• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Beyond Good & Evil 2 NX-clusive?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Not a good attempt at a catchy title, but this is still worth reading about...

http://www.gamesradar.com/beyond-good-evil-2-nx-exclusive-rumor/

------------

Ubisoft first announced its plans for Beyond Good & Evil 2 back in 2008, and since then it's delivered a single CGI trailer and some leaked gameplay footage, all while maintaining that it still intends to make the game… some day.

------------

unimportant note: it helps to pronounce "nx-clusive" like "nixclusive" lol.

Triggerpigking

Depends on if they are actually funding it or not, given third parties nowadays pretty much nothing they put out stays exclusive aside from some of the smaller studio games.

Heard about them NX specs before, I think it's pretty much confirmed that it's a hybrid console(or atleast has some handheld and console like functionality) which if nintendo plans to merge all their efforts into one system is a fantastic idea and i'd think they could probably keep the console alive by themselves in that case(though third party support would still be important).

berto

I Saw the Devil
I. DON'T. CARE!!! JUST GIVE ME THE F#$&*NG GAMEEEE!!!

If the NX has backwards compatibility I might buy it... I might have to wait till the price is within my budget but all that matters is that BG&E2 exists. If the possibility of me getting to play it someday is a matter of fact and not talk I don't care what the platform it's in is JUST RELEASE IT, God DAMN YOU!!!! I've been waiting since 2005. Even FFXV is coming out this year, just make it happen already!

That reminds me, BG&E2 was announced on the Sony E3 panel, wasn't it? Kinda false advertisement for Sony not to make the effort to keep it in their platforms, too. Whatever, just announce it and make it happen, don't care what platform it's in as long as it's a reality. I'll figure out how to get my hands on it later.

Triggerpigking

It was announced 8 years ago, I remember seeing the trailer for it alongside fallout 3 I think XD.

From what i've been told, changing the hardware too much from what nintendo's been using would prevent backwards compatibility(or atleast make it more difficult).
I personally think nintendo has to change their hardware a lot, not so much in power(though yes that is important) but it needs to be more easier for third parties to develop for, if i have to choose between that and backwards compatibility then I think 3rd party support is far more important.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, the rumor is that you can connect two or more NX's together to create a more powerful system so... instead of relying on the cloud (like Crackdown on X1) to make your system more powerful, Nintendo might (not confirmed) make it so that you can create the ultimate gaming experience at home.

------------

There are also rumors that MS and Sony are launching new models of their respective consoles that might be upgradeable. Those rumors, as far-fetched as they are, aren't as unbelievable as most people consider them to be.

------------

Edit:

Here's where I heard the original NX rumor:

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Of course its a bad idea.

However, my curiosity's superseding my disdain for what this might bring.

The reason why a lot of people out there don't upgrade their pc is because it's... well, even for simple parts, it's kind of complex. I for example, don't even wanna look up how to do it out of sheer laziness.

But if all you had to do was buy an extra console and hook it up to your current one... well, I can't help but wonder what would happen.

-----------

I mean, we both know what would happen (PC master race elitism), but I'm just throwing my thoughts out there.

In any case, I went out of my way to get an expansion pak for an N64, so I imagine this wouldn't be too different -- except more expensive.

But yes. Totally agree. Bad idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom