• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any Christian values in the new DMC?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Actually, if you want a christian game with a Japanese design El Shidai: Assention of the Metatron is a Japanese take on scripture. You play as Enoch and Lucifer is your guide as the story takes place before the fall. Several renegade angels have build a kingdom on earth and disrupted the world and your job is to defeat them and return the earth to what it was before they created their relms. It was directed by a former Capcom employee who worked on both DMC and Okami. Each angel has a theme, like beauty or technology, so the game play changes a little depending on who your hunting.
I've never heard of that one (which isn't all that surprising seeing as I'm a complete gaming n00b) - it sounds interesting, actually.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Not a big AAA title. Went under every radar. So your not the only one whose never heard of it. It didn't really get noticed anywhere exept reviewers so it I'm guessin only I've played. I dig it, though, and right now you could get it for, what? 15$, 20$? Worth the check out.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I like games that no one has heard of or bothers with - it's why I tend to go for indie games when I'm shopping on Steam...no one has played them yet so no one can spoil them for me with their opinions of it :)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Every radar? I've been hearing about it for ages; I expect it received actual marketing in Thailand, Japan, Taiwan etc. because that is where I've been hearing about it from. Still hear friends over here talking about wanting it however.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Religions........
The only religion that i have ever acknowledged is buddhism.It's more of a way of life and critical thinking really.
I'm an agnostic atheist because i find a higher being unlikely but i'm not really certain whether "god" doesn't exist and i also don't care.I can carry on and on but i will rather not go on another rail of train.

On-TOPIC
I think limbo was also an aspect of christianity.In DMC 2,we can fight a prince of hell i believe.It's BAAL or beelzebub i'm not really certain.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Every radar? I've been hearing about it for ages; I expect it received actual marketing in Thailand, Japan, Taiwan etc. because that is where I've been hearing about it from. Still hear friends over here talking about wanting it however.
Well, on my little corner of the world it got nothing. Your the only other person I know that's heard of it.

Top Bottom