• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AMD falling further behind Nvidia

Dark Drakan

Admin
1285709-amd-vs-nvidia1.jpg

As the war rages on between AMD and Nvidia it seems that some games are starting to highlight how far that gap is growing and Watch Dogs is the latest kick in the teeth to AMD users. Jason Evangelho has posted an in depth benchmark comparison with multiple AMD And Nvidia Cards tested.

You can see the results of those benchmark tests here. Though considering that Nvidia are the official Watch Dogs partner the game isnt even properly optimized for Nvidia hardware either. In time it will improve but does that mean that the gap between AMD and Nvidia will grow even larger for this title?

GigabyteUK said:
Watch Dogs is bad news for AMD GPU users!
'What you’re seeing in the benchmarks (...) is a $500 AMD video card (Radeon 290x) struggling to keep up with a $300 one (GTX 770) from Nvidia ...'

Nvidia’s Cem Cebenoyan, Director of Engineering, Developer Technology had the following to say about the findings...​

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Haven't ran an AMD card since the HD 5770 (I think they were still ATi back then). I still think that AMD make great cards, and their pricing is much more fair than Nvidia's.

Tbh, I've heard such poor things regarding Ubisoft's weak porting of Watch Dogs that I won't let one benchmark test put me off AMD. That being said, I do love my GTX 770 and I'm in no race to upgrade or switch over yet.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I used to have an Nvidia card, a Geforce 660 2GB, but then I switched to AMD and upgraded to a Radeon R9 290 when I built my new PC, because it cost me so much less than it's Nvidia counterpart and it's horsepower is well worth the price.
My PC can now run Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light at max settings and still get a good performance, but even those games still aren't perfectly optimized as Metros Physx feature is pretty much broken, it was broken when I used it on my Nivida Geforce 660 2GB and I know it won't work on my R9 and even Metro's SSAA is blood sacrifice level demanding, but with it disabled and everything else on max, I average 120fps on Metro and with SSAA enabled, I average 30fps and with Crysis 3 while it is one hell of a demanding game, I still average around 30-60fps with everything on max.

It does suck when my Nvidia supported games start slowing down, like Borderlands 2 has serious FPS drops because it's physx feature is using my CPU rather than my graphics card, but some work arounds can fix that when I get to it.

Still I'm glad I switched to AMD and as for Watch Dogs, I was never interested in the game, I knew the moment I saw it that it was going to be mediocre and that the E3 demo was bulls**t, not that I'm surprised since all Ubisoft games suck anyway, Blood Dragon excluded.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So many people have told me to avoid AMD these days that im probably going to hop back to nVidia. I have owned cards by both but in my experience the nVidia cards always seemed to have an edge though they were far more expensive.

Top Bottom