• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arkham was weaker after getting Sparda Power,

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobek388

Bobek388
Don't u think that after gaining sparda power Arkham was weaker?
Before he could teleport, become a Jester, and then as a Jester he was immortal, Dante never could kill him. And he made that powerful kick, so he threw dante, vergil and lady on the wall, and vergil lost consciousness.

Meg

While its true he was strong before gaining Sparda's power the whole point of gaining that power was to become stronger. Why would someone what a kind of power that would make them weaker? Seems silly.

moseslmpg

I don't think so. Arkham probably was stronger, givn that it took both twins to beat him, but it is possible that Sparda's power overloaded him and weighed him down basically. Meaning he didn't have mastery over Sparda's powers, he was slower, a bigger target and so on.

And I don't think Jester was immortal.

aka958

Don't trust people
Doesn't he explain himself about how he beated the twins? They were wounded and weak, so was lady after her giant blade on Kalina Ann went through her tigh which should've probably killed due to bloodloss.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
It was the equivalent of an angry 8 year old girl trying to attack someone with a .44 Magnum.

It was a bit too much for him to cope with and he just got overwhelmed by it. But then again who knows maybe Sparda's soul sabotaged him on purpose.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think he simply dipped too far into his power reserves and ended up being slowed down because of it. He didn't have any less power, he was just too slow to use it effectively.

If he had kept Sparda's form, it would've made for a much more satisfying fight, IMO. But everyone's like "Nooo, you can't fight Sparda, that would ruin the mystery" and to those people I say "I don't care".

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
DreadnoughtDT;269946 said:
If he had kept Sparda's form, it would've made for a much more satisfying fight, IMO. But everyone's like "Nooo, you can't fight Sparda, that would ruin the mystery" and to those people I say "I don't care".

He wouldnt be a completely "True" Sparda.

Why? Remeber you need to have his blood in your veins like Dante and Vergil.

And i belive Arkhan knew he was being overload remeber his minions? i belive he was releasing some excess of power, yet it seems that he couldnt release enought

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The crazy demon;269947 said:
He wouldnt be a completely "True" Sparda.

What I meant was at least it would make a good example of how it would happen. I mean, I wanted a sword fight against someone other than Vergil. Vergil was getting annoying, not fun.

exousus

actually, I think the difference in Arkham`s power lays truly in what was needed for the game, not in the storyline. As a Jester, it was essential that he can`t die... that he`d be some sort of evil mastermind that you get mindblown when you see his power... he was full of surprises so you can`t really tell his true power.. more of a not so essential character...the whole attack from the shadows and bla bla bla... after he got a hold of the power of sparda, he became the main villain, so the guys that did the game had to make a way for Dante and Vergil to kill him.. it was his time to die, cameras were on him, he needed to die, he got screwed:D

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I would have much preferred a fight against Sparda even if it was just an imposter it kind of felt like I had been screwed over. To set up the ultimate "what if" of DMC then just take it away.

No he was actually stronger. In that scene where he trew them he actually did it because Dante and vegil were weakened by their fight before he showed up. Later Dante couldn´t beat him on his own and then Vegil showes up and you know the rest...

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Assassin;270244 said:
No he was actually stronger. In that scene where he trew them he actually did it because Dante and vegil were weakened by their fight before he showed up. Later Dante couldn´t beat him on his own and then Vegil showes up and you know the rest...

yup, DT devil triggers out of sheer hatred for he-who-must-not-named :p

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
He no way controlled the true power of Sparda. And who is to say he actually got the true power of Sparda? I seriously doubted since playing that those powers were even Sparda's at all. So in my own opinion, he was weaker, because he probably didn't have his power anyway.

And going on it if he did, he couldn't control a small fraction of it. So he probably wasn't up to his usual standards, meaning the uncontrolled power made him weaker. Dante could of killed him alone, he didn't need Vergil there anyway.

LordOfDarkness;270335 said:
He no way controlled the true power of Sparda. And who is to say he actually got the true power of Sparda? I seriously doubted since playing that those powers were even Sparda's at all. So in my own opinion, he was weaker, because he probably didn't have his power anyway.

And going on it if he did, he couldn't control a small fraction of it. So he probably wasn't up to his usual standards, meaning the uncontrolled power made him weaker. Dante could of killed him alone, he didn't need Vergil there anyway.

After you cut half of Arkham´s health there is a scene where Dante breathes heavily, Arkham is about to finish him(or not but eventually i think that Arham could beat him)and then Vergil comes in...Dante wasn`t able to defeat Arkham on his own(just my opinion..no offense)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Assassin;270481 said:
After you cut half of Arkham´s health there is a scene where Dante breathes heavily, Arkham is about to finish him(or not but eventually i think that Arham could beat him)and then Vergil comes in...Dante wasn`t able to defeat Arkham on his own(just my opinion..no offense)

Yes, but your saying that without taking all the previous fights Dante had in the game into consideration. It was his first time with his Devil Trigger awoken. He probably hadn't even been killing demons for that long, and look how well he did. Not only fending off his brother, which was the toughest part, but slaying all the other demons also. Dante was probably exhausted by that point, but he probably would of held out a little longer, if Vergil hadn't of shown up. And I reckon, he could of killed Arkham on his own. Vergil just entered to make it more dramatic, and they needed to have him in the final scene. Not because Dante couldn't handle things on his own. This is entirely my opinion.

LordOfDarkness;270482 said:
Yes, but your saying that without taking all the previous fights Dante had in the game into consideration. It was his first time with his Devil Trigger awoken. He probably hadn't even been killing demons for that long, and look how well he did. Not only fending off his brother, which was the toughest part, but slaying all the other demons also. Dante was probably exhausted by that point, but he probably would of held out a little longer, if Vergil hadn't of shown up. And I reckon, he could of killed Arkham on his own. Vergil just entered to make it more dramatic, and they needed to have him in the final scene. Not because Dante couldn't handle things on his own. This is entirely my opinion.

But how do you explain the last battle then, he(Dante exhausted) was able to defeat Vergil with Force Edge and Yamato......Dante defeats Vegil at his full power exhausted!?I think he wasn´t exhausted at all.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Assassin;270483 said:
But how do you explain the last battle then, he(Dante exhausted) was able to defeat Vergil with Force Edge and Yamato......Dante defeats Vegil at his full power exhausted!?I think he wasn´t exhausted at all.

Dante and Vergil had both been running around the Tower, killing countless demons. Vergil was slaying enemies his end also, because he only wanted the power for his means alone. Dante was trying to stop that power getting out of control, maybe thought Vergil had bad intentions for using it. Or maybe stopping what may of been Vergil's good intentions, from turning into bad ones. And both warriors probably hadn't been fighting demonic enemies for that long prior to the game. So at that point, Vergil was just as exhausted as Dante. It was an equal match. But good triumphed over evil, because it's the typical cliché game ending.

LordOfDarkness;270484 said:
Dante and Vergil had both been running around the Tower, killing countless demons. Vergil was slaying enemies his end also, because he only wanted the power for his means alone. Dante was trying to stop that power getting out of control, maybe thought it may turn Vergil's good intentions into bad ones. And both warriors probably hadn't been fighting demonic enemies for that long prior to the game. So at that point, Vergil was just as exhausted as Dante. It was an equal match. But good triumphed over evil, because it's the typical cliché game ending.

Vergil killed Beowulf with one hit(seriously he can´t be exhausted after that),say one point of the game where you see Vergil exhausted(there is no proof that Dante nor Vergil were exhausted at any point of the game which leads to conclusion that Arkham could actually brat one of the brothers alone(but we are only guessing we will never know if the were really exhausted :wacko:))

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Well, he became a blob because he couldn't control the power of sparda, if he could've stay in the form of Sparda I guess he was stronger.

When you're figthing Mission 17 Jester and than fighting Arkham (Mission 19) on DMD mode you can clearly see that Arkham as a blob is WAYYY stronger than Jester.

And for that kick he did, well, Lady is week, and Dante & Vergil lost power while they fought each other. So he wasn't really that strong before =)

TheDarkSlayer;271436 said:
Well, he became a blob because he couldn't control the power of sparda, if he could've stay in the form of Sparda I guess he was stronger.

When you're figthing Mission 17 Jester and than fighting Arkham (Mission 19) on DMD mode you can clearly see that Arkham as a blob is WAYYY stronger than Jester.

And for that kick he did, well, Lady is week, and Dante & Vergil lost power while they fought each other. So he wasn't really that strong before =)

Yeah,but i think we already said that :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom