• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can i start a new game in DMC4 directly in DMD mode?

paramvirs

i feel that Dmc4 was too easy for me.
Is there a way that i can start a new game directly in DMD mode. This way i wont have any upgrades.

In DMC3 if you had completed DMD mode then when you start new game it allows to select any difficulty from Mission List screen.
This way we can add more challenge by attempting to play DMC4 directly in DMD mode.And as i progress in DMD mode i can buy upgrades with limited amount of proud souls i collect by completing mission.

i know that i can sell all upgrades and play without any upgrades in DMC4. But i want to play starting with DMD and buy upgrade with limited amount of proud souls, with no continues.

I tried very hard and DMD mode directly in DMC3 and it was lot more challenging and fun.

Sorry, if i had posted twice as i cant find my last thread.

Keaton

Premium
Welcome to the forum Paramvirs - apologies for the delay in posting in this thread, it was caught in the moderation que for some reason.

To anwser your question DMD mode is unlocked when you beat Son of Sparda mode. Assuming you have already beaten the game on one savefile, I don't imagine it being too much of a problem. However, this is something that I have never actually checked.

Otherwise the only way you could do it is by starting a new game and beating Devil Hunter, then Son of Sparda and finally you will unlock Dante Must Die mode.

aka958

Don't trust people
And when you unlocked DMD mode on 1 save file then the new game on your DMC4 and then it should have everything unlocked. I think.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
You want to play DMC4 on DMD..with no upgrades at first?
I will never understand the hardcore -_- maybe I am just too much of a stress head to enjoy getting my ass handed to me. I always thought the whole point of unlocking DMD is that you need certain skills earlier on in the game. Like when you fight Blitz at the start of mission 4. If you have not bought a charge shot yet it's going to take you about 10 times longer I would assume.
But hey if your up for it good luck to ya. Props I guess:unsure:

paramvirs

Even if i had completed DMD mode on one save file, if i start new game i still have to go through all the modes again.
I want to start a new game in DMD mode so that i can buy the upgrades with the proud souls earned in this mode. This makes the decision tougher as which upgrade to buy cause i will have limited proud souls.
If we count the normal difficulty as 1 times, hard difficulty as 1 times and DMD difficulty as 1 times, then i would have played DMC3 and DMC3:SE for around 30 times. The shear number of enemies, devil triggered in DMD mode in DMC3 was too much of challenge. I played it without using the devil trigger blast and cleared it.
So after playing such intense action, DMC4 looked too easy.
In DMC4, enemies take too long to devil trigger and by the time i had already finished all of them.

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
darth_angelo45;181785 said:
I will never understand the hardcore -_- maybe I am just too much of a stress head to enjoy getting my ass handed to me.

LOL! :lol: I heard that! I find it's about as much fun as getting a root canal...

Dante94513

Well, sorry. Refunding moves seem to be the only way. I know how you feel though. But for a bigger challenge, don't use the DB during a battle, nor exceed, 1 style, 2 weapons, and 2 guns.

Top Bottom