• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta 3

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zy4BmOGfYG0/hqdefault.jpg

How would you picture Bayonetta 3?

Cause if there was a new character, I can see him/her doing Balder's "Wolf Within" technique.

Bayonetta is the "Dante/Solid Snake" & Jeanne is the "Vergil/Liquid Snake". Do we need a "Nero/Raiden" in the next game?

Like say someone who has young Balder's powers & moves?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't know... Bayonetta isn't like DMC. She's her own beast and she shouldn't try to follow in DMC's steps. She needs to go her way but it does seem logical that a young Lumen sage should walk into the picture since we now know that they were having their strings pulled and weren't that big a douchebag. The balance needs to restored since now only one eye remains and the other eye.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I don't know... Bayonetta isn't like DMC. She's her own beast and she shouldn't try to follow in DMC's steps. She needs to go her way but it does seem logical that a young Lumen sage should walk into the picture since we now know that they were having their strings pulled and weren't that big a douchebag. The balance needs to restored since now only one eye remains and the other eye.

I would like to see a new protagonist be a lumen sage. Someone to help Bayonetta/Cereza.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I would like to see a new protagonist be a lumen sage. Someone to help Bayonetta/Cereza.
Well, the issue with that is that the game is called Bayonetta. A new protagonist is almost definitely out of the question.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well, the issue with that is that the game is called Bayonetta. A new protagonist is almost definitely out of the question.

Okay a new playable character but Bayonetta still the protagonist? Someone to join her and Jeanne.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
All TVtropes's WMG page has it should take place in Pompeii and the tagalong character is probably a teenager or young adult (19-25)

the choices would be her or Jeanne's actual kid, an older Loki, i guess a young lumen sage, a rookie hunter with no connections, an older Ed/Edna (Enzo's kids).

Other than that I got nothing. I didn't play Bayonetta 2 and I'm not really sure there are other stories you could tell that wouldnt feel like a rethread of the past two.

But if anyone thinks there are, I'm curious as to what they could be.

I'm curious to see how Bayonetta would be recieved if she was written by a women, so there are a few good comic book writers that I wouldnt mind taking a crack at a Bayonetta comic.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Bayonetta's plot is really dumb, so I can't say I give a sh!t about where they take it. But's I'd be down for just another fun Bayonetta game to play. She's in Nintendo's hands now because they actually gave her a future. So why not capitalize on the potential?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Will Bayonetta return to PS & XBOX?
That's dependant on the politics of the game. If nintendo finances again it'll provably be an NX exclusive. Since Sony and Microsoft don't seem to care enough that might mean they'll go nintendo again.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I have few big problems with gameplay and design of Bayo2, so I hope they improve change them, since they really ruined second game for me. I dunno wether its because nintendo had their hand in it or not but here's what I think should be changed.
1) no floating combat. Its worst part of Bayo2 to the extent it almost ruined game for me. Basically every third boss in game was about falling/swimming/flying in the air where you could only dodge and mash attacks. I don't really want any on rail combat in Bayo no matter how pretty it is
2) more organic design of enemies. Bayo2 made all enemies looking like silly robots especially demons. I think enemy design in first one was much better.
3) ton down the colours. With giant limbs coming from the air, we don't need any more material that detracts from gameplay. They seriously overdid it with colours.
4) no repeating bosses. While first game also had those, in second it felt like yo need to fight each mid boss at least 5-6 times and it got annoying. It also didnt helped that many of those were just bigger enemies.
As far as the story goes, would be cool if they finish Eyes of the World arc and come up with something new. There is no point to hold on same storyline, when you capitalise on new ideas.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Would like a new story where there is a new enemy. A new Lumen Sage can join Bayonetta against it.

I'm sorry that Masked Lumen had the best moves, so a new Lumen Sage can join her to fight it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I guess what else could do they with the eyes of the world arc if they decide to continue it.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If there was a new Lumen Sage playable to join Bayonetta, how do you picture it? Cause I love the Wolf morph.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
You can't do anything with the Eyes of the World anymore... They're gone, Loki erased them.

Really? That's disappointing.

Hope the Lumen Sages are still around. Maybe there can be a new one who can be playable to join Bayonetta.

And what kind of new story should Bayonetta 3 go for next?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Really? That's disappointing.

Hope the Lumen Sages are still around. Maybe there can be a new one who can be playable to join Bayonetta.

And what kind of new story should Bayonetta 3 go for next?

It had to be done. Otherwise Aesir, the final boss, would be invincible. Erasing the Eyes of the World erased his power.

There could always be one or two Lumen Sages in hiding. You never know.

And I disagree about 2's enemy design being bad: I loved 2's enemies.

As for Bayonetta 3's story? I have no idea. Another excuse to go to a beautiful set of locales is enough for me.

Top Bottom