• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any new style ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I'm thinkin that there should be at least 2 new styles (ok im just bored) but my style is a combination of Swordmaster & Royal Guard...i call it ONYX KNIGHT STYLE!!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was thinking an Elemental style which lets Dante use elemental weapons to their full extent. Like a more limited but more powerful Swordmaster.

Meg

I want a martial arts style. For awhile that's what royal guard was going to be, but they changed it at the last second. Still a really good style, but not what I had expected. ;_;

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Duel weapon style?
pick your 2 favorite weapons beforehand and each combination has it's own mixed set of moves like Yamato and Force Edge?

That could get kind of confusing though.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Legendary Style which lets dante use Sparda's sword and DT with the moves from DMC1 mission 22 "Legendary Battle", including the Dragon move that takes all of your DT. I'm thinking it's a great idea. What do you think about it?

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
Meg's idea is the most original out of all suggested here. Martial arts style, where Dante uses his body (arms, legs, head) as weapons. I'd suggest something like Win Chung style, where you lay multiple blows in matter of seconds. That suits Dante's flashy and swift personality

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Oooooh interesting topic.
First off, a Disclaimer: I would much prefer they un-nerf Dante's Styles before proceeding to create new ones. In 4 most of his styles are just plain gimped compared to what they were in 3, IMO.

Now that that's outta the way. Borrowing from Meg's idea and adding my own toys to the sandbox~

The Chinese culture-nut in me would love to see some Wushu Kung Fu. I know Gilgamesh turns the Swordmaster style into a hand to hand sort of Kung Fu, but its not really what I mean - since Wushu can (and usually does) use weapons. A style that would change the way Dante uses all of his weapons into that light & showy method of fighting made popular in Koei's Musou games is what I mean.

The benefits (if they keep the style-change-on-the-fly thing) of having this would be the mid-range "crowd clearing" AoE effects this kind of fighting can incorporate. Would make for sweet combo bridges and flashy finishes when you add in the over-the-top effects DMC is usually so good at.

Now, I dunno what the general opinion is of Koei's over-milked Dynasty Warriors games are here, but for style alone, the Wushu choreography in DW 6 was outstanding and spot on in several cases. If Dante had a style that incorporated stuff like that for his weapons: I'd be all over it.

And if they gave him a shiny new bo-staff type Devil Arm that worked best under this style? All the better...

NintenDUDE

̄ω ̄
I think that instead of creating a "new" style for Dante, they should just re-vamp the existing styles. My favorite of them all was The "Gunslinger" Style, and I'd like to see some more jaw-dropping skills.

Legendary Darkslayer

The Roguedemonhunter
I do agree that before they make new styles they should revamp the new ones, but new styles are still an exciting concept. The martial arts style seems the most exciting to me. It would be different from the gauntlets (Beowolf, Ifrit, ect.) since this would be more fast paced, and probably have many 'Crazy' combos.

I also like the idea of a Legendary Style where you use Sparda. It would be like the Darkslayer style in DMC4 but with Sparda.

While the idea I have for a style is a bit un-Dante like, I would like a style where you use Magic of some kind. He could shoot fireballs, and have shoot other things that produce random effects on enemies, blind enemies ect. I just always thought that it would be a cool extension of the fireballs you shot in DT in DMC1 or out of Ifrit ect.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
upgrading the existing styles is more important then making new ones but i do have an idea

Darkgunner: it is similer to gunslinger in that it gives additional moves for your guns but the types of moves it has are alot different it would be a far more aggressive style and incorperate use of demonic power in alot of moves.

for example:
the basic move for gunslinger with the shotgun is firework. it fires three shots in diffent directions
with darkgunner dante ( or whoever else is using the style) would do something like hitting the enemy with the gun to stun it then firing a charge shot directly into its face.

i also had two ideas for nero.
1. Dark Knight: a style based on using nero's demonic power. it would include the devil bringer and moves based on the powers nero has absourbed from other demons
2. Holy Knight: based on using the Order's technology. it would do things like create a miniture gyro blade or use the cronoslicer's time slowing effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom