• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bioshock Infinite delayed until Feb 2013

Dark Drakan

Admin
bsi.jpg
2K Games have today announced that they have delayed their highly anticipated new Bioshock title from October 2012 to Feb 26th 2013. Irrational Games creative director Ken Levine had the following to say about the move:

When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing. Since then, we've uncovered opportunities to make Infinite into something even more extraordinary. Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need, we've decided to move the game's release to February 26, 2013. We wanted to let our loyal (and very patient!) fans know this as soon as possible.
I won't kid you: BioShock Infinite is a very big game, and we're doing things that no one has ever done in a first-person shooter. We had a similar experience with the original BioShock, which was delayed several months as our original ship date drew near. Why? Because the Big Daddies weren't the Big Daddies you've since come to know and love. Because Andrew Ryan's golf club didn't have exactly the right swing. Because Rapture needed one more coat of grimy Art Deco. The same principle now applies to BioShock Infinite.
What does this mean for you? It means a bit more waiting, but more importantly, it means an even better BioShock Infinite. The great can be made greater, and we owe it to both ourselves and to you, our fans, to take this opportunity.
We are also going to hold off on showing BioShock Infinite at the big events of the summer, like E3 and Gamescom. That way, the next time you see our game, it will be essentially the product we intend to put in the box. Preparing for these events takes time away from development, time we're going to use instead to get the best version of Infinite into your hands in February.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well the 360 has been out 7 years and the PS3 6 years and Sony said they had a 10 year plan for the PS3 and it seems to finally be starting to get more sales now and closer to the sales margins they anticipated. So might be smart for both companies to get couple more years out of the consoles and close to that 10 year mark before rushing out another console. I know Microsoft are deep into development of the next console but if Sony stick to their 10 year plan Microsoft wont be in a rush to push a new console out the door too early.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I hope so because i think the PS3 still has so much potential.
The rumors i've seen & things i've read, microsoft is eager to launch the 720 in christmas 2013 or 2014, but it's all here say & rumors.

360 has shown it still has plenty of life too and has compete on a hardware level still and playing games that run on top end PC's (The Witcher 2) on its aging hardware. So hopefully they dont merely cast it aside as developers are still saying there is more they can get out of it. Might not be THAT much more but theres more there with games like Bioshock Infinite etc.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I agree i think both has plenty of potential left, but i wouldn't be surprised if 2K coughs up the BioShock infiniti is to powerful for current systems so we need hardware like orbis or 720 to fully show what it can do excuse.

Well its already been seen running on 360 at press events and ive seen some insider videos on some sites and it looked great. Ken Levine has repeatedly said he has no desire to see any new consoles out and the current consoles have plenty of 'juice' left. Also he came out early to tell fans about this and merely wants it to be as good as they envisioned which I respect. Rockstar did the same with Max Payne 3 when they moved its release date to add more polish.

Dark Drakan

Admin
That's good or was he saying that because he didn't have access to the next systems yet.

Quote is from November last year so he isnt likely to be thinking much different now as they were obviously working on Bioshock Infinite then too and didnt see need for new hardware.

Top Bottom