• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Broken" Directors (General Films & Games)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yes, I am putting Francis Ford Coppola on this list. Godfather 3 and Jack were unforgivable.

M. Night

Uwe Boll

Paul W.S. Anderson

Coppola

The Wachowskis

Schumacher

Bay

----------------------------------------------

Also, while he isn't a director, it counts as "General Films."

John Hughes (writer)

Dishonorable Mentions:

Kojima and David Cage

Because they try so hard to make movies out of their games...

---------------------------------------------

Edit:

Crap, could someone move this to "General Discussion"? Thanks.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Is this a Worst Directors list or directors who have "lost it"(As in don't have the spark they used to anymore) list since you're using "Broken"?

Either way I'll do my "lost it" list since you pretty much covered the worst directors already.

- Steven Spielberg
He's one of my favorite directors, but everything he's made as of late just hasn't been that great, the last movies I watched of his that I though were good were The Terminal and War of the Worlds and I did have some fun with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Real Steel, but everything he's been involved with these days just don't have that same fun creative spark of such amazing movies like Jurassic Park, Back to the Future or the original Indiana Jones trilogy.
I still think he's a fantastic director I'm still looking forward to his Halo TV Series though and I hope he gets as creative as he was back in good old days again.

- James Cameron
My number 1 movie director and soon to be fellow countryman James Cameron created 2 of my all time favorite movies EVER, Terminator 2 and Aliens, not to mention the masterpieces known as Titanic, Terminator 1, True Lies and The Abyss.
But Avatar just didn't feel like he was the same director of those masterpieces of the 80s & 90s, Cameron's massive leap from actual props, jumping road bikes and trucks into sewers and such into a movie that was 90% CG was just wrong and also didn't have Cameron's flare from his 80s & 90s movies. Now he's gonna be wasting the rest of the decade on Avatar sequels which will be the first time he's directed more than 2 movies in the same franchise, but if Terminator 2 and Aliens proved anything, it's that Cameron knows how to surpass the original, I just hope that part of him didn't stay in the past.

- Paul Verhoeven
The director of the timeless classics that are getting garbage PG-13 Remakes Paul Verhoeven made some damn awesome movies, my favorites being Robocop, Starship Troopers and Total Recall. But since he abandoned western films after Hollow Man he hasn't made anything really good.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Uwe Boll - I don't think it need any explanation. He's just THAT terrible

Michael Bay - explosions, explosions and one more time explosions.

Christopher Nolan - self-prentcious guy who in truth can't create any logical development in his storylines. Anyone with enough reflection can conclude that while his films are pompous on the outside, inside they are empty poorly stitched together random scenes, that barely make any sense in the end.

John Carpenter - I loved his early and mid-life films. They probably best horrors around that time. Sadly nowadays I feel like he isn't even trying to do a good film. He just add cliche jump-scares and repeating older ideas over and over.

Dishonorable mentions
Corey May - even if some people consider his writing good, for me he's one of those storytellers where you can't really follow story without a pillow or coffee. AC3 was his pinnacle.
Tameem Antoniades - While NT stories used to be good, when extern writers worked for them, his attempt of single-handenly writing was surprisingly not up to the quality of previous ones.

Top Bottom