• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anime Dante is canonically the strongest?

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
It's my opinion that while he may be stronger in DMC2 they made him seem considerably stronger in the anime than in most of the other games. It just seemed as if he went through enemy's as if they were made of butter.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's my opinion that while he may be stronger in DMC2 they made him seem considerably stronger in the anime than in most of the other games. It just seemed as if he went through enemy's as if they were made of butter.

Yeah I agree. And Dante only found it tricky when the enemies were made out of 'I can't believe it's not butter'.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The Devil May Cry anime was bad. The only thing I can really give it is that it was very well animated. Other than that its a pretty boring show with plots that even decided not to even conclude sometimes. It was going for a more slice of life formula with the Devil May Cry world still not doing a good job and was a very poor adaption.

Nerofanheart

The Devil May Cry anime was bad. The only thing I can really give it is that it was very well animated. Other than that its a pretty boring show with plots that even decided not to even conclude sometimes. It was going for a more slice of life formula with the Devil May Cry world still not doing a good job and was a very poor adaption.
well it was fun i never really cared about the lore anyway

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The anime bored me for this precise reason, actually... "Oh hey, you're the main threat for this episode, huh?" *three shots and a sword slice later* "And now you're dead!"

Dante used his sword? lol

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
So long as he has Royalguard (DMC3/4) he will be the strongest, since you won't be able to kill him. I've never played 2, but even though it's set after 4, I think 4 was the strongest.

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
DMC2 Dante is the strongest, following the chronology
and yea, maybe it was because the enemies were too weak for him, so he got bored

MyNameIsDonte

I'd want them to do a dark spin on the story leading up to DMC2. Imagine if Trish, Lady and Nero died between 4 and 2, making him into this character.

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
The anime set his guns on god-mode, how else could one explain the finite number of demons he killed with them. Then Rebellion came out, and you knew sh!t got realz.

Personal thoughts? All signs for me point to DMC2 being the strongest incarnation of Dante, simply because of the chronology and natural progression of it all. I mean he goes from being raw as beans in DMC3, through the myriad of adventures glimpsed at in the intervening games, showcased with much amusement in the anime, all on the way to DMC2. So, while DMC2 is the strongest Dante, the anime Dante is the most interesting to watch in fights. :)

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
So, while DMC2 is the strongest Dante, the anime Dante is the most interesting to watch in fights. :)

Totally agree, not that playing as him doesn't have the same kind of excitement it just seemed (at least to me) that anime Dante made the action more enjoyable/exciting to watch.

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
Totally agree, not that playing as him doesn't have the same kind of excitement it just seemed (at least to me) that anime Dante made the action more enjoyable/exciting to watch.

Madhouse really did make the action convincing, epic, and most of all entertaining. I really do love those guys. :D

Top Bottom