• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Borderlands 2

ZeroLove

I am not really a fan of shooters, I mostly find them boring and I suck at them. Games like Battlefield and Call of Duty and other shooter games about fighting a war just don't attract me, though there are some more interesting ones like Army of Two and Resident Evil 5 in terms of storyplot, but they aren't games I would play myself.

Then there's Borderlands. At first it didn't interest me, because it is a shooter, but then a good friend of mine asked me to play it with him, so I did. I think it is one of the coolest shooters out there! First of all it is in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world called Pandora full of monsters, magic and the weapons have a futuristic feel to them instead of the typical boring real-life guns we see in all other games.
Borderlands isn't just a shooter, but a shooter-RPG with quests, skill-trees and a class-system with four characters to choose from which each have their specializations. I have never had such fun with any shooters in my life.

Borderlands 2 is underway and is a canon sequal to the first game with many returning characters. The player characters of the first game are now NPC's while introducing new player characters with new powers and specializations.

The four characters are Axton, the handsome-faced commander with a turret; Salvador, the biggest dwarf in the world who can dualwield any weapon; Maya, the Siren with telekinetic powers; and Zer0, the cyborg assassin who can make decoys and stealth. And there's a rumoured fifth character, a Mechromancer who can summon a "dead" claptrap robot to fight for her.

Read more about them here:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_Wiki

I used to play as either Lilith the Siren and Mordecai the Hunter, so I might play as Maya and Zer0 in the next game, but I am also curious about the new Mechromancer character who is yet to get a name.

Mechromancer.jpg

Are there other Borderlands fans out there who are excited about this game as I am?
Who was your favourite Borderlands player character and which character do you think you will play as in Borderlands 2?

Dark Drakan

Admin
I too purchased Borderlands and didnt expect much and although I didnt rate the single player much the multiplayer was some of the most fun in co-op id had in some time. Really looking forward to Borderlands 2 as according to previews they have improved EVERYTHING from the first.

If your more into RPG shooters you should check out Fallout 3/New Vegas.

ZeroLove

I too purchased Borderlands and didnt expect much and although I didnt rate the single player much the multiplayer was some of the most fun in co-op id had in some time. Really looking forward to Borderlands 2 as according to previews they have improved EVERYTHING from the first.

If your more into RPG shooters you should check out Fallout 3/New Vegas.

I did actually, as it is also one of my friend's favourite games, but I really don't like the style. I have seen my friend play New Vegas though and followed a bit on the storyplot by looking over his shoulder. The DLC on that moonstation was hilarious! XD

Dark Drakan

Admin
I did actually, as it is also one of my friend's favourite games, but I really don't like the style. I have seen my friend play New Vegas though and followed a bit on the storyplot by looking over his shoulder. The DLC on that moonstation was hilarious! XD

Its setting is post apocalyptic like Borderlands but with a better story and the VATS system used for the slow-motion limb shots was brilliant. Just on the Gamebryo Oblivion engine and same sort of gameplay style as that.

ZeroLove

Its setting is post apocalyptic like Borderlands but with a better story and the VATS system used for the slow-motion limb shots was brilliant. Just on the Gamebryo Oblivion engine and same sort of gameplay style as that.

I think it is the design that doesn't appeal to me. I really like Borderlands' cartoonish cell-shaded design. Fallout just looks plain and boring in terms of design, imo. And since I am not really a fan of shooters, I guess that's enough for me to not like it enough to play it myself.
But anyways, this isn't about Fallout, though I appreciate the suggestion. ^^

Dark Drakan

Admin
I think it is the design that doesn't appeal to me. I really like Borderlands' cartoonish cell-shaded design. Fallout just looks plain and boring in terms of design, imo. And since I am not really a fan of shooters, I guess that's enough for me to not like it enough to play it myself.
But anyways, this isn't about Fallout, though I appreciate the suggestion. ^^

Fallout is less of a shooter than Borderlands is and more steered towards RPG players but yeah this isnt the thread for it just another great Post Apocalyptic RPG/Shooter.

Borderlands has been one of the only Cell-Shaded style games ive enjoyed, only other that springs to mind was The Darkness II. Did you play Borderlands co-op or mainly on your own?

ZeroLove

Fallout is less of a shooter than Borderlands is and more RPG but yeah this isnt the thread for it just another great Post Apocalyptic RPG/Shooter.

Borderlands has been one of the only Cell-Shaded style games ive enjoyed, only other that springs to mind was The Darkness II. Did you play Borderlands co-op or mainly on your own?

I usually played with my friend and others joining, but I did a bit singleplayer. It wasn't as fun though.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I usually played with my friend and others joining, but I did a bit singleplayer. It wasn't as fun though.

Yeah the co-op was FAR superior to the single player, infact I think I only bothered with the single player for a couple of hours. Gearbox did the drop in and drop out co-op amazingly well and that was a masterstroke of design and something other developers need to take note of. Also the way it auto balanced mid-play when people joined the game or left and upped the loot according to level of players in the game was brilliant.

Demon619

Deadman walking
I loved the original Borderlands, it had alot of things I didn't expect and turned out to be utterly awsome! Even the DLC was awsome!

And the sequal looks like they took everything I love about the game and gave it a upgrade, from the characters, the enemys, the weapons, the driving (which really did need a upgrade), everything looks bigger and more badass.

I have a feeling that I will be playing as either Axton, the Commando (the Soilder class was my fav in B1) or Zer0, the Assassin (I didn't really like the Hunter class before, but this guy looks badass on a whole new level).

One thing I'm honestly hoping for the Sequal is that there is no 'Hunter' character. I don't mean the class, I mean that there is no one character that is nearly always used over the others. I found it quite sad when I joined a game with three other people and I was the only person NOT being a Hunter.

ZeroLove

I loved the original Borderlands, it had alot of things I didn't expect and turned out to be utterly awsome! Even the DLC was awsome!

And the sequal looks like they took everything I love about the game and gave it a upgrade, from the characters, the enemys, the weapons, the driving (which really did need a upgrade), everything looks bigger and more badass.

I have a feeling that I will be playing as either Axton, the Commando (the Soilder class was my fav in B1) or Zer0, the Assassin (I didn't really like the Hunter class before, but this guy looks badass on a whole new level).

One thing I'm honestly hoping for the Sequal is that there is no 'Hunter' character. I don't mean the class, I mean that there is no one character that is nearly always used over the others. I found it quite sad when I joined a game with three other people and I was the only person NOT being a Hunter.

Mordecai the Hunter was seriously overpowered in Borderlands with his bird Bloodwing and his sniper skills. I think it is more fun when there are one of each character in the group. I wonder if we will be able to play 5 in one group after the Mechromancer is released in Borderlands 2, since then there would be 5 classes. I hope so.

Top Bottom