• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Assassin's Creed: BlackFlag, Best or Bust?

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Ok, so AC3 comes out, everyone's excited, I'm excited, there's a new character, a new story, a new world. People play the game, i play the game, people like the game, I flat out hate the game along with some other smart people, and then. No more then a couple months after ac3's release, the the next release date is posted for AC BlackFlag, which instead raised a red flag for me. Now I don't know what to think about this game. I know you get to do a lot more sea battles like in Ac3, which to me was just someone sprinkling sugar and sprinkles on dog crap and calling it a donut. As for other info I know nothing. So please give me your ideas of the game and its seemingly premature release date, and other info on the game.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think thy're milking the cash cow too much. If they carry on making 1 game a year, people will become bored and it will become like COD....same game each year with minor changes....

While I didn't hate AC3, I think it was lacking. Heck, when I find Haytham Kenway more interesting than Connor, you know there's a problem with your main character. :p I just didn't find Connor as compelling as Ezio. You got to see Ezio grow up and mature...but Connor, his growing up is too quick, and also he still remains quite brash and unlikable. He just doesn't have the same appeal as Ezio.

Plus, I didn't find running around Boston or the frontier to be as good as running around Italy in AC2. For me, I don't think anything in other Assassin's creed games could compare to the city and architecture in AC2.

However, I do give credit in AC3 for the improved graphics and animations.

As for AC4, I am a little concerned that they are making the ship battles a large portion of the game. I didn't like them in AC3, so I doubt I will like them in AC4, unless they make significant changes to the mechanics.

I can only hope that Edward Kenway has some kind of personality like Haytham or Ezio, I don't want another Connor.>_<

Also, I hope the assassinations will be like they were in AC1 or 2. In 3 they were basically chasing people around and then watching a cutscene. After all the buildup to Charles Lee, I was disappointed with how he was killed. I felt cheated. So I hope AC4 won't make the same mistake as 3.

I also hope they'll be able to portray pirate life as accurately as possible, none of the fantasy. But as of yet, we don't know much of the story other than Edward Kenway did serve in the navy, then becomes disillusioned and becomes a pirate instead to gain riches and glory.
As for gameplay, apparently there will be treasure hunting, swimming and animal hunting, alongside the usual assassination of key targets.

I'm sure it will sell well. AC3 had very good sales figures, regardless of how the game was in comparison to previous assassin's creed games.

Meg

Ugh. I'm not interested in AC: Black Flag at all. I was so disappointed with ACIII. It was incredibly boring. The only reason why I bothered to finish it is because I wanted to see what was going to happen at the end of Desmond's story. And then....yeah. :mad:

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
I think thy're milking the cash cow too much. If they carry on making 1 game a year, people will become bored and it will become like COD....same game each year with minor changes....

While I didn't hate AC3, I think it was lacking. Heck, when I find Haytham Kenway more interesting than Connor, you know there's a problem with your main character. :p I just didn't find Connor as compelling as Ezio. You got to see Ezio grow up and mature...but Connor, his growing up is too quick, and also he still remains quite brash and unlikable. He just doesn't have the same appeal as Ezio.

Plus, I didn't find running around Boston or the frontier to be as good as running around Italy in AC2. For me, I don't think anything in other Assassin's creed games could compare to the city and architecture in AC2.

However, I do give credit in AC3 for the improved graphics and animations.

As for AC4, I am a little concerned that they are making the ship battles a large portion of the game. I didn't like them in AC3, so I doubt I will like them in AC4, unless they make significant changes to the mechanics.

I can only hope that Edward Kenway has some kind of personality like Haytham or Ezio, I don't want another Connor.>_<

Also, I hope the assassinations will be like they were in AC1 or 2. In 3 they were basically chasing people around and then watching a cutscene. After all the buildup to Charles Lee, I was disappointed with how he was killed. I felt cheated. So I hope AC4 won't make the same mistake as 3.

I also hope they'll be able to portray pirate life as accurately as possible, none of the fantasy. But as of yet, we don't know much of the story other than Edward Kenway did serve in the navy, then becomes disillusioned and becomes a pirate instead to gain riches and glory.
As for gameplay, apparently there will be treasure hunting, swimming and animal hunting, alongside the usual assassination of key targets.

I'm sure it will sell well. AC3 had very good sales figures, regardless of how the game was in comparison to previous assassin's creed games.
A lot of what I feel to, only Ac2 was good, but to me. AC brotherhood was best.

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Ugh. I'm not interested in AC: Black Flag at all. I was so disappointed with ACIII. It was incredibly boring. The only reason why I bothered to finish it is because I wanted to see what was going to happen at the end of Desmond's story. And then....yeah. :mad:
Don't even get me started. Honestly I expecting more from COD Ghosts then BlackFlag

Reactions: Meg

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I pretty much said this many times but AC3 is disappointing especially that f*cking cluster f*ck of a story and nothing in black flag made me impressed. I didn't like the Naval battles and i would probably not like them at black flag either if ever get to play it. I still feel that Assassin's Creed 2 is the best in the series and also one of the greatest game this generation.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Honestly, I had high hopes for it, but after actually seeing gameplay...disappointment. It looks like it plays exactly like AC3 but just with pirates. I thought I'd like Edward Kenway's voice, but it kind of failed my expectations. And then there was the graphics. He looks so F-in' FUGLY in-game!

I expected a bit better from it, but I guess I'll have to wait and see more.

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Honestly, I had high hopes for it, but after actually seeing gameplay...disappointment. It looks like it plays exactly like AC3 but just with pirates. I thought I'd like Edward Kenway's voice, but it kind of failed my expectations. And then there was the graphics. He looks so F-in' FUGLY in-game!

I expected a bit better from it, but I guess I'll have to wait and see more.
Honestly I think I just had a amazing idea a couple days ago, to hell with the Caribbean and America, have one that takes place in the lands of the assassins, China, because hear me out....Ninja's....everything is better with Ninjas

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Honestly I think I just had a amazing idea a couple days ago, to hell with the Caribbean and America, have one that takes place in the lands of the assassins, China, because hear me out....Ninja's....everything is better with Ninjas

Ninjas are from Japan.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Assassins Creed started as such an ambitious series that was a breath of fresh air, the engine started out as a brilliant one but gradually it has been pushed and pushed to the point that it became rather broken (ACIII). With each new release they have added some great features but at the same time some really frustrating ones. Also a shame that with each new release the assassination part of the game has played a smaller and smaller part. For a series based on assassinating targets it didnt have a proper stealth system and less emphasis on assassinating people seemed like it was straying away from what made it good in the first place.

The characters have became less interesting too, most notably with Connor as I found him and his story dull and so many of ACIII side quests I couldnt even be bothered to do as they were so boring. Now with Black Flag I do like that they are again trying something new and not recycling the same thing every year. However the turn around for the developers is so fast with Assassins Creed games they often feel rushed and I dont think Black Flag will be any exception. I bet half the features will end up feeling half baked and with every single game I have purchased in the series I have been cautiously optimistic but every single one has left me wanting. After each ive felt they did plenty right but missed the mark on most of the new features, maybe next time is the feeling I always get but my patience is wearing thin.

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Assassins Creed started as such an ambitious series that was a breath of fresh air, the engine started out as a brilliant one but gradually it has been pushed and pushed to the point that it became rather broken (ACIII). With each new release they have added some great features but at the same time some really frustrating ones. Also a shame that with each new release the assassination part of the game has played a smaller and smaller part. For a series based on assassinating targets it didnt have a proper stealth system and less emphasis on assassinating people seemed like it was straying away from what made it good in the first place.

The characters have became less interesting too, most notably with Connor as I found him and his story dull and so many of ACIII side quests I couldnt even be bothered to do as they were so boring. Now with Black Flag I do like that they are again trying something new and not recycling the same thing every year. However the turn around for the developers is so fast with Assassins Creed games they often feel rushed and I dont think Black Flag will be any exception. I bet half the features will end up feeling half baked and with every single game I have purchased in the series I have been cautiously optimistic but every single one has left me wanting. After each ive felt they did plenty right but missed the mark on most of the new features, maybe next time is the feeling I always get but my patience is wearing thin.
I want to hug your post is there a button for that?

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
I myself loved them all (brotherhood being my favorite) up until AC3. I didn't find the naval combat that great and the health system seemed completely flawed compared to those of the other games. The story didn't give me much enthusiasm and it seemed that there were more chases which I'm ok with in small amounts. I also think that the area where it takes place effected the gameplay and it seemed to me that Boston wasn't much for a place to roam compared to Rome or the others. I did enjoy tree climbing and jumping but I don't see how that will be a factor in black flag. From what I've seen in the game trailers it looks to be a better game in the sense that the Caribbean could be a better place to roam and if your able to actually board ships (like the one time you do it it AC3) in command it could end up being ok. I really hope that Edward has a better personality than Connor, but if its all just the same as before it probably won't be as good as it had the opportunity to be. That being said I'm probably going to buy it anyway, just so I can form my own opinion on it if people say its bad

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
It seems like we aren't the only ones that share these opinions, I just read up on a lot of reviews, and commentary videos, some went as far as to say that BlackFlag will be the worst AC yet, emphasis on yet. So is it just a down word spiral for AC from here?

Dark Drakan

Admin
It seems like we aren't the only ones that share these opinions, I just read up on a lot of reviews, and commentary videos, some went as far as to say that BlackFlag will be the worst AC yet, emphasis on yet. So is it just a down word spiral for AC from here?

If they insist on pumping them out year after year the market is going to be over saturated with them and people will start not to care about them any more.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Aug, my fears have been realized, it's a another cod.
maddenwarfare.png

When you think about it, Connor is basically the stoic warrior. Basically, he has as much personality as a rock. Ezio was your playboy of the Renaissance. Actually, Ezio would be a Renaissance man. He's educated in art, warfare, politics, etc. Ezio would basically be Tony Stark minus the shrapnel and addiction to alcohol. Altair is more sage-y when he's older, but a reckless young man during the first Assassin's Creed. Considering his time though, Altair's not that expressive since he could get into a ton of trouble if he was as reckless as today's youth. Haytham's basically your pompous gentleman with airs of superiority and guess what, he can actually carry out his threats personally. Edward is a pirate... Of course he's going to have more personality than Connor. Pirates were your frat boys of the past. Party here, plunder there, get laid here, smoke tobacco there, get wasted here, beat up (or kill) someone there. Edward is definitely going to be more interesting than Connor.

To put it into perspective: Altair is like the leader of the group, Ezio's the ladies' man, Haytham is your seductive, but violent man, Edward's the bad boy, and Connor's well... Connor. He's there to make everyone look better.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I honestly like Altair's character development. He may be that typical reckless and arrogant guy that grows to be a super wise guy, but i still like him more so than Connor. But honestly guys Connor's personality suit the setting and the atmosphere of the game since they are basically in a war or revolution during ACIII happened

Top Bottom