• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Boy gamers vs girl gamers

Select your gender

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey guys (and girls), we haven't had one of these polls in a while so I thought I'd make a new one.
Select your gender in the poll.
You can only pick one gender.
Don't be a noob and pick a gender you're not for the sake of being lame.
Posting in this thread is not compulsory in taking part of the poll, for those who would rather not have anyone know their gender+username.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I am an girl gamer, and when i have bad mood I always kick others asses on MP games, but's that rare as Im rather skilled in Singleplayer games well beacuse they better suit me rather uncontrollable sometimes MP chaos.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
There should be an option for people who don't identify as male or female. :O
I thought about that for a while, but that would defeat the point of the thread. Until there's an official category for LGBT gamers, I'm going to stick to the basics.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Despite the images of archer that I plaster all over my profile, I am in fact a female. I've got an intense devotion to DMC and I'm the ultimate type-moon nerd.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Now I could go down the sociological route and start discussing what the term "gender" truly means...but I haven't studied sociology for more than 12 years now and also, as a subject, it's a load of crap.

But yeah, vaguely female here - although the number of members who still refer to me as "brah" is quite entertaining...must be the scent of misogyny that I bring to the boards :troll:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I guess I count as female. Despite using alot of male avatars. And being called "shadow" (do shadows have genders? @_@). Anyway, yeah...female gamer here; hai.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Female, love my clothes shopping and cute, but I also love violent video games. Don't see why being female should stop me. Same as if a guy wants to do something like sterotypically female activity.

Don't see why it has to be male vs female anyway. All this gender binary is just a construct for society anyway.
Just because there's a female body doesn't mean the mind is female or the sexuality is liking men. Reverse goes for male too.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Female, love my clothes shopping and cute, but I also love violent video games. Don't see why being female should stop me. Same as if a guy wants to do something like sterotypically female activity.

Don't see why it has to be male vs female anyway. All this gender binary is just a construct for society anyway.
Just because there's a female body doesn't mean the mind is female or the sexuality is liking men. Reverse goes for male too.
Because, for all intents and purposes, I was curious to see how many girls and how many guys we have on the forum. Queer and such is irrelevant, if someone wanted to do a poll on that, feel free to go do so but this thread is not meant for people to come out and say I'M A GIRL AND I FANCY GIRLS!! I consider myself a tomboy, but I'm not going to put myself in the category of 'other' just because of that. I was born a girl and, unless you've gone through the process of turning yourself into the opposite gender and you are legally/socially/physically labelled male or female, just select the gender that you ARE.
Thanks.

Meg

Because, for all intents and purposes, I was curious to see how many girls and how many guys we have on the forum. Queer and such is irrelevant, if someone wanted to do a poll on that, feel free to go do so but this thread is not meant for people to come out and say I'M A GIRL AND I FANCY GIRLS!! I consider myself a tomboy, but I'm not going to put myself in the category of 'other' just because of that. I was born a girl and, unless you've gone through the process of turning yourself into the opposite gender and you are legally/socially/physically labelled male or female, just select the gender that you ARE.
Thanks.
What people are trying to get at here is that some people don't identify as either "male" or "female," so by making a poll that only has those two options, you're excluding people. But at the same time, it's your poll. And you don't HAVE to include other genders/sexes if you don't want to.

Actually, seeing how I always like seeing your in-depth thoughts on a subject, DS, why don't we make a thread where we can all discuss gender/sex/sexual orientation? Our own. Other peoples. Stuff in general. Could be a fun discussion. :D

Plus! The people here who don't fit into the male/female binary can have a chance to explain how they identify. :D

Anyone interested?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Thanks.

I'd rather not, since saying one or the other would be dishonest - either to myself, or the stance you've taken about selecting what you are. I appreciate that it's just a %*£etc. poll and it's *your* poll (I assume it's what you're speaking of in the ranting thinking thread), and that you seem to express yourself even more aggressively about it at this point. Quite honestly there's no need to be so forceful.

Top Bottom