• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anime Fan Cast Fun: Death Note American Remake

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There wasn't enough time to develop L's replacements like L himself was.
L was a great character & it sucked he died but it was unpredictable & acceptable.
If he remained & caught Light then it would've been cliché & a small disappointment because it would've been the tired hero vs the arch enemy.
L dying was one of the best things for DeathNote. L had his name written in the DeathNote, it was absolutely brilliant.
It leads you to think he'll eventually get Light but then pulls the rug from under you again & BOOM!
The End Of
L
But all they did was introduce 2 new characters that were literally both just trying to be that same exact L character. With the weird quirks and everything. All they did too was set up a plan to arrest Light. L basically solved the thing. That's what probably irks me the most about Near and Mello. They're characters that are trying to literally replace L instead by doing the same things instead of being their own character.

It was just milking this series to make it last longer. Nothing more, nothing less. They also made a mistake killing off Naomi Misora WAY TOO FREAKING SOON. She felt so wasted and rushed.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
If they really wanted to expand on Death Note then this would be my suggestion. They should have thought of a similar resolution like the films did and then turn back the clock for a L spin off series.

Seriously, I'm surprised we actually don't have this. Have the L spinoff have NOTHING to do with death notes, Kira, etc. It's just a series of cases L has taken on and solved. L battling serial killers, bank robbers, terrorist, etc. The possibilities.

All we ever really know about L is that he's like the greatest detective ever that's solved hundreds of cases. A L spinoff could explore those said cases. Hell, you can even have a season that focuses on when he was very young and practically a teenager becoming L. His origins.

Seems like a no brainer and I have no idea why no one has actually made this a thing yet.
They did have a spin off with just L in his own case that took place before the event of Death Note. It is a light novel called: Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Case.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

Oh! Apologies, I'm never certain who has which bits of DN media when I meet fans. Thank you for clearing that up. I agree about there being people L cared for, but work was always in the way of it all. *feels very similarly about his character*
*only a third of the way through the novel, but remembers the similar scene in the movie**didn't know about the watch, though* I don't think you're reading too much into it. Character studies make talking about a world more fun, imo, and I can talk about a character with L's layers for hours just because they're that fascinating. *would love to talk about him in PMs, if you'd like to, since the thread's a little off topic now*

---

On topic:
What about Lucy Liu for Misora?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They did have a spin off with just L in his own case that took place before the event of Death Note. It is a light novel called: Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Case.
I know. I've read the book and this is actually my own personal copy of it.
Snapshot_20131116_zpsa92106c7.jpg

Snapshot_20131116_1_zps93ea2e6f.jpg

Yep. I have an original Japanese print of the novel. Woooo:thumbsup:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Oh! Apologies, I'm never certain who has which bits of DN media when I meet fans. Thank you for clearing that up. I agree about there being people L cared for, but work was always in the way of it all. *feels very similarly about his character*
*only a third of the way through the novel, but remembers the similar scene in the movie**didn't know about the watch, though* I don't think you're reading too much into it. Character studies make talking about a world more fun, imo, and I can talk about a character with L's layers for hours just because they're that fascinating. *would love to talk about him in PMs, if you'd like to, since the thread's a little off topic now*

---

On topic:
What about Lucy Liu for Misora?
Sure.

As for Naomi Misora...........the lovely Gong Li.
Gong+Li+%252811%2529.jpg

o//////o

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Ooooh, how did I forget about Gong Li? >_< She's so pretty! *likes her more than Lucy Liu for Misora, now, though can picture them both in a BB murder case setting*

Ugh, I thought of a few other people earlier, but now I can't remember. x_x *might have a long list of characters for you later*

Top Bottom