• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BREAKING NEWS: DMC5 announced! Nero is actually Vergil's FATHER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

In a move no one saw coming, Capcom has announced DMC5 will be coming out next year exclusively for the Dreamcast. When asked why for such an old system, they responded simply with: "We don't yet know how to make games properly for the current gen consoles like PS2 and Xbox. We want to focus on making this game the best that it can be, so we opted to put it on last gen because we have more experience with it."

Despite the hardware limitations, Capcom insists that the game will run at a locked 10fps at 480p.

"In the past, DMC has always been super fast. A lot of people complained about how they couldn't follow what was going on. So we decided to slow it down. This way you can really see each move being performed in all its stylishness.

Capcom was pretty tight-lipped about the story details, but they did say that it would be a cross over between DMC and DmC. Apparently, Nero is actually Vergil's father, instead of the other way around like everyone else thought. Some sort of time/dimensional travel will be incorporated to explain this. This also means that Dante and Vergil are no longer twins: a change which is sure to upset some people.

"We have a long history of creating sequels that contradict previous games in the series. Why stop now?

Cap com announced that a total of ten characters will be playable. All will use their exact same move sets from previous games.

"Why fix what ain't broke?"

----------------------------------------

Hope this thread made you laugh. Happy April Fool's everyone! :D

Viper

Premium
hahahahahaha... good one, good one, you really put effort. XD

But I really heard one of their more serious ideas is Agnus spin-off, his quest to collect demons and devil arms for research. It was in a recently published interview somewhere... I stupidly forgot where.

KRSkull

OMG Meg you really got me. when i red the title i was like
wootsmiley.gif

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I looked over the internet and apparently 10 fps or less fps in general gives the game a more "cinematic" feeling. As you can clearly see, it worked great for games like Assassin Creed Unity and for other games the framerate clearly does not matter (The Last of Us and The Last of Us Remastered got the same rating which surely means that the changes did not matter). The new characters in DMC5 look very interesting. From what I heard Agnus supports voice control and to attack with him you are required to memorize his quotes and say them during the fight. Capcom also teamed up with Microsoft to give the game kinect support which is said to work perfectly. The original game comes with the Scarecrow as the only playable character. This includes 20 missions where you can play as the legendary Scarecrow and features the extremely depressing story of the protagonist. The other characters are available to be bought for 9.99$ each with no required download! You can also buy skins for your favorite moves which change their color like Flush or Rebellion Combo B!

Okay, I should stop giving them ideas.

Really funny April Fools'! If I wouldn't have been reminded that April Fools' exists earlier, I would've probably believed it. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom