• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Angryjoe DmC interview

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I have to disagree with you on this one Spawnshooter, in the context that we've seen we can't just say Dante cut himself open. In the picture it just looks like he has ripped his chest open, but I don't know the context either. And even then I still wouldn't consider it emo because Dante is not cutting open his chest for attention. He is cutting himself open to see if he's human or not, or at least that's what I get from the context of the picture.

That's fair enough and you're completely right that we can't say he cuts himself on a regular basis, my bad there. It was more intended for humour.

It just seems a bit excessive, I agree the context of the shot clearly suggests he wants to know whether he's human or not (when ironically he isn't even part) which is fair enough given the world he's grown up in and his obvious differences from regular people.

I feel it's a bit extreme, did he not check his pulse? but really, there are more important things that the character was concerned with, having human emotions alone and the ability to care and love should have been enough to convince him he is not like the demons around him (which he must have been aware of hence checking for a heart) and even then what would checking for a heart achive? he shouldn't have to if he knows he has blood and flesh, Demons do, but do they not have a system of organs their body run on?

Plus one of the main points of the story of DMC was it doesn't matter what your origin, there are humans as evil as any devil, and kind compassionate demons that can shed tears if they lose loved ones. Though it is yet to be revealed if that may be the case in DmC. It's clear Dante can "love" but at the moment he seems like the only one who breaks their factions mold.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
That's fair enough and you're completely right that we can't say he cuts himself on a regular basis, my bad there. It was more intended for humour.

It just seems a bit excessive, I agree the context of the shot clearly suggests he wants to know whether he's human or not (when ironically he isn't even part) which is fair enough given the world he's grown up in and his obvious differences from regular people.

I feel it's a bit extreme, did he not check his pulse? but really, there are more important things that the character was concerned with, having human emotions alone and the ability to care and love should have been enough to convince him he is not like the demons around him (which he must have been aware of hence checking for a heart) and even then what would checking for a heart achive? he shouldn't have to if he knows he has blood and flesh, Demons do, but do they not have a system of organs their body run on?

Plus one of the main points of the story of DMC was it doesn't matter what your origin, there are humans as evil as any devil, and kind compassionate demons that can shed tears if they lose loved ones. Though it is yet to be revealed if that may be the case in DmC. It's clear Dante can "love" but at the moment he seems like the only one who breaks their factions mold.
Very well put, but as you mentioned ripping open your chest is over the top and excessive which is exactly why I think they did it. They want Dante to retain a trait of over the topness, and ripping open your chest to see your heart is pretty over the top. Plus it's original, I can't say I've seen in a video game where the character rips open his chest just to see his human heart. But that's just my take on it, I find the action to be original, very emotional, and pretty badass. :)

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Very well put, but as you mentioned ripping open your chest is over the top and excessive which is exactly why I think they did it. They want Dante to retain a trait of over the topness, and ripping open your chest to see your heart is pretty over the top. Plus it's original, I can't say I've seen in a video game where the character rips open his chest just to see his human heart. But that's just my take on it, I find the action to be original, very emotional, and pretty badass. :)

And that's the most important thing :)

Also nice new avi XD

chocolatepanda

You obviously haven't seen the scene where Dino cuts open his chest to see if he has a heart ;)

I don't agree with the whole emo thing personally but that is kinda emo.

I thought the chest opening thing was just one of the many concept art designs they had for Dante when they were trying to come up with new character.

Azurel

Right here:

Hey, wasn't that in an old fanfiction during the whoo-hoo days?? I'm almost sure I've read something like that before.

Not saying it's plagiarism or whatnot (because it's an idea that's been done by other protagonists in other media to check their own humanity), and I'm sure it's pure coincidence in this case, but surely someone has read something like this before.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wow ive never seen this before thanks :D
I still dont think its emo though, if he did it a lot than it would be emo but if he only did it once out of curiosity than its understandable.
No problem, and I would only consider it "emo" if Dante was doing this to get attention. That is what the term "emo" means showing emotion to a point to where people give you attention.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You obviously haven't seen the scene where Dino cuts open his chest to see if he has a heart ;)

I don't agree with the whole emo thing personally but that is kinda emo.:/

Not really.

Emo to me is more someone who is depressed all the time and only thinks about the negative part of life.

Dante's pretty possitive, what with getting blown by six or seven women and doin' the YOLO lifestyle.:lol:

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I find New Dante not to be emo, just an utter piece of trash in the form of an ugly abomination that dare call itself a living being, and it also smells, really bad.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I find New Dante not to be emo, just an utter piece of trash in the form of an ugly abomination that dare call itself a living being, and it also smells, really bad.
He's Daryl Dixon?
Daryl-dixon-picture.jpg

Top Bottom