• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anime becoming mainstream?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ooooh yeah, stomp some salt into the wound, why don't ya! ;)
Where did they perform, in the US?
Oh. By the way. I'M A BOSCH. NYA! In yer face! :D :D *does happy dance*

Back on topic:
Samurai Jack is anime, right? I looooooved that show as a kid.
No, SJ only has a few similarities to anime. That show and The Clone Wars (the good one) were made by Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Dexter.

I loved all three shows btw. He created a new standard for animated action.

And you're a Bosch? Nice. I like the painter (as crude as his paintings appear to be), and I just really like the name, overall. Too bad you're not related to either Bosch.

Or the Bosch that created Bosch Tools (or whatever that company's name is).

Or the Bosch who was in Blood Work (played by Clint Eastwood and is a good character in the Michael Connelly books, imo)

Ok, I'll stop now.

Sounds like they're saying "boschboschboschboschboschboschboschboschboschboschbosch"

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
^I'm not clued up on my hubby's family tree but you can bet I'm going to climb that tree until I can go 'AH-HAH, Johnny is my so and so from so and so and so and so and so' you know? Just like I may possibly be a far off something or other removed relative of Angel/Steve's considering my great grandad immigrated from Wales and his last name is the same as theirs. England is only so big, yeah.
Anyway. I'll come boast about my relation to JYB once I can be bothered enough to trace the family tree.
Also:
No, SJ only has a few similarities to anime. That show and The Clone Wars (the good one) were made by Genndy Tartakovsky, the creator of Dexter.
[/media]

I....did not know that. :| Velly, velly intristing. :shifty:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That'd be awesome if you found out you were related to both.

Just to be clear, I meant "Dexter's Laboratory".

Also, off topic but, Robert Pattinson tuned out to be related to Vlad Tepes Dracula and the British Royal Family. Hah.
It's got to be some sort of really obscure relation to have Vlad Tepes and British Royal Family in common...then again, royal houses do love inbreeding with other royal or prestigious houses.
This is now making me think of Genghis Kahn. Apparently because he pillaged so much of asia, there is a very high percentage of people alive today who are related to him. I think a lot of that relation is distant or obscure, but that's still pretty amazing that he's got all those people sharing part of his DNA.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I heard about that. I have nothing to say except that I still can't believe that most of us (even on this forum) are probably related to him.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Back on topic:
Samurai Jack is anime, right? I looooooved that show as a kid.
wai.. WHAT ? you mean THIS >
images
i thought it was a Chinese cartoon

The only thing that bothers me is when you get people thinking they can speak Japanese, but all the know is neko, kawaii and other obscure or useless words. The worst are the girls, who put on these really annoying high pitched voices.>_<

Heck, Japanese culture and anime are so popular that they did skits for it, parodying Westerners who are into Japanese culture...

Many themes shown in Anime aren't even related to how real Japanese people act.

For example,the well-known 'all Japanese girls have high-pitched voices' isn't even true. They're present only in anime to sound more warm or nice or in some cases as a parody to this cliche standard.
Not to add that nosebleeds aren't even possible and it's only an anime thing.Japanese guys don't do stuff like this.:lol:

Example :
This one :

And also this one:

Of course,it's not good to generalize the Anime culture just because of SOME PEOPLE or ANIMES.

I can tell you that the western Anime fans are worse than the Japanese fans,and you know why? Because they're degrading their culture.They act fake,pretending to know everything about Japan (which is false) and acting like annoying Otakus.
I have a Japanese friend who told me that in Japan,anime fans aren't even like this.
It's just a stereotyping of their culture coming from the western fans.

Like what you like. Sport it with pride. It's not the niche hobby this guy is talking about.

And as Chancey said,like what you like,even if it's mainstream,if you consider it good and it makes you happy why restrain from liking it just because it happens to be popular?

As you said Doctor Who is popular,this doesn't mean it's not good.

Those who say that they don't like anything 'mainstream' or 'popular' are just arrogant people who think they're better if they don't like what the rest of people like.;)

I like Doctor Who though. I'm not a huge fan and I don't really go out of my way to watch it but, I've enjoyed what I have seen.
I recently started to watch it .I started with the season which has Eleven in it,since he is my favourite one until now.And I heard they'll make a new season with the Twelve doctor in it,and the last one I suppose,because Time Lord= The clock stops at 12.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Example :
This one :

And also this one:

I have recently watched this videos like two weeks ago. Thank god somebody shared this.

Those who say that they don't like anything 'mainstream' or 'popular' are just arrogant people who think they're better if they don't like what the rest of people like.;)

Twilight is just objectively terrible though. Granted i enjoyed some parts of it but it's still bad no matter what you look at it.
And yes, it seems there is a misconception now a days especially in the anime community where Popular = Bad. But in some cases this is true. Works such as Naruto, Bleach, Sword Art Online and Guilty crown are proof of this.

I have recently watched this videos like two weeks ago. Thank god somebody shared this.

I had to. In fact,I'm a big fan of that You Tube channel since it's good to know how Japanese people think or act,and some information about the country and culture.And some random things.

Twilight is just objectively terrible though. Granted i enjoyed some parts of it but it's still bad no matter what you look at it.
And yes, it seems there is a misconception now a days especially in the anime community where Popular = Bad. But in some cases this is true. Works such as Naruto, Bleach, Sword Art Online and Guilty crown are proof of this.

Twilight is bad.
Not only the story which makes me sick,but also,if you pay more attention to it,is actually quite frightening.
It has themes like :
-stalking a person everyday at school
-invading of personal space,
-if a guy ignores you it means he likes you,
-if your love interest is violent it's okay because he looks good while doing it.
-if he beats you,you should lie to the doctors and your family to keep it a secret and protect him
-lying to your parents is a mature thing to do,as long as you protect your suicidal boyfriend
-girls can't do anything without their boyfriends,especially they can't fix anything without their help

A few reasons why it sucked.Besides this, who likes to see sparkly,emotional vampires?
Where's the darkness? Where's the gore? Where's the coldness they posses?

Just like with 50 shades of grey. In fact,I'm not surprised since it was supposed to be a Twilight fanfiction.

Oh,I don't think everything popular is bad.
First of all,some of them,are popular for a reason,but it depends on which kind of audience and how many people make it popular.
Because of course,if you make a teen themed movie,a lot of teenagers will watch it and make it popular.
If you make a psychological or a crime themed movie,it will be watched by that certain audience which is interested in such matters.

To say the truth,almost everything that comes from America becomes mainstream,that's why stuff coming from other countries aren't so well-known even if they're good.

Or if they're known,it's only because of one thing,and not for everything like in America's case.Sure,it doesn't mean everything coming from America is bad,but a big percent of it quite is.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Twilight isn't completely bad. It's decent idea with very flawed execution.

That being said, however...

blade_twilight.jpg

Twilight isn't completely bad. It's decent idea with very flawed execution.

That being said, however...

blade_twilight.jpg

Meh. I just don't really like it.Not even its idea.

Though,If it was gonna be a romance with vampires it could have been done in Queen of the Damned's style (the movie,not the book since it's not the same)

But then again,Rob Pattinson is just plain awesome.I haven't seen an actor hating his role so much with so much sarcasm though.He's amazing.:cool:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i actually like Twilight and own all of the books (but i don't really intend to watch the moves, i saw the first one and it wasn't good) however i can't really argue with most of the complaints. however i would like to suggest that anyone judging Twilight based on the movies ( or the trailers of the movies or people complaining about the trailers of the movies) read at least the first book ( and then if you don't like it i would suggest that you pretend it doesn't exist).

but this is kinda off topic isn't it?

Top Bottom