• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Before the nightmare

Luciax

When Dante and Lucia met, Martier said to him to have one night with Lucia for a good memory. But he said "my bad, I have my reasons". But in his youthful days he might have many women, so why he hadn't a "nice time" with her? I mean he could say the same to the other women. I know it's a unnecessary question but I want to know your thoughts and opinion :)

Anton Clemens

He pretends to be a playa but we never saw him in any kind of relationship, also he doesn't have friends. I guess he never gets too close to anyone.

Ravenash77

What’s funny though is back during another game he said “Give my regards to my son.” Pretty sure to Mundas... what changed?

berto

I Saw the Devil
When Dante and Lucia met, Martier said to him to have one night with Lucia for a good memory. But he said "my bad, I have my reasons". But in his youthful days he might have many women, so why he hadn't a "nice time" with her? I mean he could say the same to the other women. I know it's a unnecessary question but I want to know your thoughts and opinion :)
Except that that's not how it went down. First Dante doesn't remember Matier's name, nor the Argosax, which makes him come off as a moron. Yeah, they have the excuse that he only cares about one demon name but I'm sure this Dante remembers every flavor of pizza he's ordered and what's the excuse for not remembering Matier's? Then the way he treated Lucia when he got back was just cold and d'baggy. The whole thing came off as more like Dante just having an attitude of 'I don't wanna' much more than 'I can't because I have reasons.' I get the notion that he acts almost like he finds her gross or attractive.

Dante has become completely charmless and even unlikable. I really don't like what they turned him into and all the excuses in the world, all the 'ah, well, you see, there is a reason for that' won't make a difference, he still acts like a dismissive a'hole. If you had described to me the sequence of events from this novel 10 years ago I would've thought it a fanfic from someone with a low opinion of Dante.

Ravenash77

Except that that's not how it went down. First Dante doesn't remember Matier's name, nor the Argosax, which makes him come off as a moron. Yeah, they have the excuse that he only cares about one demon name but I'm sure this Dante remembers every flavor of pizza he's ordered and what's the excuse for not remembering Matier's? Then the way he treated Lucia when he got back was just cold and d'baggy. The whole thing came off as more like Dante just having an attitude of 'I don't wanna' much more than 'I can't because I have reasons.' I get the notion that he acts almost like he finds her gross or attractive.

Dante has become completely charmless and even unlikable. I really don't like what they turned him into and all the excuses in the world, all the 'ah, well, you see, there is a reason for that' won't make a difference, he still acts like a dismissive a'hole. If you had described to me the sequence of events from this novel 10 years ago I would've thought it a fanfic from someone with a low opinion of Dante.
I think they were trying to play up his “devil may care” attitude. But there is a fine line that they balanced on without falling too deep into the dickhead side

Luciax

It would be nice if he had impregnated someone like Vergil and after Years he meets his son :D The voice actor of Vergil changed his Sentence from "you're not the only one who had fun" to "it was a long time ago" when Dante said Nero is his son. So it could be mean Dante also had sex in his days. And someone in another forum mentioned that Morrison said he had girlfriends (in the anime) but I couldnt find the episode. But he said something like "you're too harsh with machines and women"

Ravenash77

It would be nice if he had impregnated someone like Vergil and after Years he meets his son :D The voice actor of Vergil changed his Sentence from "you're not the only one who had fun" to "it was a long time ago" when Dante said Nero is his son. So it could be mean Dante also had sex in his days. And someone in another forum mentioned that Morrison said he had girlfriends (in the anime) but I couldnt find the episode. But he said something like "you're too harsh with machines and women"
We are talking about that on The Daughter for Dante page. You should join us!

Top Bottom