• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anybody Remember Nero's Devil Trigger?

Goldsickle

If activated near enemies, the dispersed energy will knock enemies upwards.

I wonder if the idea for this game's Devil Trigger was an exaggeration of Nero's from DMC4.

EvilX-81

I think it was more about somewhat giving some hindrance to DTing. You have like every other advantage whenever you DT: your health recovers ridiculously fast, your attack power seems to double, and the enemies go into slow motion. Only now you have to go up into the air and deal the damage, likely with your weaker angel or rebellion weapons. If they didn't float into the air, you could much more easily wreck the crap out of them with your somewhat ground based, high damage demon weapons. As is, when I DT I yank down the strongest jerk and proceed to Trinity Smash it's face in.

Goldsickle

I think it was more about somewhat giving some hindrance to DTing. You have like every other advantage whenever you DT: your health recovers ridiculously fast, your attack power seems to double, and the enemies go into slow motion. Only now you have to go up into the air and deal the damage, likely with your weaker angel or rebellion weapons. If they didn't float into the air, you could much more easily wreck the crap out of them with your somewhat ground based, high damage demon weapons. As is, when I DT I yank down the strongest jerk and proceed to Trinity Smash it's face in.
Maybe if they didn't make them float too high?

While Dante's DT is making everybody a floating rag doll, Vergil's DT seems to create a Doppelganger.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I always saw Nero's DT as out of control to him, which is why he has that initial outburst when it's activated. Dante's DT is somewhat the same to me as well, as the description pretty much says "Sends the surrounding area into chaos". Since Vergil's DT as said before seems to be the Doppelganger, maybe that's because Vergil has had more time to control his power and concentrate it into something that's less of a widespread outburst.

AlchemistFromEden

I always saw Nero's DT as out of control to him, which is why he has that initial outburst when it's activated. Dante's DT is somewhat the same to me as well, as the description pretty much says "Sends the surrounding area into chaos". Since Vergil's DT as said before seems to be the Doppelganger, maybe that's because Vergil has had more time to control his power and concentrate it into something that's less of a widespread outburst.
that's actually a perfectly good explanation for vergil's DT, and i like the variety and the idea they have different DT instead of them doing the exact same thing

LeoXCV

Single life for life
that's actually a perfectly good explanation for vergil's DT, and i like the variety and the idea they have different DT instead of them doing the exact same thing
Assuming they make a DmC2 it'll be interesting to see if Dante learns to control his DT in a more refined way, without doing the same as Vergil's doppleganger of course.

AlchemistFromEden

Assuming they make a DmC2 it'll be interesting to see if Dante learns to control his DT in a more refined way, without doing the same as Vergil's doppleganger of course.
yea, the lack of control does have its uses though, without it Mundus would've killed vergil in what was one of the best dmc boss fight cutscenes ever made, when dante uses devil trigger to slow down mundus

LeoXCV

Single life for life
yea, the lack of control does have its uses though, without it Mundus would've killed vergil in what was one of the best dmc boss fight cutscenes ever made, when dante uses devil trigger to slow down mundus
True, but it did also look like Dante was kinda slowly torturing Vergil in the end with Rebellion through his chest because his DT was getting the better of him.

AlchemistFromEden

True, but it did also look like Dante was kinda slowly torturing Vergil in the end with Rebellion through his chest because his DT was getting the better of him.
yea which brings up the question of why his eyes were glowing purple at the end of the game

EvilX-81

Just demon claw them down and hack away

Yea that's what I meant; you have to waste DT pulling the enemies back down from the air, which makes it less likely you'll dishing out damage to multiple enemies at once with say, Arbiter's Flush or Drop, since you'll have to drag them all back to the ground one-by-one.

Oh right, I forgot Overdrive can be used for ground to air attacks in DT...

LeoXCV

Single life for life
yea which brings up the question of why his eyes were glowing purple at the end of the game
Could be his angel side fighting his demon side, or his own acceptance of being Nephlim but still feeling human at heart. These seem like the most obvious to me, could probably go on for days making theories so only time will tell I guess. Maybe even a glimps of what could happen will be in Vergil's DLC.

Top Bottom