• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Being wrong

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I thought I would stay a Nintendo-exclusive gamer for life, and would never give another console the light of day---on the basis that there were no games that could interest me on other consoles.

Then, an encounter with with a certain Capcom game at a friend's house and the impulsive decision to purchase a PS2 a week later served as a surreal moment of being proven wrong...

...and the rest is history.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Okay, so this is what I've got so far:

Getting back in touch with an old high school friend (this started two years ago). I thought it would be fine, what could possibly go wrong, he's a good person, blah, blah, blah...

Bull-effing-sh*t. He's a psychological vampire, who constantly plays the martyr, feels sorry for himself, and apparently, felt entitlement to me, just because "once upon a time, there were feelings there for us both".

Enter the clusterf*ck that has finally started to calm down (though I doubt I've seen the last of the hell he's capable of creating).

...I wish I'd never gotten back in touch with him; if I'd known the kind of person he'd become (he really was alright back then) then I never would have sent that friend request, or hung out with him as often as I did....or lost sleep over him, when he'd text at ungodly hours...

Yeah, I put myself in a right mess, I did (there's too much to go into for it; suffice it to say, I'm a damned idiot).

Exejpgwmv

Okay, so this is what I've got so far:

Getting back in touch with an old high school friend (this started two years ago). I thought it would be fine, what could possibly go wrong, he's a good person, blah, blah, blah...

Bull-effing-sh*t. He's a psychological vampire, who constantly plays the martyr, feels sorry for himself, and apparently, felt entitlement to me, just because "once upon a time, there were feelings there for us both".

Enter the clusterf*ck that has finally started to calm down (though I doubt I've seen the last of the hell he's capable of creating).

...I wish I'd never gotten back in touch with him; if I'd known the kind of person he'd become (he really was alright back then) then I never would have sent that friend request, or hung out with him as often as I did....or lost sleep over him, when he'd text at ungodly hours...

Yeah, I put myself in a right mess, I did (there's too much to go into for it; suffice it to say, I'm a damned idiot).
Ah, the classic, "Old friend turned douchebag", story.
Happens more often then you might think.

suffice it to say, I'm a damned idiot
Aw com'n, I dislike victim blaming the most when the victim is the one doing it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Ah, the classic, "Old friend turned douchebag", story.
Happens more often then you might think.

Of that, I have no doubt. Lol, I'm given to wonder how many of the other people that know him regret it, as I do.

Aw com'n, I dislike victim blaming the most when the victim is the one doing it.

Ah, but you see, I don't view myself as a victim; to do so would be to relinquish the power I do have over my part in the situation. Him being a douche is one thing--me ignoring the signs, and allowing myself to get sucked into his vortex of B.S. which in turn adversely affected my home life is another.

Fortunately, I haven't heard from him in about two months. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to cut his cancerous ass out of my life entirely, without there being some sort of ramification--he's a very spiteful person. >.<

On the plus side, I view this as an important life experience, and one I've learned well from. ^^ So, yay for silver linings!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um.....let's see...well...yes I was wrong to fight with my heart and soul to defend a past friend's reputation within a Christian community. Turns out I'm the only idiot who didn't see the truth for what it was.

I'll also just own up to the fact that I was wrong in asuming the beautiful girl, whom always was and probably still is able to melt my hubby into an awestruck-puddle-of-stutters-and-shyness, was playing him. She wasn't. She's a genuine sweetheart. We'd have been good friends if it weren't for that nightmarish scene in their lounge.like. I want to curl into a ball and die from epic embarrassment and heartache at the memory.

And my mum probably does actually love me. I'm not wanted, but I'm loved. If that makes sense. It's just a little bit, but I guess a little is better than none.

Lol I dunno man. I'm not Catholic so confessing all the times I've been in the wrong when I thought I was right is foreign to me. If someone can prove me wrong, I'm fairly good at owning up to my mistake. Which tends to happen a truck load often, which in turn is terribly depressing and infuriating, but I'd rather have it out than be like those people who try put the blame for their error on someone or something else. Right?

Exejpgwmv

Um.....let's see...well...yes I was wrong to fight with my heart and soul to defend a past friend's reputation within a Christian community. Turns out I'm the only idiot who didn't see the truth for what it was.
You sound llike a good friend. I'm mean apparently you were wrong, but being able to stick up for someone despite being in the minority isn't a quality I see in a lot of people.

but I'd rather have it out than be like those people who try put the blame for their error on someone or something else. Right?
Oh god yes.
I hate those kind of people.
Never willing but able to take responsibility for their actions.

Exejpgwmv

I guess I should post my own too:
For some reason a had thoroughly deluded myself into thinking that my mom would hate me if she found out I was not a Christian.
And I had kept that fact a secret from her for two years, two years of complete awkwardness when she would start preaching.

But, on my 17th birthday, when I finally manned up and told her, I was pleasantly surprised that she didn't resent me for it.:happy:

Top Bottom