• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anime/Manga recommendations!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Hehh...the anime isn't terrible but like the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime (not Brotherhood) to manga (Brotherhood) the manga is better since the anime ended extremely early with a half-assed and rushed ending.

Actually I got into the series by coincidence. The summer theme at the Teen Room of my Public Library was Alice in Wonderland and there was book reading competition to see who can read the most books, visual novels, mangas, etc and my library had volumes of 1-16 of this manga and and one of the characters name was Alice and she was a bunny so I decided "Hmmm...what the hell"......and reading it. I liked the fancy Victorian art style and thought it was cool especially with all the Alice in Wonderland references (AND THERE IS A LOT OF THEM) but soon I don't know where but I feel in love with the series after plot twist #12 (this was around volume 3-5) and couldn't stop reading it (volume 14-15 was just amazing). I stopped at volume 16 because I couldn't go on. Its sooo good its hard to keep reading. I'm just processing what the hell happened and have the hype die down so I can read volume 17 with a clear mind as they explain

WHAT THE F*CK JUST HAPPENED!?!?!?!?!

in volume 16....as well as wait for volume 17 and 18 to come to the library. I told my teen librarian about it and although she doesn't like or care about manga or anime she does find it interesting due to the Alice in Wonderland references so I asked for her to bring in copies of the DMC3 mangas since those also has Alice in Wonderland reference but it seemed those don't count since they're not young adult (teen) novels but are adult novels (I guess it was due to all the blood and nudity) so they didn't count the Devil May Cry mangas/novels.

i started reading it ( i think i'm around volume 3 or 4) it is definitely the type of story with a lot of twists ( but i think i know whats going on so far). Alice is very cute ( in her human form, her rabbit form is a bit creepy). i am definitely going to finish this one (and watch the anime)

Top Bottom