• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bound by Flame

The Final Offer

@The Final Offer
Wow so kinda like a little Fable huh ?

From what you say it sounds very promising & interesting.

After I wrote all of that I decided to continue my story and I was on Chapter 3. Out of nowhere the damn game ended and I'm at level 25...what the **** was that? Did they run out of funding or are they going to do the DLC route? Either way NO, I wanted more.

I was expecting an incredibly long game and some attachments to the magic tree and skills tree. Oh no, this game is not worth the money and it will definitely be getting sent back for Watch Dogs ASAP. It's such a let down.

The Final Offer

@The Final Offer
Wait, chapter 3 & level 25...........That's the end?
So how long is Bound by Flame ?
The developers said BOUND BY FLAME IS 30 HOURS LONG

I'm looking at so many screens & it looks nice, but if it's short then i'm passing on it.

Is it open world.
Respawning enemies
Is it challenging

If i can linger & drag out gameplay then it's forgivable but if it's pushing me along then forget it.

Yeah. Level 25 and that's it I beat it. There are three branches to upgrade Ranger, Warrior, and Pyromancer. I seriously thought there'd be more to it than that. Since there isn't, the game is barebones RPG. You can find greater content in ps1 games.

Yes. Respawning enemies. That take so long to kill that you might not even wanna grind. You don't have to really. Just do a majority of the side missions and you should be ok.

I wanna say that the 30 is stetching it. I'd say 20-23 hours. It's not open world, it's actually cramped passways and small towns with little breathing room. I mean, I haven't seen nor ran into anything mini-game-ish just invisible barriers.

Now that I think about it. Everything felt like tastes of what's to come, not the real deal. I'd say it's not as challenging as it appears. The enemies do have very long life bars for grunts and the camera works against you at times. It's an experience that makes you wish it was better than it turned out to be.

I keep reading that the studio was small and that makes me show a little bit of mercy.

It depends on your tastes. It's like Fable but, linear, so linear there are no secret worlds/stages. You can backtrack... to make it seem longer. Even if you did that the game is like the city part of GTA V...maybe not even that.

I beat the game, so it kept my interests only because I thought it was going to get better, but it spiraled including the story. Just warning you that it isn't worth the money.

Top Bottom