• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are the stages in the Bloody Palace a Hindu reference?

berto

I Saw the Devil
So I was looking in my wallpapers folder and found this:
401434.jpg

You can see the flowers in the background resemble the battle stages in Bloody Palace, but is it a coincidence? Is anyone familiar with Hindu mythology?

Vergil Is Motivated

Demon slayer
You mean the Saviour? Yeah, the wings in the back could be interpreted as a hindu wheel like those in deities, Manorla, I think.

They are meant to represent radiance and the light emanating from the deity. Halos.

The Guy in the bottem right looks like erazor djinn from sonic and the secret rings lol

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I dunno...I think the platforms are just floating platforms. I can't remember any floral designs on them, but...that's because I haven't seen them in a while >.<

berto

I Saw the Devil
Look at the top of the flowers. They look more like a garden than a flower. Grass and walkways. They might not be flowers. Open the image in full size and inspect the platforms. They might not be flowers, just platforms.

(Start at 1:40)

The Platforms are around the same shape as that drawing.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ah sure. I dunno, flowers are sorta big in Hindu mythology and shiz, but remember that painting is just an artist's interpretation too :p

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ah sure. I dunno, flowers are sorta big in Hindu mythology and shiz, but remember that painting is just an artist's interpretation too :p
Possibly, hence the title of the thread been a question and not a statement, but at the same time the same could be said of the characters in the illustration, which is why I'm asking if there are any Hindu myth experts around.

The Guy in the bottem right looks like erazor djinn from sonic and the secret rings lol
Never played Asura's Wrath, I take it.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I believe it's probably just a coincidence. I haven't come across any lotus platforms like that in my poking around in Hindu mythology :p

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I saw a lotus flower being delivered as a time to carry out an arraigned marriage with Apu in the Simpsons.
xD lol. Can't say 100 % bus Lotus has many meanings in Hindu including being symbol of beauty and purity and often associated with Vishnu. Many Gods using it as sitting place and flying platforms, such as Ganesh. Though it doesn't apply only to Hindu.
If I see it correctly this image on the top is part of Journey to the West. I think it's part of Sun Wu Kong's confrontation with Buddha. So I think it's illustration to Buddhism...

Top Bottom