• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BioWare clarifies Mass Effect 2 PS3 details

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Jesse Houston, producer for Mass Effect 2 on PlayStation 3, has responded to the recent German translation of details related to the upcoming game.

Houston’s confirmed the following:

* There will be an interactive comic, drawn by Dark Horse Comics, that will tell the story of the first Mass Effect. It will “create a stunning visual experience that not only tells the core story elements of Mass Effect 1, but also is fully interactive allowing you to be faced with some of the major choices” that “will have consequences” in your Mass Effect 2 save file.
* The downloadable content, which is readily available to purchase for Xbox 360 and PC owners via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace or BioWare.com, will come on the blu-ray disc for the PlayStation 3 version. This includes: Lair of the Shadow Broker, Project Overlord, Kasumi: Stolen Memory and the ‘Blood Dragon Armor’.
* A unique pass code to the Cerberus Network, which was included with the Xbox 360 and PC versions of Mass Effect 2, will also be included in the PlayStation 3 version.
* PlayStation 3 will receive some DLC bundles, such as the ‘Aegis Pack’, as well as “both free and paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the ‘Recon Operations Pack’”. According to Houston, “all of this content is or was available to Xbox/3PC owners but otherwise wouldn’t be available to PS3 owners.” They’ve expressed a great deal of emotion in creating “parity not disparity between the [PS3, 360 and PC] versions.”

Finally, here’s where the error in translation comes in. The PlayStation 3 version will not receive an exclusive six-hour mission as the rumor previously suggested. The communication error here was the description of the content included exclusively on disc such as Kasumi, Shadow Broker, the interactive comic, etc. which totals in at about six hours.

To close it all off, Houston’s said that Mass Effect 2 for PlayStation 3 is in its “final polishing phase now” and that “the game is looking fantastic.”

PS3 Exclusive Content Clarification [BioWare]

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/11/bioware-clarifies-mass-effect-2-ps3-details

Original Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/5188310&lf=8

Looks fantastic. I might get this to add in my PS3 collection. :D I wish the Xbox 360 version have all those add on stuffs if possible, because I love my Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2.

aka958

Don't trust people
But doesn't it? I just thought they said that all of those add ons is or has been available for the Xbox360/PC versions. :huh:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
aka958;287885 said:
But doesn't it? I just thought they said that all of those add ons is or has been available for the Xbox360/PC versions. :huh:

Those are DLC, and I hoped that they have included them with the game itself. Buying DLCs here is not cheap here.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;287898 said:
Those are DLC, and I hoped that they have included them with the game itself. Buying DLCs here is not cheap here.

They will with the Game Of Year Edition.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;287925 said:
Really!?:O When is the release of it?

Hasnt been said yet but it was voted the ultimate game of the year at the Golden Joystick Awards so expect an announcement soon.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;288074 said:
Hasnt been said yet but it was voted the ultimate game of the year at the Golden Joystick Awards so expect an announcement soon.

That's great. :D Hopefully, the Game of the Year edition will come out soon. :D

Have you played the new DLC missions? Are they good?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;288076 said:
That's great. :D Hopefully, the Game of the Year edition will come out soon. :D

Have you played the new DLC missions? Are they good?

Only one of them but that was good. The best was apparently Lair Of The Shadow Broker but i havent tried that one.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;288134 said:
Only one of them but that was good. The best was apparently Lair Of The Shadow Broker but i havent tried that one.

I see. What is the DLC that you played, and is it relevant to the game's storyline? I am pretty sure Lair of the Shadow Broker is heavily tied to the game's story, but not the other DLCs.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;288182 said:
I see. What is the DLC that you played, and is it relevant to the game's storyline? I am pretty sure Lair of the Shadow Broker is heavily tied to the game's story, but not the other DLCs.

Yeah thats right it is, ive only played the Kasumi - Stolen Memory one & the bonus one with Zaeed which wasnt exactly DLC as it was free in the Cerberus Network.

Top Bottom