• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BioShock Infinite Review (PS3)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I feel that this game's story is very well-told and well-scripted. It is hard not to feel bad about things happening in the game, especially when you are playing the last chapter. The game's plot twists can be a bit confusing, especially if you have not watch much time-travel movies like Back to the Future movies or time-travel games.

In many ways, the ending is left to the player's interpretation. It can be either bad or good. However, I believe that the game has happy ending.

There are not much games that have good storylines this year. I predict that The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls may have radical and mindblowing stories that can compete BioShock Infinite's story, but I will reserve my judgement until I play both games when they are released.

Did you feel like the game "spoon fed" you the details in the last 20 minutes or no? Vigors weren't explained at all, unless I missed something. The game and story is extremely good no doubt about it.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Did you feel like the game "spoon fed" you the details in the last 20 minutes or no? Vigors weren't explained at all, unless I missed something. The game and story is extremely good no doubt about it.

No. Like Metal Gear games, I like how the relevant plot revelations revealed to players like that while playing the game.

Not necessarily important or relevant to the main plot, but Vigors are developed by Jeremiah Fink. it can be assumed that he is able to develop Vigors by using the Tear.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
No. Like Metal Gear games, I like how the relevant plot revelations revealed to players like that while playing the game.

Not necessarily important or relevant to the main plot, but Vigors are developed by Jeremiah Fink. it can be assumed that he is able to develop Vigors by using the Tear.
You're right. It's hinted in a voxophone that Fink saw the vigors in a tear. Maybe rapture? It's also where he got the idea for Songbird. And Fink's brother made his songs by seeing them in tears as well.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

Makes sense he invented almost everything so it works. Perhaps its explained in a Voxphone thingy, maybe. I felt like that last 20 mintues of the game gave you the story ina "mouthful" wheres the rest of the game it handed you the info here and there. Going into BI I had no idea it would turn into a multy world plot it came as surprise to me. I thought it was going for a religious story which is what caught my interest. Smart way to call oneself a Prophet thou.
I never figured out why Bookers nose kept bleeding thou. Was that a side effect of him busting open Comstock's head?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Makes sense he invented almost everything so it works. Perhaps its explained in a Voxphone thingy, maybe. I felt like that last 20 mintues of the game gave you the story ina "mouthful" wheres the rest of the game it handed you the info here and there. Going into BI I had no idea it would turn into a multy world plot it came as surprise to me. I thought it was going for a religious story which is what caught my interest. Smart way to call oneself a Prophet thou.
I never figured out why Bookers nose kept bleeding thou. Was that a side effect of him busting open Comstock's head?
The bleeding is to do with dying and memory. I'm not sure how to explain, but I'll do my best.

Like when the guards die in one world, but when Elizabeth crosses into the new world through the tear,the guards are still alive. However they still remember being killed. Their mind's can't cope with this information and the body reacts by bleeding under the pressure of trying to keep 2 lots of memory. (1 memory of dying and 1 memory of events in the new world)

Booker bleeds because his mind can't cope with new memories each time he crosses tears. Also, Booker has attempted the events of Bioshock before, but died.

It all goes back to what Lutece says about the subject struggling to make memories when they are dragged into a new world where they never existed. The subject reacts by bleeding.

Someone help me out explaining!:p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

I doubt it, since the nosebleeds happen a few times throughout the game. Without spoiling anyone, it is possibly related to his own memories.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Got to say, I agree that the end of the game was like a big info dump.^_^
What did you think of the ending?

I was confused lol. I understood that Liz was Booker's kid Anna and that Comstock was Booker and vice versea but seeing Booker die at the end was harsh. He goes through all that just to die? Bummer. Than the post credits scene made think "OMG it never happened because Anna may be in her crib!" I went to a website explaining BI and I was like "OH! it all makes sense! But was Anna in her crib?! DAMN THAT DEBT!!"
Than I got over it lol.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I was confused lol. I understood that Liz was Booker's kid Anna and that Comstock was Booker and vice versea but seeing Booker die at the end was harsh. He goes through all that just to die? Bummer. Than the post credits scene made think "OMG it never happened because Anna may be in her crib!" I went to a website explaining BI and I was like "OH! it all makes sense! But was Anna in her crib?! DAMN THAT DEBT!!"
Than I got over it lol.
I think what got me was the scene after the credits. So now I am wondering many things.
Is she in the crib for sure?
Has Booker gone back to a point in time where he never gave her away?
Is this a different Booker at a point where he didn't sell Anna?
Or is this a universe where he did sell her?
Or is Booker doomed to repeat the events forever?

Also, as the Booker we know has been drowned, does that mean 'our' Elizabeth is also dead? At least in that universe?

Maybe the game is meant to be left up to the interpretation of the individual?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think what got me was the scene after the credits. So now I am wondering many things.
Is she in the crib for sure?
Has Booker gone back to a point in time where he never gave her away?
Is this a different Booker at a point where he didn't sell Anna?
Or is this a universe where he did sell her?
Or is Booker doomed to repeat the events forever?

Also, as the Booker we know has been drowned, does that mean 'our' Elizabeth is also dead? At least in that universe?

Maybe the game is meant to be left up to the interpretation of the individual?

I bet the BI creators made the game like that cuz they don't know how to end the game lol.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I bet the BI creators made the game like that cuz they don't know how to end the game lol.
All I know is that the end credits scene sure got me confused:p

I wonder if Ken Levine has now trapped himself in infinite production of Bioshock games? They could carry on making more, especially as the ending of Infinite was like a checklist of what makes a Bioshock game.:lol:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
All I know is that the end credits scene sure got me confused:p

I wonder if Ken Levine has now trapped himself in infinite production of Bioshock games? They could carry on making more, especially as the ending of Infinite was like a checklist of what makes a Bioshock game.:lol:

As long as Bioshock doesn't become a AC monster I'd be ok with it. Than again I only looked into BI because of Song Bird and CR's review lol.

Top Bottom