• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BS Movie Announced

Will you watch/support it?

• Watch & Support

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Watch Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Support Only

• None

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
65571_o.gif

BPpOGnQCcAACSQ0.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/20/4541304/superman-batman-warner-bros-2015

And yes, that title was done on purpose.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm gonna watch it of course because I'm a cinephile and a superhero nerd. And I actually like going to the movie theater.

To me, there's nothing better than going to the theater. Unless the person next you happens to smell, as what happened with The Avengers. Ugh.

Even if I had my own movie theater system, it wouldn't be as good as the real thing, imo.

I'm also looking forward to this movie. Even if it combines the worst Nolan pretentiousness of DKR & TMoS.

And I don't care if I have to protest at Christian Bale's house. He will be Batman again, gravely voice be damned.

Continuity must remain in place. The fans demand it.

tumblr_mbj66enmKq1rgq1rvo1_500.gif

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Allow me to present my reaction. (deep breath)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! SOMEONE GET ME A TABLE TO FLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I will post news & information about it.
Maybe rent or watch it free, i will not or tell offline friends about it, i don't support DC characters going realistic.

DC is not a very realistic universe...just saying. aliens...angelic and demonic forces...getting struck by lighting=super speed...i can however buy the idea of a boy having a mental breakdown after watching his parents get killed and becoming a vigilante (i mean, its happened in our world before). but everything else...nah.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
i can however buy the idea of a boy having a mental breakdown after watching his parents get killed and becoming a vigilante. but everything else...nah.
Yeah... you've heard of Phoenix Jones right? He and other vigilantes (not affiliated with him, of course) have gotten in pretty bad shape (beaten up, shot at, stabbed, etc.) over things like this.

Now all those vigilantes need is that classic pose.
And yes, that was just another excuse to post that video again. :shifty:

Reactions: Jak

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Yeah... you've heard of Phoenix Jones right? He and other vigilantes (not affiliated with him, of course) have gotten in pretty bad shape (beaten up, shot at, stabbed, etc.) over things like this.

Now all those vigilantes need is that classic pose.
And yes, that was just another excuse to post that video again. :shifty:

pheonix jones is an idiot. he puts his family in danger by revealing himself to the world.
epic pose. i did that for halloween when i dressed up as batman beyond for halloween. hurts your knee if you don't do it right though.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
pheonix jones is an idiot. he puts his family in danger by revealing himself to the world.
epic pose. i did that for halloween when i dressed up as batman beyond for halloween. hurts your knee if you don't do it right though.
Hey, come on now. I actually really like Phoenix Jones... although he should have went for the "blurred voice/silhouette" option during the interviews he gave.
Ah, thanks for the heads up on the knee thing.

Reactions: Jak

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
To me, there's nothing better than going to the theater. Unless the person next you happens to smell, as what happened with The Avengers. Ugh.

Even if I had my own movie theater system, it wouldn't be as good as the real thing, imo.

I'm also looking forward to this movie. Even if it combines the worst Nolan pretentiousness of DKR & TMoS.

And I don't care if I have to protest at Christian Bale's house. He will be Batman again, gravely voice be damned.

Continuity must remain in place. The fans demand it.
NO MORE NOLAN AND DC. I don't want more of Nolan's Batman and that should stay contained. While Bale is a great actor, he isn't a good Batman. Micheal Keaton's Batman is actually the best Batman I've seen on film.Plus Christian Bale said multiple time he's not playing him again.

I vote Anson Mount as the new Batman.
51fzt6hky1l__sx500_.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd vote for him as well if he were even being considered for the role. Unfortunately, I don't think he is... at least, not right now.

And while you may dislike Nolan and DC, Cavill is still the Man of Steel and has a 99.9% chance of continuing his portrayal of Superman in World's Finest.

If you don't want it, the execs up in WB won't give a crap, 'cause they'll still try to sell what works in the box office.

If this were an all new Superman and Batman, then... I might not have a problem with them going "Fantasy Avengers Style" on this flick... but the tone will most likely remain consistent with the Nolan films, regardless.

Actually, I don't really care how it turns out, whether it's Nolan-ish or Wheden-ish. I just want it done well.

I thought the consistency mattered a little, since Nolan was behind both Batman and Superman but I honestly don't have a problem with them going the other way.

It'll probably just end up being slightly above-average -- but at this point, it's pretty much anyone's guess.

I'm willing to admit the possibility of it sucking completely. That odds of that happening are still very much on the table.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'd vote for him as well if he were even being considered for the role. Unfortunately, I don't think he is... at least, not right now.

And while you may dislike Nolan and DC, Cavill is still the Man of Steel and has a 99.9% chance of continuing his portrayal of Superman in World's Finest.

If you don't want it, the execs up in WB won't give a crap, 'cause they'll still try to sell what works in the box office.

If this were an all new Superman and Batman, then... I might not have a problem with them going "Fantasy Avengers Style" on this flick... but the tone will most likely remain consistent with the Nolan films, regardless.

Actually, I don't really care how it turns out, whether it's Nolan-ish or Wheden-ish. I just want it done well.

I thought the consistency mattered a little, since Nolan was behind both Batman and Superman but I honestly don't have a problem with them going the other way.

It'll probably just end up being slightly above-average -- but at this point, it's pretty much anyone's guess.

I'm willing to admit the possibility of it sucking completely. That odds of that happening are still very much on the table.
Dude, I'm totally fine with Cavill as Superman. He makes a great Superman. David Goyer just needs to remember Superman isn't Batman. I want a better writer.

Dude, Kevin Smith should write more superhero movies. He's a fantastic writer, actually works on comic books, and knows and understands the source material pretty much more than anyone else in Hollywood it seems. They should get him to do something.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
NO MORE NOLAN AND DC. I don't want more of Nolan's Batman and that should stay contained. While Bale is a great actor, he isn't a good Batman. Micheal Keaton's Batman is actually the best Batman I've seen on film.Plus Christian Bale said multiple time he's not playing him again.

51fzt6hky1l__sx500_.jpg

i vote bradley cooper. i think smallville season 11 based part of bruce wayne's look on him. i can see why.
Bradley-Cooper-demolitionvenom-33641150-500-670.jpg

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
this don't look like BS to me...but we'll see based on the set photos next year

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I totally agree but when it comes to DC comic characters, if those characters are created to be separated by miles from normal standards then movies based on those incredible characters shouldn't be limited to so much realism either.

i mean, wasn't marvel the "grounded in reality" type of comic while dc was the "cosmic this and space that" company when they first started competing in the 60's?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
i mean, wasn't marvel the "grounded in reality" type of comic while dc was the "cosmic this and space that" company when they first started competing in the 60's?
Look at the Marvel cinematic universe. They aren't afraid to put those colorful comic books on the screen. They are basically lifting things straight from the page. Marvel is making Guardians of the Galaxy and Rocket Raccoon is a part of it.

Marvel has always explained a lot of things with some kind of magical science or aliens and stuff though. On the other hand a big side of DC Comics is just straight up fantasy and mythology even that has something incredible happen and is just like "roll with it, it's comic books and crazy sh!t like this can happen." You think the last thing they would want to "ground in reality" is the DC Universe.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Look at the Marvel cinematic universe. They aren't afraid to put those colorful comic books on the screen. They are basically lifting things straight from the page. Marvel is making Guardians of the Galaxy and Rocket Raccoon is a part of it.

Marvel has always explained a lot of things with some kind of magical science or aliens and stuff though. On the other hand a big side of DC Comics is just straight up fantasy and mythology even that has something incredible happen and is just like "roll with it, it's comic books and crazy sh!t like this can happen." You think the last thing they would want to "ground in reality" is the DC Universe.

i know right. plus, how much of DC can you really "ground in reality"? from aliens, to gods, to science that makes no sense what so ever (barry), i don't see DC as being a grounded comic company.

Top Bottom