• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Band/Singer replacements for Dante's theme

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
The first part is pretty clear. They can't put new music that isn't already in the game for Dante's theme.

What they're gonna do to fix it, nobody knows at this point. Seemingly not even Capcom themselves. Here's hoping it's not Devil Trigger for Dante as well. Cause that would mean that A) that song is gonna get old FAST and B) the only way to listen to something that's not DT for Dante's missions is blocked behind the Deluxe Edition.

Personally I think they should get the old tracks off that paywall and have them into the normal version of the game. Or at least a couple of them.

So... they won't be able to find a new band/singer to replace the last band? No new Dante theme? :'(

Meg

The first part is pretty clear. They can't put new music that isn't already in the game for Dante's theme.

What they're gonna do to fix it, nobody knows at this point. Seemingly not even Capcom themselves. Here's hoping it's not Devil Trigger for Dante as well. Cause that would mean that A) that song is gonna get old FAST and B) the only way to listen to something that's not DT for Dante's missions is blocked behind the Deluxe Edition.

Personally I think they should get the old tracks off that paywall and have them into the normal version of the game. Or at least a couple of them.
That's the thing. I really don't want to get the Deluxe Edition because I don't want V's horrible face on my game cover. (No really that's the reason.) But if that's the only way I can listen to in game music without needing to hear Devil Trigger, theeeeeen...........

Yeah no I'm so turned off by V that I'll just make a playlist. :laugh:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So... they won't be able to find a new band/singer to replace the last band? No new Dante theme? :'(

Dont know why you think they would.

At best they'll probably synthesize the vocals so its sounds different. Have them removed from the credits and pay Suicide Silence their dues to shut up about it.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Dont know why you think they would.

At best they'll probably synthesize the vocals so its sounds different. Have them removed from the credits and pay Suicide Silence their dues to shut up about it.

Anyone like Shawn McPherson would be nice.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Anyone like Shawn McPherson would be nice.

I guess replacing the vocals with another another singer and slotting in this new version into the game within a couple months is possible. However they will have to pay Shawn and I'm sure Capcom already has a set budget that is used and paying Shawn for lending his voice would go over it. Lets not forget the legal issues and contracts being made is a timely process as well.

Easier to just alter the already existing vocals with a computer or voice modifiers.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I guess replacing the vocals with another another singer and slotting in this new version into the game within a couple months is possible. However they will have to pay Shawn and I'm sure Capcom already has a set budget that is used and paying Shawn for lending his voice would go over it. Lets not forget the legal issues and contracts being made is a timely process as well.

Easier to just alter the already existing vocals with a computer or voice modifiers.

Or better yet find another.

Blue Stahli? Halestorm? Celldweller?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There's no way I'm listening to that garbage that was used for Dante's theme! If they keep that song, I'm never playing or listening to DMC again!

GinDan

The music that never was excellent in the saga dmc. Compared to games like Nier and others They can keep subhuman that's not a problem for me.

gmc

gimmicky as hell I know but still the type of music that fits devil may cry

Top Bottom