• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bleed - PC/Xbox360

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Has anyone ever tried/seen/heard about this game Bleed before?

It came out like last year, and I heard about it a while ago on some spotlight article. Immediately upon reading the words "platform shooter with Bullet Time," I had to check it out. Game is $5 on Steam and Xbox Live Arcade, and totally worth the price; it's a phenomenal little game that puts together Mega Man-style platform shooting and sh'muppy bullet hell-like difficulties, and makes it crazy fun with the bullet time and air dashing mechanics. I've had so many cool moments with it.

Even the main character Wryn is an adorable li'l action heroine.

I would highly recommend it if you like shooters, platformers, sh'mups, bullet hells, or all of the above. It's forgiving, but challenging where it counts.

Sorry to gush, I just think this is a game that needs more recognition :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Looks pretty sweet and I love the Metroidvania genre. I'll try to check this out as soon as I can. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's a little more classic Castlevania than the new Metrovania style, though. It's level-based, and you by your new weapons and health and time upgrades with points you earn. I'd probably ruin my pants if it had that kind of open exploration (Oh God it'd be that much more awesome!).

Once you beat the game it also has a challenge mode to fight bosses over again, and you can have multiple versions at once. There's also an arcade mode where you try to beat the game with one life. And there's three other unlockable characters that have different play mechanics.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It doesn't try to be anything more than just an entertaining little game, and it has enough extra stuff to make you come back to replay if you really like it.

It does a good job of making you wish there was more to it, which is what lots of games should do.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Like Vanquish? How come?

The sorta fast-paced gunplay, or somethin' else?

EDIT: Not denying your thoughts or anything, just legitimately curious what you mean.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Wow its like if Metal slug and Castlevania had a baby together !

I'd say maybe more Metal Slug and Max Payne :3

Really I'm thinking of Contra (as well as Castlevania) due to the more over the top nature although Metal Slug is over the top too but nothing can beat fighting a boss in the sky as you shoot a series of giant missiles at it but ride same said missiles that the boss outruns in the sky.......man I want a new Contra game so bad:(....especially a 3D one.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
man I want a new Contra game so bad:(....especially a 3D one.

Hard Corps Uprising is probably the most recent one I remember. Had a lot of play modes and characters, and was pretty damn fun.

What makes everyone think of Castlevania, though?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hard Corps Uprising is probably the most recent one I remember. Had a lot of play modes and characters, and was pretty damn fun.

What makes everyone think of Castlevania, though?

I guess the stronger emphasis on platforming similar to Castlevania and the dark sometimes gothic designs of certain stages.

Oh yeah I played Hard Corps but I never thought that was a Contra game. I knew it was like it but I guess the style didn't remind me of Contra. Contra was basically Rambo meets Aliens. Hard Corps.......was well.....not Rambo meets Aliens and felt like a more anime styled Contra.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, Hard Corps Uprising is straight up Contra. It was a...sequel/revival/something of the Contra: Hard Corps game. Then they got Ishiwatari from Guilty Gear and BlazBlue to do the music. Suuuuper rad :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Ok......now I wonder why they titled the game "Bleed" it seems sort of unfitting for a game of such a high octane, fast paced, explosive nature to me that is.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's a myster to me as well. Looking at the Bootdisk's concept and development of the game, I think Bleed was a holdover from its older incarnation, where you played as a psycho guy, and the game had a much darker and slightly gorier tone.

Now, we've got the bubbly Wryn with her pink hair and li'l yellow scarf zipping through the air blowin' dudes away.

It's sorta like how the title "Stranglehold" has next to nothing to do with the game itself and Tequila's adventure, and is only mentioned once in a throwaway sentence about "your stranglehold on Hong Kong ends tonight!"

Top Bottom