• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Amulet(Devil Heart) or Magatama?

TonyRedgraveDMC

So I'm really needing a few second opinions about a plot element in a fan fiction I'm currently working on. I've decided I will incorporate the Major Arcana of Tarot cards as empowering artifacts (which also function as seals on a Hellgate/big bad devil boss) while the Arcana in DMC2 were able to be what they represent (chalice, coin, staff, and "sword") however with most if not all the major arcana being people and large things such as a tower, star, moon, sun, The WORLD, etc I figured they should be their own artifacts with representative attributes. So far all I have been able to narrow down to is either A. Unique Devil Hearts (like those found in DMC2) perhaps explained as being *multiple* crystallized "hearts" (or fragments of one large heart) of some abstract Devil-God being or B. mysterious "magatama" from Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne explained to be from another world, or otherwise explained as being the same things. Which works best? While I won't go in detail right here, I expect to make each Arcana bestow the bearer with a specialized demonic attribute from the series (for example, The Hermit will give its user the power to produce those blue and red demonic seals, The Strength will give its bearer demonic brute strength, and The Chariot will allow its user to move anywhere with a Trickster-like effect like when multiple Marionettes spawn in Devil May Cry) The magatama allow the owner to actually take the power(s) and attributes into themselves, and make the names fit and give them individuality (also due to the Tarot being another theme in other SMT games) while the Devil Hearts would not sound right, unless I wanted to call them "The Fool Heart, The Magician Heart, The High Priestess Heart, etc" Any other suggestions available?

Last edited:

TonyRedgraveDMC

The Arcana should be as follows:

The Fool - ???
The Magician - Demon Arts (fire/ice/lightning)
The High Priestess - Defensive Purity (Holy Star)

The Empress - Command over demons
The Emperor - Command over demons
The Hierophant - Offensive Purity (Holy Water)
The Lovers - Gender-swapped Doppelganger
The Chariot - Trickster-style teleportation
The Strength - Demonic Strength
The Hermit - Red/Blue Demonic barriers
Wheel of Fortune - ???
Justice - Demon Blood (Red Orbs) ??
The Hanged Man - Demon Fluid (Green Orbs) ?
Death - Life Force (Blue / Gold Orbs) ??
Temperance - Demon Tears/Spirit (White / Purple Orbs) ??
The Devil - Something to do witb Mundus??
The Tower - Royalguard
The Star - Regeneration
The Moon - Devil Trigger
The Sun - Untouchable
Judgment - ???
The World - Something else to do with Mundus??

Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations, thoughts? Big questions are why 2 out of 22 have sacred powers when 20 of them all have something confirmed to be demonic in the series, AND The Empress & The Emperor can't BOTH command demons in the exact same way, nor just ANY demons in general, so unsure of how different to make them.

Top Bottom