• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Banished

Dark Drakan

Admin
x08.jpg

Recently came across a new indie title called Banished which has just been released and has been developed by a one man studio Luke Hodorowicz (Shining Rock Software). The aim of the game is to grow and maintain a settlement of outcasts into a thriving community. They are born, grow older, work, have children of their own and eventually die. Keeping them healthy, happy and well-fed are essential to making your town grow.

Gameplay

The townspeople of Banished are your primary resource. They are born, grow older, work, have children of their own, and eventually die. Keeping them healthy, happy, and well-fed are essential to making your town grow. Building new homes is not enough—there must be enough people to move in and have families of their own.

Banished has no skill trees. Any structure can be built at any time, provided that your people have collected the resources to do so. There is no money. Instead, your hard-earned resources can be bartered away with the arrival of trade vessels. These merchants are the key to adding livestock and annual crops to the townspeople’s diet; however, their lengthy trade route comes with the risk of bringing illnesses from abroad.

There are twenty different occupations that the people in the city can perform from farming, hunting, and blacksmithing, to mining, teaching, and healing. No single strategy will succeed for every town. Some resources may be more scarce from one map to the next. The player can choose to replant forests, mine for iron, and quarry for rock, but all these choices require setting aside space into which you cannot expand.

The success or failure of a town depends on the appropriate management of risks and resources.

Has anyone been playing this yet? Has a Settlers vibe to me without the combat aspect.​

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Now, if only I had an anthropomorphic creature to use a my "divine will" and wreak havoc on my outcasts. Suffer, my cosmic playthings! You shall all know why you are outcasts! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Bovine fist, mo-BLEEP!!!
blackwhite2cow.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Now, if only I had an anthropomorphic creature to use a my "divine will" and wreak havoc on my outcasts. Suffer, my cosmic playthings! You shall all know why you are outcasts! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Bovine fist, mo-BLEEP!!!

Modding is being supported and encouraged so its possible. :laugh:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
It's been a while since i have played games like this. I can't remember between the two, but it's either Jurassic Park Operation Genesis or Command and Conquer. I hope you can also build a military in this game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
It's been a while since i have played games like this. I can't remember between the two, but it's either Jurassic Park Operation Genesis or Command and Conquer. I hope you can also build a military in this game.

As it stands at the moment its a survival game only (elements/natural disasters, disease, starvation, old age and resource management etc) and no military but developer has said he is considering adding it if game sells well (which it is doing).

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Nice. It looks interesting and immersive and if this game is mod friend then more the better.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Nice. It looks interesting and immersive and if this game is mod friend then more the better.

Kind of embarrassing for other games in this genre (such as SimCity4) that a game developed by 1 guy can be more finished and stable at launch than a AAA title.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Yeah one guy coded it from scratch in C++ his names Luke Hodorowicz. Engine was originally built for a zombie shooter but he redesigned it & built this.
So... Zombie attacks could be a random event then? Oh, the possibilities of watching my playth - er, I mean toy - er I meant, meat fodd - er... Here! Corgi puppies to distra - I mean, make your day wonderfully fuzzy!

Corgi-Party.jpg

Now to plan numerous choke holds for them... MUHAHAHAHA!

Dark Drakan

Admin
So... Zombie attacks could be a random event then? Oh, the possibilities of watching my playth - er, I mean toy - er I meant, meat fodd - er... Here! Corgi puppies to distra - I mean, make your day wonderfully fuzzy!

Corgi-Party.jpg

Now to plan numerous choke holds for them... MUHAHAHAHA!

Haha no zombies are nowhere near the game now as it turned into something totally different.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah one guy coded it from scratch in C++ his names Luke Hodorowicz. Engine was originally built for a zombie shooter but he redesigned it & built this.
Kinda reminds me of how Dust: Any Elysian Tail was developed by one guy.

I mean, one-man teams make metroidvanias all the time, but this one has an astounding amount of polish to it.

That's "polish" and not "Polish".

Yes, I have been waiting to use that joke.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Kinda reminds me of how Dust: Any Elysian Tail was developed by one guy.

I mean, one-man teams make metroidvanias all the time, but this one has an astounding amount of polish to it.

That's "polish" and not "Polish".

Yes, I have been waiting to use that joke.

Im really impressed by these smaller teams and their ambitious projects I mean No Mans Sky is only 4 guys too and developers of Kingdom Come: Deliverance are a small team too (amongst many other recently announced titles).

Dark Drakan

Admin
If anyone gets it feel free to let me know your thoughts as I cant test it myself yet (lack of decent PC). Its on my to purchase list when I do sort one out though (amongst many other titles).

Top Bottom