• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bosses & Blitz word description of what to do and videos.

asdfen

work in progress

link to Nero sword move list on wiki

Bosses with Nero

Boss 1 - Berial - Mission 2, 19
Tip1. The easiest position to defend myself I found is to stay up in the air. (this assumes you have double jump "Air Hike") Execute single jump then Snatch which should get you really high in the air and do Roulette Spin or just a few slashes. When he does attack with anything other then nuke attack just do a second jump. Usually that's all you need to do. After attack get to the ground to reset the double jump. Rinse repeat.
When his shield is down activate Devil Trigger try to slash a bit and do an aerial Buster, aerial buster doesnt send Berial flying across the map, so that you can do a 2nd follow up Buster. When he gets up he is usually going to follow up with nuke attack so just stay away and do charge shots or just shoot or while in DT mode do the arrow move (target back yb). Then repeat the above as needed. Here is a video of something like that.

Berial Video

Boss 2 - Bael - Mission 4, 6, 19
Phase 1 - 2 nakid chix.
The strat that works for me is do single slash on which try to charge Exceed gauge then do jump and slam move Split. Also charge shot them when they charge at you to freeze you. Once you damage one of them enough and it sits down on the ground do Buster. Which gets you to the next phase. In case you get frozen by one of the chix activate Devil Trigger to get out of it and dodge the munch jump.

Phase 2 - ugly frog
I dodge all of his attacks by jumping to the side of him. Do Steaks to get close to him. dodge to the side and slash at him whichever way you can. Once you see him jump really far away and starting to fade either close in fast and do aerial attacks or do ranged attacks.when his ugly face hits the ground and he is stunned and open to a Buster attack. In case he does manage to munch you do Devil Trigger to save yourself.

Bael video

Boss 3 - Angus - Mission 6
Nothing much to say. All you need to do is stand in the middle on the little bump. Do Snatch on the flying swords and throw them at the window. To avoid damage you can do jump with Devil Trigger. Nothing more to it really. All I can say this is a really crappy fight on higher difficulties or if you trying to do no damage. What you also need to know is the monsters continue to spawn so you cant kill them all.

Angus 1 video

Boss 4 - Echidna - Mission 7
Phase 1 normal stance when she can move around (NOT FLY). do Roulette Spins and do 2nd jump in case she does her braid swing attack. She can also swing her tail on the ground. once again jump.
Phase 2 She burrows into the ground. make sure to keep you distance while she does that. Its damaging. What she does in this stance is spawn spikes that lash at you. You can see where the spikes are going to spawn by holes in the ground. Imo safest bet is to stay really close to the boss since they tend to spawn right underneath Nero and nearly impossible to avoid. Get close to her and do Exceed attacks. Sometimes she gets stunned and then is open for a Buster attack. To avoid spikes once they spawned just do a little jump on the other side of boss. Make sure to jump off when she is about to fly away.
Phase 3 spider stance. get underneath of her and do slashes and a Buster to finish off your attack.
Phase 4 Flying stance. Get to the side of the map to avoid damage so she cannot fly into you. From that position shoot at her till she stops flying. Watch out for seed attacks that can be evaded with jumping.

Echidna Nero video

Boss 5 - Angelo Credo - Mission 8
Phase 1. normal he walks at you while blocking everything and counter attacking. I do Streaks to get close to him and initiate attack followed by jump to evade his counter followed by Buster and charge shot.
He also sometimes throws his lance at you. Two ways to react. 1) Evade with Table Hopper (target him and roll to the side) 2) Counter this move with Buster. To do this you need to evade his first two throws and catch his 3rd with Buster. Timing on buster is as soon as you see him hurl it do Buster. Do not wait for the spear to get close. Also while executing this make sure to have the boss targeted as otherwise Nero can throw the lance and miss.

Phase 2. In case you let him go below ~30 percent he goes berserk and does new set of attacks. Strategy remains the same just do more jumping before Buster.

Angelo Credo video

Boss 5 - Angus - Mission 9, 19
Spawns additional creatures during fight. I don't really have a good strategy for this. Recommend to focus on the easy monsters-swords and dogs because they have low hp and they wont interrupt your attacks plus you can use them with Buster to damage the boss. Also when he says "time to die" quickly execute an all out attack to interrupt him from unleashing attack damaging you and healing him. Also when he does spinning blades back into corner and at the end jump over them. I prefer to do aerial attacks on him to be able to evade stuff easier oh and charge shots. To evade "your strength is mine" attack just do some jumping or DT to get out of it in case of a screw up.

Angus video

Boss 6 - Dante - Mission 10, 1
My cheap tactic is at medium/close range do a Snatch which Dante will evade and counter with Stinger. As he does stinger do Buster. If you miss the que and he start doing combo do Devil Trigger to get out of it. Also to interrupt his long range attacks you can use Charged Shot.this video is for mission 1 but also applicable for mission 10. This is exactly what I do on m1 and 10.

Nero vs Dante video

Boss 7 - Destroyer/Savior/Sanctus - Mission 11
to destroy the shield I usually do two Roulette Spinns in a row without landing.in case he does lightning attack I do 2nd jump to get really high and continue Roulette. Once shield is down you can stun him with charge shot and quickly close the distance to attack. Since I suck at Calibur (mid air glide attack) I wait for Sanctus to get some distance between himself and Nero while dodging his lil thingies wait for him to do ground attack jump over it Snatch to close in on him and do Roulette. After that I just do Buster in DT mode.
The last 40 percent he also jumps into statue which slams fist at Nero on the ground. Fist attack can be either evaded or you can counter it with Buster. Buster counter is not too bad timing so you can try that.

Sanctus m11 video

Blitz
quiet easy. get shield down with a few Charged Shots after that activate Devil Trigger (make sure to keep charging your Charged Shot while doing all of the busters) do Buster then Streak then Buster again then jump and aerial Buster. as soon as he starts charging his shield again do Charged Shot. Thats it usually it. If he aint dead after that keep evading him and hope that one of the next charged shots kills him. Video covers the general idea.

Nero vs Blitz

Boss 8 - Sanctus - Mission 20
similar to m11 but more annoying. Now to destroy the shield I usually do a Roulette Spin wait for him to move around and reposition. Then if you quick you can catch up and do 2nd Roulette Spin to interrupt his attack or evade his attack and then counter with Roulette Spin.
This time around his preferred attack after you disable shield is ball shooting at you. Watch for audio cues as they are always the same, so that you know which attack is coming. Evade the attack and execute counter.
The following are your options of counters. Once shield is down you can stun him with charge shot and quickly close the distance to attack. Then DT close to him in the air or buster then slash at him to bring him down. Buster since he usually now blocks regular attacks before Buster. He does not block DT attacks. If you are able to pull of Calibur do it, since that attack does both: brings you to the boss and initiates attack cycle.

After he is defenseless ( no shield and on the ground) I just do Buster in DT mode and press shoot button during it for extra damage. He also sometimes does ground attacks with his sword which have to be evaded and after which I usually do Streak to close in quick since he doesn't stick around for long and then Buster to break his guard followed by regular combo and a Buster that isn't going to be blocked.

The last ~30 percent he goes close to the ground and begins charging with sword pointed at Nero. This attack can be countered with Buster or dodged. Buster timing for this is easy. It works like this - as soon as you see he is starting his swooping down animation do a Buster.

PS: If someone doesn't know at next event with statue all you need to do is as he tries to punch you with right then left arm counter each attack with Buster. Timing is different for both arms and not exactly intuitive, at least not for me, so practice a bit to get it right. After his face hits the ground jump and Buster his forehead.

Sanctus m20 video

asdfen

Dante stuff. I suck with Dante. but let me cover some basics

link moves Rebellion

Boss 1 - Echidna - Mission 13
Phase 1 normal stance when she can move around (NOT FLY). I usually sword master + Rebellion and do aerial "B" attack (Aerial Rave) that just does regular slash in the air and do 2nd jump in case she does her braid swing attack. She can also swing her tail on the ground. once again jump.
Phase 2 She burrows into the ground. make sure to keep you distance while she does that. Its damaging. What she does in this stance is spawn spikes that lash at you. Get close to get and do Pin-Up attacks with Lucifer. Keep doing PinUp till she gets away. To avoid spikes once they spawned just jump on the other side of boss. Make sure to jump off when she is about to fly away.
Phase 3 spider stance. get underneath of her and do Aerial Rave.
Phase 4 Flying stance.Get to the side of the map to avoid damage and do Pandora laser till she stop while jumping to avoid seeds.

Blitz
the easiest way to get rid of the shield for me is to do Charged shotgun blasts. After shield is gone I get close to him and start shooting with shotgun till he is knocked down. The knock down is done so he is in position for DRI. Then do DRI - Real Impact (target+back+B) Gilgamesh + Swordmaster activate Devil Trigger right as you land 1st hit then deactivate activate it again on 2nd hit. Blitz will be knocked down. Try to squiz another DRI in while he is down from the 1st DRI. Providing all is well while he activates his red berserk shield keep blasting him with shotgun till he is dead. Which should be 1 shot. In case you screw up and he is still above berserk mode you can take off his shield while he is charging it with Gunslinger+Pandora Omen move (targeting+forward+B).

You can also take off his shield in Royal Guard Style + Gilgamesh just come up to him whenever you can and quickly spam melee attack and block / melee attack and block as fast as you can. Especially after he does shocking teleport. Once shield is down DRI him.

PS: In case he manages to do berserk mode grab and suicidal lightning remember that you are able to get out of that with DT.

Dante vs Blitz

Boss 2 - Dagon - Mission 15
Phase 1 - 2 nakid chix.
The strat that works for me is do charge Y sword throwing move while keeping my distance till one of them charges at you to freeze you. Once frozen activate Devil Trigger to get out of it and dodge the munch jump and do counter attack, like PinUP or DRI

Phase 2 - ugly frog
I dodge all of his attacks by jumping to the side of him. Do PinUP or DRI. In case he does manage to munch you do Devil Trigger to save yourself. Also when he goes to fade Pandora laser works well or Over Drive Swordmaster + Rebellion (target+back+hold B then release and do 2 more B)

Dante vs Dagon

Boss 3 - Berial- Mission 16
having real trouble with him on DMD. DRI works if you do it after dodging an attack
When his shield is down do DRI again. at long range Pandora Laser works well.

After some more playing around the easiest way I found for this fight is as follows.
Start the fight in Swordmaster as soon as fight start charge Over Drive. Quickly change to Trickster and change weapon to Lucifer evade his counter and do Pin Ups. Stay away from him at medium range do 3 Pin Up moves then switch to Swordmaster and throw the swordsat Berial with Bondage move. Switch back to Trickster rinse/repeat. This strat is easy has no flash but works really well and does not require any crazy timings.

Dante vs Berial video

Boss 4 - Agnus- Mission 17
Spawns additional creatures during fight. I don't really have a good strategy for this. Personally I suggest making sure all of the additional creatures are down as priority. Moves I like are PinUP, DRI, Drive and shotgun.
Also I pretty much exclusivity use Swordmaster style with Gilgamesh and use trigger+forward+tipple Y attack to get in position for DRI. Then DRI him to the death. Also useful tip while in Devil Trigger most of attacks form anything other than Agnus do not interrupt you while charging DRI.

Dante vs Agnus video

Boss 5 - Savior - Mission 18
Phase 1. You must destroy 8 blue crystals in total / 2 on left arm (shoulder/elbow) / 2 on right arm (shoulder/elbow) / 1 back crystal/ 1 left ankle/ 1 right ankle / 1 head crystal /

Before we begin you need to know how to stun the whole statue. There are three ways that I know of. 1) to stun him you can do the following stun his arm with a blue spin wheel that activates stun ray. then activate Dark Style + Yamato and do the ray attacks on his arm twice. 2) Find a platform with a cannon that shoots at him to stun him. 3) Shoot Pandora laser at his chest crystal.

Now here comes every possible way I know to destroy each of the crystals.

Crystals (2) on left arm (shoulder/elbow)
____
These can be accessed in two different ways. 1) Get on the platform right below the starting platform. I would use Royal Guard block his left arm slam attack and jump onto it. Use melee attacks to destroy elbow crustal then switch to Gunslinger + Pandora (jump+B) target shoulder and just press gunfire. 2) Jump around till you find a platform that stuns his left arm with a blue spin wheel that activates stun ray. Once arm is stunned get onto it.
____
Crystals (2) on right arm (shoulder/elbow)
These can be accessed in three different ways. 1) Find a platform that stuns his right arm with a blue spin wheel that activates stun ray. Once arm is stunned get onto it and destroy crystals. 2) Stun the whole statue. Get around on the platform that gives you access to the right arm crystals. It is accessed via red jump pad. Destroy it with ranged attack. 3) After he executes attack with his right arm block or evade them and then jump on top of it.
____
Crystals on back (1), left ankle (1), right ankle (1)
Stun the whole statue that is described above. Jump around to access those crystals.
____
Crystal on the head
These can be accessed in two different ways. 1) While on top of one of the arms do aerial special (B) while in Gunslinger + Pandora target the head and send a rocket at it. 2) Stun the whole statue. Get around on the platform that gives you access to the right arm crystals. It is accessed via red jump pad. Target the head crystal and go into Pandora laser mode while still targeting then manually adjust the targeting to hit the head crystal.

Defense strat. Him small orbs attack can be destroyed with Ebony and Ivory. The big orbs can be Royal Guard blocked. The rest of the attacks can be blocked with Royal Guard or just run away. Trickster works wonders too.

Phase 2.
Now you get a life bar, and are able to auto aim on the Savior's chest crystal. You can hit it with Ebony & Ivory, shotgun or Pandora laser attack. I recommend laser. Also one of the platforms lets you get a few melee attacks in. I recommend the DRI for melee. Once again Royal Guard or Trickster works to evade attacks. Stay away from his beam attack.
In case you do want to block it, it is possible using Dante Dreadnought form + Royal guard. Dante has a normal Devil form and a second Dreadnought form which he enters by using the Royal Guard Style.

Dante vs Savior video

Top Bottom