• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are Dante & Vergil Sparda himself??

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
KoRn_Dowwg666;14179 said:
This part. LOL!

From DMC1:
"Two millenniums ago, there was a war, between the human world, and the other: the Underworld. But somebody from the Underworld woke up to justice and stood up against this legion alone. His name was Sparda. Later, he quietly reigned over the human world, and continued to preserve harmony until his death. He became a legend; The Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda."

Ok. Sparda fought and defeated Mundus 2,000 years ago, according to DMC1's opening cinematic.
We know that Sparda married a human woman, Eva, and had twin sons, Dante & Vergil. We know that, according to DMC1, she was murdered 20 years ago when Dante & Vergil were still young.
So that means Sparda either waited 1,972 years to have children, or there are Sparda jr.'s running around somewhere.

Zeke Axel;14181 said:
Alastor12
Sparda's probablly alive and hiding somewhere

Either he is alive and hiding somewhere, or he is Dante & Vergil.

Like, it would kinda ruin the legend of Sparda, the guy who fought against all of hell and won, just to be murdered.
And his life-span is infinite, just like all of the other demons. So he couldn't had just keeled over.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Zeke Axel;14181 said:
Alastor12
Good question!!!
But Yamato (Vergil's nodachi) is his father's keepsake.
So I guess Sparda fought in both styles...

Sparda's probablly alive and hiding somewhere
That made sense. In DMC 1, Vergil's fighting style (both for hand-to-hand and for sword fight) was very similar to Dante's

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
Ok, a new theory. This is way more far-fetched to me, but it may fit better with some of you.

Considering Alastor and Ifrit in DMC1, along with Cerberus, Agni & Rudra, Beowulf, and Nevan in DMC3, is it somehow possible that the Sparda sword in DMC1 IS Sparda?

In DMC1, Dante left the Sparda sword with the "deceased" Trish, saying "My father's here with you." Could that be a hint?

The Force Edge didn't appear to serve any true purpose in DMC3. We believe that Sparda sealed the gate to the underworld with his sword and left it there as a kind of "lock." But nothing appeared to have happened when Dante took it home with him. Hell did't open up or nothing.

Sparda appearently put portions of his power into each amulet. When the amulet's were combined with the Force Edge, it became the full-powered Sparda sword.
Perhaps Sparda went back to hell and the sword Dante and Vergil found was Sparda's... how should I say... "incomplete" soul?

Dark Elf

Dagger user
1) I wouldn't say so, because in DMC 1, weapons are not souls of demons. In other words, you do not have to kill Alastor and Ifrit to get these weapons. In DMC 3, all weapons were soul-binded (If it's OK to say so)
2) It depends on what you call a hint. I believe Dante thought Trish was dead and she sacrifised herself to save Dante, so maybe he thought she became very similar to his mother and decided to leave his sword with her.
3) Actually, no. In order to shut (do not open) portal to the Demon World, the amulets had to be separated. Sparda used FE to seal "demonic entities". In DMC 3, they all went out from Hell, so FE lost its purpose.
4)If he had a soul. By the way, it seems strange to me that when Vergil picked up FE and had his amulet, he could DT and inflict some impressive damage. Why Dante's variety of Force Edge is so weak and without DT?

KojiDude

I didn't feel like reading all 3 pages of the topic, so if I say something that's already been discussed then sorry, but

Sparda couldn't become human by sealing his powers away. There was no human blood in him to take over. If Beowulf or Cerberus sealed their powers away, would they become human too? No. When he sealed his powers away, he died. The 2000 years thing is a plot hole that Capcom has failed to explain in any of the DMCs. If the war happened 2,000 years ago, Dante & Vergil would be 2,000 years old. Unless Eva got it on with ForceEdge somehow... ew...

Another plot hole is them calling the place Force Edge is at the "Demon Realm". If it's the Demon Realm, where's the Demons? Why haven't any of the demons taken Force Edge? Why didn't any of them go through the portal Arkham opened? I mean, with the lust for power most demons have, something like Force Edge would make them practically orgasmic. And I don't think a Devil stuck in the "Demon Realm" would miss a chance to enter the Human world.

The plot holes are the reason why Capcom needs to make DMC5 all about Sparda, and the war. They could explain all the plotholes, show what the great Legendary Dark Knight Sparda was really like, and make alot of money.

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
Alastor12;14468 said:
1) I wouldn't say so, because in DMC 1, weapons are not souls of demons. In other words, you do not have to kill Alastor and Ifrit to get these weapons. In DMC 3, all weapons were soul-binded (If it's OK to say so)

3) Actually, no. In order to shut (do not open) portal to the Demon World, the amulets had to be separated. Sparda used FE to seal "demonic entities". In DMC 3, they all went out from Hell, so FE lost its purpose.

4)If he had a soul. By the way, it seems strange to me that when Vergil picked up FE and had his amulet, he could DT and inflict some impressive damage. Why Dante's variety of Force Edge is so weak and without DT?

1. You know the Viewtiful Joe games/show? There's an anti-hero electrical demon called Alastor, which in one of the Viewtiful Joe games, confirms that he's the Alastor sword that Dante found and uses. (Dante and other DMC characters appear in some of the Viewtiful Joe games)
He freed himself from his sword form and, being angry at Dante for "mistreating" him and abandoning him in DMC2, wants to see if he should really be calling Dante "master" in a quick fight. Alastor loses, and admits that Dante is indeed his master.

Alastor also has some of the same moves Dante gets for for him in DMC1, such as Round Trip, Stinger, Air Raid, Vortex, and Air Hike. And when he transforms, he looks strikingly similar to Dante's Alastor Devil Trigger.

Hideki Kamiya, the guy behind Devil May Cry also made Viewtiful Joe, so it's most likely canon. So I feel it's safe to assume that Alastor and Ifrit were indeed demons previous to Dante getting them.

Alstor in his humanoid form.
alastor.jpg

3. I tried to make it sound plausible, lol.

4. Another of DMC's legendary plot holes...

KojiDude;14470 said:
I didn't feel like reading all 3 pages of the topic, so if I say something that's already been discussed then sorry, but

Sparda couldn't become human by sealing his powers away. There was no human blood in him to take over. If Beowulf or Cerberus sealed their powers away, would they become human too? No. When he sealed his powers away, he died. The 2000 years thing is a plot hole that Capcom has failed to explain in any of the DMCs. If the war happened 2,000 years ago, Dante & Vergil would be 2,000 years old. Unless Eva got it on with ForceEdge somehow... ew...

Another plot hole is them calling the place Force Edge is at the "Demon Realm". If it's the Demon Realm, where's the Demons? Why haven't any of the demons taken Force Edge? Why didn't any of them go through the portal Arkham opened? I mean, with the lust for power most demons have, something like Force Edge would make them practically orgasmic. And I don't think a Devil stuck in the "Demon Realm" would miss a chance to enter the Human world.

The plot holes are the reason why Capcom needs to make DMC5 all about Sparda, and the war. They could explain all the plotholes, show what the great Legendary Dark Knight Sparda was really like, and make alot of money.

It doesn't sound like you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but you makes some good points and I agree with you.

Scythe

KoRn_Dowwg666;14153 said:
Perhaps it is his style. He is a swordmaster, like dante and sparda, but he refuses to have guns. It says that he thinks guns are for the weak and mortal.

Actually, he doesn't use guns because he thinks a real warrior doesn't use firearms. You saw how quickly he threw Ebony back to Dante after they shot Arkham. :p

And I think Vergil's swordsmanship was at a much higher degree than Dante and Sparda. He didn't deflect Dante's bullets after all, he "catched" them because he was swinging his sword so fast. Vergil's fighting style resembles Iaidó too, even if he was using the Dark Slayer style.

Agravon

Nero Must Die \o/\o/
My opinion
Dante have the same figth style then Sparda with diferent personalite
Vergil the personalite of Sparda with a diferente fight style
Blue + Red = Violet
Dante + Vergil = Sparda
xD

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Deadpool may be on to something. the Blue + Red= Purple thing is true, however DMC4's Nero also wears purple. Perhaps Nero is Sparda in some shape or form, but that another discussion. There are many plot holes in the DMC series and there is some info that can be confusing. But it is possible that Dante and Vergil are versions of Sparda. In DMC 4, the Knights order, they are trying to bring Sparda back right. Im sure the order is extremely old. Maybe Dante and Vergil were their first attempts to bring Sparda back. Perhaps the amulets are the key. This would explain why Vergil wanted Dante's amulet in DMC 3. Maybe he knows something that Dante doesn't and he wants to become Sparda. anyway, I'm rambling, but Deadpool you may have something there.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Sparda probably just got old and died. then after his death Eva was murdered. and as for the time gap...maybe Sparda didn't seal the demon world and marry Eva right away. We all know wars can last years even decades...so maybe the war lasted that long and when it was finished he sealed the portal, and married Eva and then they had Vergil and Dante. Also Sparda and Eva could have possilably had trouble concieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom