• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Avengers Endgame (Spoilers)

Meg

What did you guys think? :smile:

I'll post a more detailed reaction in a bit, but overall I really enjoyed it. The third act in particular was really good and satisfying. My biggest gripe is that it didn't need to be three hours long as it sagged in the middle.
Also really glad Captain Marvel didn't do much. Thanos smacking her with the Power Stone was satisfying. :laugh:

Please make liberal use of spoiler tags while discussing plot points/scenes. Thanks! :thumbsup:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
This movie been on last week screening in my local cinema and well sadly i returned slightly on shock and devastated some of deaths had hit me, just can't talk still with spoilers on this case

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Damn Thor is the probably the most tragic MCU character at this point

His adoptive brother is evil and tried to kill him and his friends/loved ones
He lost his mom
He lost his dad
He and his girlfriend broke up
He lost his eye
His homeworld is destroyed
His sister was a total psycho who he had to kill
Half of his people were massacred by Thanos
All of his Asgardian friends and family that he has known since childhood are all dead
He reconciled with Loki only to have him die too
His own hubris caused him to fail in killing Thanos

He really let himself go and became a massive lil bitch in EndGame
He is no longer king of the Asgardians since he gave that to Valkyrie
Worst of all now fat neckbeards can properly cosplay as him and not be a joke

Man keeps taking them Ls

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I am disgusted, to be honest here. It hit me right in the feels when Thanos vaporised half the planet, specifically Spiderman, and most of the GoG crew, but I'd had hope that things will turn out for the best in End Game.

All I can say now is that I hate Marvel almost as much as I hate DC.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I am disgusted, to be honest here. It hit me right in the feels when Thanos vaporised half the planet, specifically Spiderman, and most of the GoG crew, but I'd had hope that things will turn out for the best in End Game.

In fact it tourn out for the best... The movie was better than I ever could hope for

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

I am confused by this statement. You wanted things to turn out for the best in EndGame but is disgusted by EndGame (which looks like the best ending we can hope for). What about EndGame and how it chose to resolve the conflict left by the ending of Infinity War bothers you? Just curious.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I am confused by this statement. You wanted things to turn out for the best in EndGame but is disgusted by EndGame (which looks like the best ending we can hope for). What about EndGame and how it chose to resolve the conflict left by the ending of Infinity War bothers you? Just curious.
They killed Iron Man. What makes it even harder to swallow is that Tony said he'd help BUT that he wanted to keep everything he had, he didn't want to lose his family. I'm not a super big fan of Iron Man but his death hit almost as hard as Superman's.
Maybe it's just me but I've always seen super heroes as timeless. They are always there - replayed, adjusted, with new stories that are familiar - but they are always there.
They (producers/writers) could have avoided the whole thing if they wanted to, and personally I think they should have. If we wanted to see beloved characters peg then we'd go watch Game of Thrones.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The plot holes are what get me. Whenever there is time travel, there ends up being some glaring issues with timelines, continuity and their own weird rules they set out in the film itself.

I felt like the Captain America ending was very...fan service. And confusing.

Also, in 1970, why did Peggy look EXACTLY the same as she did in the 40's??

And when Cap had to go back to put the stones back...uh, Red Skull encounter anyone? How does a reverse Soul Stone work? Why couldn't he swap the stone for getting Black Widow back (or sacrifice the utterly useless Scarlet Witch instead)?

Hulk/Banner weirdness hacked me off.

How come Iron Man could wield the gauntlet when even Hulk, who is used to gamma radiation and all that crap, struggled massively?

How long before Sam is called Blacktain America?

Why didn't they make it abundantly clear who the random teenager at Tony's funeral was? (It was Harley from IM3, btw).

Just how much did people remember about being vaporised? Spiderman's dialogue made it sound as though people were aware during the five years of nothingness - and going by Hawkeye's emotional reunion with his family at the end, they were aware something had happened too.

Tony Stark, who managed to hack off a lot of people at different times over the last 11 years, got more of a send-off than Black Widow who everyone got over very quickly, even though she was the one who was keeping things going after Thanos clicked his fingers. So Bruce threw a bench into a lake? Big deal.

If half the planet was gone, how come all technological infrastructure was still working amazingly well but no one could clean up the streets? Did all the sanitation workers die but the nerds live?

I know Disney+ has plans for Loki...but everyone seemed to conveniently forget him disappearing to who-knows-where with the Tesseract, thus effing up timelines everywhere.

Were there two Captain America's when Cap went back to marry Peggy? If not, how the hell did that all work out and how did he have an intact shield after Thanos wrecked it?

If Thor takes his Hammer back during time travel, how do the other Thor films pan out? Do they even happen at all?

How many escape ships from Asgard were there? Because it looked like just one and if Thanos killed everyone on board, how is there a New Asgard at all?

If new Gamora is now going to be part of the GoG universe, are we going to have to suffer through a whole "will they won't they" story arc in the next Guardians film?

Also, having re-watched GoG 1, there are some inconsistencies with Endgame's portrayal of Power Stone events that I can't even begin to list here because my brain hurts.

WHO THE HELL WAS BABYSITTING IRON MAN'S KID WHILE MUMMY AND DADDY ZOOMED OFF TO PLAY WAR GAMES??

I feel like the whole thing was too big for them to make a satisfactory ending - they almost needed a third film to really make use of all the extra characters, storylines and subplots that were going on.

Also, Thor was actually one of my favourites in the film. I get that people hate how his character was developed but to me he was the only person who actually acted like anything was wrong. I don't think he was a stereotype at all - and even if he was, stereotypes exist for a reason, they're not just pulled out the air - and besides, Valkyrie was a depressed alcoholic in Ragnarok and I didn't see anyone going crazy about that. Considering everything that happened to Thor in the past, he had every right to be upset. The very fact that a god gets in that state shows just how bad the situation was and frankly I was surprised no one else was struggling.

Was also very disappointed that Captain Marvel was touted as this majorly powerful being and she did...nothing. Smashed up a ship and had a terrible haircut, from what I could see. I know her film wasn't even done by the time she filmed her scenes for Endgame, but it was still disappointing. I felt very misled by that.

Vergil95

The plot holes are what get me. Whenever there is time travel, there ends up being some glaring issues with timelines, continuity and their own weird rules they set out in the film itself.

I felt like the Captain America ending was very...fan service. And confusing.

Also, in 1970, why did Peggy look EXACTLY the same as she did in the 40's??

And when Cap had to go back to put the stones back...uh, Red Skull encounter anyone? How does a reverse Soul Stone work? Why couldn't he swap the stone for getting Black Widow back (or sacrifice the utterly useless Scarlet Witch instead)?

Hulk/Banner weirdness hacked me off.

How come Iron Man could wield the gauntlet when even Hulk, who is used to gamma radiation and all that crap, struggled massively?

How long before Sam is called Blacktain America?

Why didn't they make it abundantly clear who the random teenager at Tony's funeral was? (It was Harley from IM3, btw).

Just how much did people remember about being vaporised? Spiderman's dialogue made it sound as though people were aware during the five years of nothingness - and going by Hawkeye's emotional reunion with his family at the end, they were aware something had happened too.

Tony Stark, who managed to hack off a lot of people at different times over the last 11 years, got more of a send-off than Black Widow who everyone got over very quickly, even though she was the one who was keeping things going after Thanos clicked his fingers. So Bruce threw a bench into a lake? Big deal.

If half the planet was gone, how come all technological infrastructure was still working amazingly well but no one could clean up the streets? Did all the sanitation workers die but the nerds live?

I know Disney+ has plans for Loki...but everyone seemed to conveniently forget him disappearing to who-knows-where with the Tesseract, thus effing up timelines everywhere.

Were there two Captain America's when Cap went back to marry Peggy? If not, how the hell did that all work out and how did he have an intact shield after Thanos wrecked it?

If Thor takes his Hammer back during time travel, how do the other Thor films pan out? Do they even happen at all?

How many escape ships from Asgard were there? Because it looked like just one and if Thanos killed everyone on board, how is there a New Asgard at all?

If new Gamora is now going to be part of the GoG universe, are we going to have to suffer through a whole "will they won't they" story arc in the next Guardians film?

Also, having re-watched GoG 1, there are some inconsistencies with Endgame's portrayal of Power Stone events that I can't even begin to list here because my brain hurts.

WHO THE HELL WAS BABYSITTING IRON MAN'S KID WHILE MUMMY AND DADDY ZOOMED OFF TO PLAY WAR GAMES??

I feel like the whole thing was too big for them to make a satisfactory ending - they almost needed a third film to really make use of all the extra characters, storylines and subplots that were going on.

Also, Thor was actually one of my favourites in the film. I get that people hate how his character was developed but to me he was the only person who actually acted like anything was wrong. I don't think he was a stereotype at all - and even if he was, stereotypes exist for a reason, they're not just pulled out the air - and besides, Valkyrie was a depressed alcoholic in Ragnarok and I didn't see anyone going crazy about that. Considering everything that happened to Thor in the past, he had every right to be upset. The very fact that a god gets in that state shows just how bad the situation was and frankly I was surprised no one else was struggling.

Was also very disappointed that Captain Marvel was touted as this majorly powerful being and she did...nothing. Smashed up a ship and had a terrible haircut, from what I could see. I know her film wasn't even done by the time she filmed her scenes for Endgame, but it was still disappointing. I felt very misled by that.
- the Peggy from 1970 look a bit older she had a bit of Grey Hair...
- cap put the stone back but he cannot take black widow back because is an eternal barging, image thiw kind of scene, someone take the stone and killed his most beloved Person and few second later say: take the stone back and give me back my love one I made a mistake... Obviously you can't do this, you can give the stone back but you can't have you loved one back...
- iron man was wearing his suit Infact the suit was beginning to desintegrate first as soon as he take the gauntlet, while hulk wasn't wearing anything, so the suit protected him for the time he take the gauntlet until he snap the finger...
- I will not even respond to this... You know that in the comic Sam is the new captain america yeah?
- I didn't realize the kid was the one from Iron man 3, but it doesn't matter in the end...
- the one who vaporized remember the fact that they were killed, when hulk snapped his finger they simply awake in the same spot they die 5 years ago but for them only few second passed between the death and awakening... doctor strange who know everything since he saw the future reunited them all to battle thanos, knowing that there were not time to waste
- black widow was also remembered by wanda and Hawkeye after Tony funeral, and also by hulk when he talk in the end to captain america, so they didnt forget about her...
- we didn't know all the station worked, we only saw Avenger facility, you can see in the beginning of the film that the world is silent and the street are not clean everywhere, so probably many place are left abandoned while other are take by the people who are survived, since the earth is composed by more than 7 billion of people now we have more than 3.5 billion of people who probably work to maintain electricity and try to return to normal life, but they cannot clean all place in the earth...
- loki disappeared but didn't change the current timeline, he always die by thanos in the original timeline, another timeline was created were he left whit tesseract so in Disney + series we will probably saw him in this alternative timeline...
- there were not two captain America, he returned back from were he left at the end of captain america first avengers, he left From the past, go to the future and then returned to the past to merry Peggye, so there is only one captain america, the shield was probably rebuild by Howard stark the same one who originally build it...
- Thor get his hammer and return to the future, but in the past time didn't pass like it did in the future, as soon as Thor get his hammer back and disappeared in front of his mother, captain America happeared to return the hammer... In the past maybe a few second passed between Thor taking the hammer and cap returning it... Hulk say that they must return everything in the exact same moment they take it... So the Thor movie happened normally... Also you didn't get the fact that you can't delete the timeline or change things, you only create other timeline but you can't change the current one...
- maybe some escape ship left the original ship from Thor Ragnarok so the surviving members went to earth... Maybe just one left but we didn't know How big it was...
- I think he will return in guardian of the galaxy volume 3, but probably we will see something new...
-explain the power stone inconsistency I will try to answer...
- probably Tony and pepper left his daughter to Hogan, Infact they are seen togheter at Tony s funeral...
I think this is the best ending to the mcu, and my man don't overthink, more than half of this question are simply unecessary to understand and appreciate this emotional movie...
I was also disappointed by captain marvel but since I saw the movie about her I didn't expect much, since that movie was trash... Also I like the new Thor, he went throught a lot that why he is like this now, people didn't manage to understand it....

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't read the comics so...no I wouldn't know about Sam. I don't even care, it was a throwaway thing, tongue firmly in cheek. To be fair I was waiting for someone to scream "racist!!!!" at me...

I appreciate the time taken to explain various points however to me there are still gaps and I still hold to the view that it wasn't as good as infinity War.

I enjoyed Captain Marvel a lot - hence my disappointment with her lack of involvement. Even though I know why it happened.

I'm not looking for answers, to be refuted, to argue - I'm just chucking out stuff that I've been thinking about.

I'll be watching it again because I find with some films that I appreciate them more the more I watch them - I think there was a hell of a lot in Endgame that I may have missed first time around. I just think it warranted a third installment, bit like Lord of the Rings.

One thing though: you know how you say the timeline can't be altered? So how does that work with Old Cap coming from one timeline to now live in another? Does that not affect the current timeline? Time travel confuses the hell out of me, to be honest.

The GoG inconsistencies are not a big deal, just things I noticed in terms of interpersonal relationships, actions etc. Nothing film-breaking, just interesting to note for me.

Completely forgot about Cap returning the hammer - thanks for clearing that up for me

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Unrelated to Endgame per se, more infinity War, but the way Red Skull speaks about the Soul Stone indicates perhaps lots of people have tried to attain it? I wasn't sure...I probably misunderstood it.

Vergil95

I don't read the comics so...no I wouldn't know about Sam. I don't even care, it was a throwaway thing, tongue firmly in cheek. To be fair I was waiting for someone to scream "racist!!!!" at me...

I appreciate the time taken to explain various points however to me there are still gaps and I still hold to the view that it wasn't as good as infinity War.

I enjoyed Captain Marvel a lot - hence my disappointment with her lack of involvement. Even though I know why it happened.

I'm not looking for answers, to be refuted, to argue - I'm just chucking out stuff that I've been thinking about.

I'll be watching it again because I find with some films that I appreciate them more the more I watch them - I think there was a hell of a lot in Endgame that I may have missed first time around. I just think it warranted a third installment, bit like Lord of the Rings.

One thing though: you know how you say the timeline can't be altered? So how does that work with Old Cap coming from one timeline to now live in another? Does that not affect the current timeline? Time travel confuses the hell out of me, to be honest.

The GoG inconsistencies are not a big deal, just things I noticed in terms of interpersonal relationships, actions etc. Nothing film-breaking, just interesting to note for me.

Completely forgot about Cap returning the hammer - thanks for clearing that up for me
Well time travel are a bit confusing, the captain America one is a bit confusing actually... He probably returned back tought time and married Peggy and this created an alternative timeline, than cap returner from that timeline to the original, but don't know really... I already watched endgame 2 times and I realize many things i didn't realize the first time, I suggest to watch it again... You say that you don't look for answer yet you write all the stuff you think as question, that s why I answered you... I like Sam i don't get the disappointment in that... Also captain marvel movie is inconsistence whit the entire mcu time line and universe that s why it's a bad movie, the entire film is a plot hole and stupid things happened that s why I don t like it... Yes probably many people tryed to attain the soul stone, even red skull himself

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not disappointed with the Sam thing - having not read the comics I know zero about it, just thought it was interesting that the mantle was passed on, as it were. I'm guessing that means falcon is done with? Or does he combine the two?

I'm just thinking out loud, I guess.

I really would have liked to see red skull and Captain America meet though. Even as a post credit scene or deleted scene on the DVD or something. It just fascinates me.

But yeah, time travel and my brain do not sit well together. Want to see the film again and try to make sense of some stuff.

Vergil95

Not disappointed with the Sam thing - having not read the comics I know zero about it, just thought it was interesting that the mantle was passed on, as it were. I'm guessing that means falcon is done with? Or does he combine the two?

I'm just thinking out loud, I guess.

I really would have liked to see red skull and Captain America meet though. Even as a post credit scene or deleted scene on the DVD or something. It just fascinates me.

But yeah, time travel and my brain do not sit well together. Want to see the film again and try to make sense of some stuff.
We Will probably learn more in the Disney + series falcon and winter soldier... In term of plot doesn't matter if we see red skull or cap encounter... Also I just read that the russo brother director of endgame explained that captain america returned back in time and created and alternative time line but in the end as an old manage tu return in the original timeline, also they sayd that there is an entire story, and entire life cap did, and it's left to our imagination on how he returned to the original timeline, probably he was helped by Howard stark to return there

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Just seems a bit...lazy, I guess? I know Chris and Robert weren't going to be returning to their roles - makes me feel like perhaps some of the things in the film were to please fans as opposed to making sense.

I know it doesn't matter, I'm just interested is all.

Vergil95

Just seems a bit...lazy, I guess? I know Chris and Robert weren't going to be returning to their roles - makes me feel like perhaps some of the things in the film were to please fans as opposed to making sense.

I know it doesn't matter, I'm just interested is all.
No the russo brother worked at the endgame script for more than 3 years it wasn't for fan service, they wanted it to end here

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well I'll be seeing it this weekend.

I want to ask as less of an MCU fan and more-so a DCEU movies fan who looks for specific things in CBM; is the movie worth it?

Vergil95

Well I'll be seeing it this weekend.

I want to ask as less of an MCU fan and more-so a DCEU movies fan who looks for specific things in CBM; is the movie worth it?
Watch it, and don't look around in topic since if you already read something here it s full of spoiler... However, it worth it

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Watch it, and don't look around in topic since if you already read something here it s full of spoiler... However, it worth it
Oh that's cool. Im not super passionate about the MCU to try and avoid spoilers. However I will be ghosting for Far from Home spoilers.

Vergil95

Oh that's cool. Im not super passionate about the MCU to try and avoid spoilers. However I will be ghosting for Far from Home spoilers.
Yeah but there is no sense of seeing a movie and read spoiler about it even if you are not a fan of it

Top Bottom