• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best DMC4 Controller

Nessy

So, I am a relatively decent (and relatively new to the series) DMC player, and have only played DMC4, and have only played it on the PC. I really can't get that good with Dante because the D-Pad is pretty awful (in my opinion) for switching styles. You have to be as careful as someone playing operation, which is difficult when you are doing it in the middle of a relatively fast paced game.

Since I'm not at all a console gamer, and usually play fps on the pc with a kb/m, I've never had the need for a decent controller. I have recently started playing DMC4 again and have bought a MadCatz controller, which has a better D-Pad. Haven't yet really had the opportunity to try it and was just wondering...

Are there any really good controllers (preferably 360 compatible) that would be good for DMC, or any other hack n slashes.

On another note, are there any other good hack n slashes for the PC? I can't really find any that are within the last decade except onimusha, which is way slower and i've already finished anyhoo.

TL;DR best controller, best PC hack n slashes...GO

Dante47

You can use some cool PC controllers you can buy off the internet. I would use a PS3 controller which is compatible if done correctly.

LeJuice

Get the Windows version of the Xbox 360 controller, it comes with a little signal emitter and it's wireless (wired edition also available for a bit less money). I've been using this Windows 360 Controller by Microsoft for like 2 years and it has never disappointed me in any game because it's easily recognized and the correct buttons get assigned. I'm currently playing a DmC 4 rip on the PC. The Controller is furthermore 100 % compatible with my Xbox 360 :) Though at the moment I'm using the original xbox 360 controller that actually came with the xbox for devil may cry on PC :D
Confusing, eh?

Anyway, this is it:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...KWKQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332379274&sr=8-1

Atm my PC is just very handy, I'll plug in my 360 as soon as my pre-ordered DmC 1-3 HD arrives on the 3rd-5th of April.
Oh and btw, I'm an oldschool shooter player,.. Quake, RtCW, 1.5/1.6 etc.
The Xbox Controller, I don't know how to put this..you get used to it very quicky,
definitely a big recommendation! Been playing some MW3 on console and got epic movement/aim already, the controller just feels like if you were playing on a PC, it's a bit hard to explain but I guess you'll understand anyway.

Nessy

Sounds like a handy controller, I mostly was looking for a controller that would allow me to improve at style switching with Dante, since the 360 controller's d-pad is disgustingly bad. Was looking at the razer controller since it's d-pad looks a bit different, but it's really expensive so we'll see.

Funny you say that about oldschool shooters. I played cs from back when flashbangs had shrapnel (beta). Played an amateur quake 3 tourny at the iseries as well a few years back, came 3rd. Big UT and quake fan. Of course I'm a kb/m user first and foremost.

Top Bottom