• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

America: Contradiction Much?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
cheezMcNASTY;289109 said:
no, that's the ironic growth.
the origins of america lie in people fleeing that exact thing happening to them in the mostly the UK, Ireland, and Poland and overthrowing colony control.

but lets not all pick on the easy target, every counry is guilty of doing terrible things: even yours, wherever that may be. (that yours is universal and not necessarily directed at you Darth Angelo)

Thats ok I judge my own country just as harshly. I would think that even the native Americans had wars and massacres over pointless issues between eachother.
Plus they were one of the first people to practice scalping which they thought of an admirable thing to do.
Bloody humans can't take 'em anywhere.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My country is just as contradicting.
The New South Africa - the rainbow nation - apartheid is in the past, we are striving for a new and better future.
Now what we've got going is reverse apartheid eg. the blacks attempting to dominate over the whites. I say attempting because the white people are very steadfast in their beliefs, and their pride keeps them from yielding. Somewhere along the lines, SOMEBODY didn't get the message Mandela was spreading. It was to unify a nation. What we have now is a racist war. Actually, it's not even that. Black people are killing everyone, including their own people. Gone are the days of the threat of having a lion stalk past your street. Now you have to carry a tazer on you and basically do a survey of your front yard to make sure there isn't a group of them waiting to shoot your brains out and steal your car when you reverse out of your own driveway.

And people think that we exaggerate the extremities of the violence and crime, but we don't. The curriculums in the schools have been degraded to such low standards that a two year old could sit the graduate exams and ace it with flying colours. A teenager living on the same block as my parents stayed home from school one day because she was sick. Her dad found her that night, raped and shot, and her hands were missing. Her HANDS were missing - cut off because the killer didn't want to be traced. Another young black family, a mother with a two year old and a four year old, were attacked while her husband was away on business. She was raped and her throat cut, her baby was smothered with a pillow, and her oldest was drowned. And these things are happening in the neighbourhoods that used to be safe, now you can't go for a walk down the street without fearing that you'll be attacked. In my country you would very rarely find that a woman is assaulted in one form or another and NOT raped. We have a doctor that created a vaginal trap to counter the statistics, and even if it might cost the woman her life, it's garuanteed that the guy will be identified as a rapist because only a doctor can remove this thing. And if he does it himself he'll lose his member - which still sorts out the problem of him going off and attacking another woman. And it's not just women. Little babies are being dominated over like this as well.

My country is a beautiful country, we have the best weather, the least natural disasters, the most awesome scenery. But the people, and I mean the government especially (so wish that **** would die already) killed our country. Rainbow nation my ass. I was, along with millions of others who live in South Africa, waiting for something nasty to happen at the World Cup Soccer. A bomb, an all-out shoot out - whatever did the job. Nothing happened because the government liked to keep tourists under the impression that the country is flourishing. Didn't want the outsiders to see the real condition of our land. Which is why as soon as the soccer was over, THEN all the **** hit the fan.

Foreigners like to judge and make light of situations they don't get. And it makes me bitter, because they are all ignorant. I can't say how many times I've wished that these people who pull up their noses because South Africa has established an 'Anti-Crime' day, and hear random scraps of the white people getting some of 'their own back' and going 'well they deserve it', I REALLY wish they would go live in my country. I really, really, really do. It's a worse fate than wishing they'd go to hell. But I digress - South Africa, #1 contradictory country in the world.

Meg

^ I hear about what goes on in South Africa and other countries in Africa and all I want to do is cry. Europeans and Americans invaded that continent and took its soul leaving nothing but hate, crime, and death. Slavery, Rwandan Genocide, Blood Diamonds, its ALL because of Europe and America and it sickens me. Nelson Mandela is an incredible incredible person. I pray that eventually that part of the world, as well as Latin America will be healed. ;_;

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Damn damn damn... The more I read, the more I realize that this world is nothing but a ticking time bomb. And the timer is probably in the (universal standard, anyway) minutes.

Meg

Something is going to have to give. With increasing population and climate change the world is going to be faced with tons of problems if we don't do something about it. I say we all plant a tree! I did. Its a cute tree to. ^_^

Meg

Achievement.aspx

Top Bottom