• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone else sick of prequels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Im getting tired of prequels i still wanna see if Dante made it back to the human world after dmc2

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I, too, am getting tired of the endless stream of prequels and interquels. I want an actual sequel. Knowing Capcom, though, wishing for a sequel is like wishing the sun had a dimmer switch.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I don't mind prequels, I think it could be interesting. I think were just meant to forget about DMC2, lol :(

Meg

^ Which is a shame because it be easy to come up with a way to bridge the gap between the two. :(

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Ebony;281332 said:
I don't mind prequels, I think it could be interesting. I think were just meant to forget about DMC2, lol :(

well i think capcom is being to over dramatic about dmc2 sure it wasn't a great game but it wasn't terrible

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
alot of information would be easier to provide in a prequel so i think they need more but before they do they should probably make something after Devil May Cry2

fon

Crazy Chick
Sin Scythe;281745 said:
Dante prequels, sure.

Gimmi a Virgil or Nero prequel.

This.
Capcom really should've thought about the story before adding Nero <_<
The novel doesn't count x(

I would like to see what happened to Vergil after Eva got killed and what made him the elegant swordsman in 3 (or even his time in Hell afterwards).
Or just make another sequel already, Capcom (after DmC, of course).

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm not sick of prequels, and let's face it, DmC will be the last prequel they can do with Dante as the lead. I think it's all building up to the climax of what DMC5 might be.

Sin Scythe

Blessed by Death
Premium
I suppose DmC will answer A) why Dante is in his situation
and B) any answers needed for a sequel.

If this continues, the timeline'll end up like Legend of Zelda's.

Lili Rochefort

we live to make impossible, possible!
Sin Scythe;281745 said:
Dante prequels, sure.

Gimmi a Virgil or Nero prequel.
I'm agree with ya! we don't know anything about them... specially Nero! who's his parent (maybe you think his father is Vergil... but they must confirm it)>_<

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^I agree with that

I expect DmC will need a sequel too. Lets face it, Perhaps Capcom and NT are doing this, to make us forget about the other series and the more DmC they shove out, the more content we'll be?

After all, we are fans, and the makers seem to think we'll accept anything....

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Not really if the game was the story of Sparda or the story of Nero I would have been more than happy.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Well...since this is an alternate reality of DmC they might be telling it directly from Dante's past that leads up to the Dante we all know and love. Their starting from the lowest point they can possibly go and build up from there.

Legato

I WAS getting sick of it, until I saw the DMC5 trailer. Then I fell in love with the new (old) Dante looks. It's great to see the real past of Dante. Maybe the concept of making each game a prequel is getting a bit old, but the way they've done it this time is just an exception to that.

aka958

Don't trust people
Sin Scythe;281937 said:
I suppose DmC will answer A) why Dante is in his situation
and B) any answers needed for a sequel.

If this continues, the timeline'll end up like Legend of Zelda's.

ZOMG SPLIT TIMELINE OF EPIC CONFUSIONS! :O :O :O :O

Took me a guide and months to get the timeline of Legend of Zelda straight. <.<

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
aka958;282362 said:
ZOMG SPLIT TIMELINE OF EPIC CONFUSIONS! :O :O :O :O

Took me a guide and months to get the timeline of Legend of Zelda straight. <.<

a little off topic but you figured that timeline out ?? how???:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom