• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Banned Mormon Cartoon

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Apparently the Mappin bloke got hold of it back in 2000, according to a newspaper article, so he would have been in charge when Jessica went in 2005...she looked at the site this morning before school and was pointing out the bedroom she stayed in and other stuff but some of it she reckons has changed since she went. I asked about whether she recognised the "artist" or any of his "pictures" and she said none of that stuff or the guy himself were there when she went. Don't think I'll mention it to her grandmother though - she'll have a heart attack...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Maybe he hadn't brought Ted to live there at that point and perhaps back then it still looked the way the previous owners had left it. It's odd to think they would rip all the toilets out and replace them with portaloos... I wonder why. Otherwise it appears they have just let it slide into a decrepit state. I heard it's a listed building, so while they can't make big alterations to it, they also shouldn't be letting it fall apart.

Another thing I wonder at is that there's a cottage in the hill just below it that's derelict. They don't own it, but it's been derelict for ages. I've heard Kate Winslet owns it. Maybe she got wind of Ted and his Light Box and decided to get as far away as possible. XD

V

Oldschool DMC fan
XDDD

Sounds about right. I think they put anti pharmaceutical stuff in people's letterboxes, we might have had one, I can't remember, but they bother to spam people about anti-depressants and stuff like that. Claiming children are being harmed by it. Scientologists apparently believe modern medical drugs are all harmful, so... yeah, that fits. Haven't seen any pharmaceutical corporations stirring up hate against them in this little village though, LOL. Maybe they're just off their rockers in addition to being Scientologists.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
XDDD

Sounds about right. I think they put anti pharmaceutical stuff in people's letterboxes, we might have had one, I can't remember, but they bother to spam people about anti-depressants and stuff like that. Claiming children are being harmed by it. Scientologists apparently believe modern medical drugs are all harmful, so... yeah, that fits. Haven't seen any pharmaceutical corporations stirring up hate against them in this little village though, LOL. Maybe they're just off their rockers in addition to being Scientologists.

Out of curiosity, have you ever had any personal dealings with the hotel owners or its employees Lexy?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
No, not personally. I am not sure I've even ever seen them myself, they don't mix with the locals...

It's possible I saw them when they set up their gallery in the village (which has changed into a different shop now) but at that time, I did not really know what either of them looked like. Only this year I know, since I read/heard about all the goings on at the hotel and saw them posing in lots of photos online. I'd recognize them now if I passed them in the street.

The hotel itself I often go right up to, sometimes walk right through its grounds, because it stands on the cliff and anyone can walk about on the cliffs. When I first moved here, my bf suggested we check out the hotel coffee - I'm glad we didn't. >_> Even so, I've still never seen them.

The closest I've come to being anywhere near the Mappins is seeing their flash car parked up in the grounds of the hotel when I pass it. If they do come and go from the place in it, it must be in the dead of night or something, because I never see them driving it.

My bf has met some of their staff... he used to work in a local store, and he's served some of the (Polish?) cooks they employ. He says they don't say much, they buy cans of beer and go back to the hotel. They don't go into any of the local pubs or talk to the locals. His boss in the store told him that they are always like that. He also heard that the cook guys have been there a few years, but that other staff have been treated 'pretty badly' by the hotel.

Top Bottom