• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Book vs Movie

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
OMG. I HATE that series. My mom is constantly praising it because 'it reminds me of your books'. It's almost as insulting as saying I write as good as Meyer. My books are nothing like that! OMG! Just because I happen to have thrown in a forest and magic? Mine are wayyyyyyyyyy better than that series! It makes me :mad:

Anyway, if the books are better, I think I'll go see if I can find a copy at my library.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
I enjoyed the books...but my attention span's way too short to finish the series. Nevertheless, I am trying. Kinda. ._.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Doom Game to Doom books to Doom movie...The movie sucked a ton. It wasn't doom at all! The only thing remotely like Doom in that entire movie was the use of the UAC title, and the quick fight with the pinky. The books were GREAT minus the third one...because it was just downright weird...and then of course (I'm throwing the game in there because that's how Doom started) the game was awesome...but c'mon...it's doom. What's not cool about running around on Mars' moons with a shotgun and blasting away demons for no reason other than the fact that they came through a portal and started killing everything?

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
Speaking of really bad transitions...dragonball evolution anyone?
Small children cried. Absolutlely ruined the characters.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
DBE was another one of those movies where if you don't think of it as Dragon Ball...it's okay.

Meg

the film versions of Jamaica Inn and 1984 were terrible. :dry:and the books were written by some of my favorite authors!

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
BlueDevil;216386 said:
DBE was another one of those movies where if you don't think of it as Dragon Ball...it's okay.

Yeah, I guess. But....as based off the manga/anime...>_<

Top Bottom