• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Calling all artists

Kaihedgie

Though I've been here for a decent time, I was wondering how many members here are artists around here. Just curious

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
*slowly raises hand.* Hehe. I'm majoring in it at college. You get to learn and try out all kinds of neato things.

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
Cool. I can draw, I guess. Well my mates and teachers think I can. I can draw basic animals, but I'm crap at people. The best I can do is stick men fighting or something :lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Obviously I have mad skillz...provided you like drawings by three year olds.

Judging by some of the sigs people make here I'd say we have a few budding artists in our midst...

Kaihedgie

And since we all play DMC....perhaps we could collaborate on something. I only use MS Paint, but regardless, my art is just fine

Chrysander

Hey that's good. I don't think it needs shading. I think it would look good with black lines, like with a fine liner or something. I like the style of it

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Chrysander;52536 said:
Hey that's good. I don't think it needs shading. I think it would look good with black lines, like with a fine liner or something. I like the style of it

Thanks. Yes. I'd really love to ink it so it'll look a bit smoother looking.

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
but anyway its better than what I would draw!!! people are just a no go for me, they would turn out with big massive heads and a tiny body :lol:

Steven

That-Damn-Good
I'm a designer, I guess. BUT, only computer design, I use Graphics tablets and programs to make all my art. Hand drawn stuff by me is not so great. :p

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
Hijack;52587 said:
*joins in the group of artists*

Here's my dA account: http://xbeautyqueenx.deviantart.com/

I haven't updated it for a very long time though.. I'm thinking about getting a new account.

I've just realised. On your flower girl picture, its used surrealism. We are doing that in my art class. I think its dead hard to use it, we are doing pictures of people. They have to be real detailed but then they have to have something unusual on it. Like on my face it has one side with scales (dont ask how long it took me) and the other side with the skull. It's hard, let me tell ya........

Hijack

Aren't they traced / edited photographs? That's Why they are so realistic - unless I missed something

Uh, I can tell you that they are not traced. They are my own hardwork and a lot of precious (wasted) hours. Haha~

A couple of them I drew from looking at magazines to practice my realism and my skills in photoshtop, others are just my own random thing. :3 I have a few fanarts in there too. Too bad no DMC artwork. D: Maybe I should draw some of Dante and Vergil. That would be fun.

We are doing that in my art class. I think its dead hard to use it, we are doing pictures of people. They have to be real detailed but then they have to have something unusual on it. Like on my face it has one side with scales (dont ask how long it took me) and the other side with the skull. It's hard, let me tell ya........

Drawing realistic people is always difficult, especially when you have to bend technical rules and draw them surrealistic. But your picture sounds awesome and I bet it looks awesome. :3

Chrysander

I didn't mean to cause any offense, I just thought that's what the images were.

Well, this image fits exactly over the corresponding image in photoshop, which is what made me assume that it was traced / edited. I can't see how it could be done any other way to such accuracy.

http://www.godfist.com/photo_comparison2.jpg

The way I'd go about achieving that effect would be to raise the contrast, change the hue, and then use the smudge tool. Or, conversely, make a new layer over the image and then use the brush / smudge tool to create the appropriate light and dark areas. What technique did you use?

Top Bottom