• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone know how to remove AntiSpy Safeguard

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
So...I got hit with a Trojan and downloaded one of the 'recommended' virus scanners. Turns out this stupid 'AntiSpy Safeguard' thing is a scam. It does nothing but a bunch fake crap and distributes rogue programs into the computer. I can't figure out how to delete this stupid thing either, so ANY help would be appreciated.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Have you tried a system restore? Using that and reverting your computer to a date from before you had the thing will get rid of it.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Hmm...no, I haven't. Do you have a step process or anything I can use? Is it time consuming?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;281299 said:
Hmm...no, I haven't. Do you have a step process or anything I can use? Is it time consuming?

Step process, no, I don't. It's something you can access in the start menu, that's all I know. I do know, however, that it's fairly quick and painless.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BlueDevil;281294 said:
So...I got hit with a Trojan and downloaded one of the 'recommended' virus scanners. Turns out this stupid 'AntiSpy Safeguard' thing is a scam. It does nothing but a bunch fake crap and distributes rogue programs into the computer. I can't figure out how to delete this stupid thing either, so ANY help would be appreciated.

Thats known as Malware and the 2 programs i use to combat this are:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (free version)

Rkill

Then use this to clean your registry and unneeded crap:

Ccleaner (click one of the 2 alternate download links)

Top Bottom