• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Amazon buys Twitch for $970 million

Dark Drakan

Admin
After everyone thought it was set in stone that Google were purchasing Twitch it seems there has been a twist in the tale and Amazon and have swooped in and purchased it from under their noses. The popular online retailer have made an agreement with Twitch's shareholders to purchase all remaining shares "for approximately $970 million in cash, as adjusted for the assumption of options and other items".

"Amazon and Twitch optimize for our customers first and are both believers in the future of gaming," Twitch CEO Emmett Shear said in a prepared statement. "Being part of Amazon will let us do even more for our community. We will be able to create tools and services faster than we could have independently. This change will mean great things for our community, and will let us bring Twitch to even more people around the world."

The acquisition is planned to close by the end of 2014.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Being picked up by Amazon does keep the Twitch guys in a lot of control while hypothetically under Google, I suspect it would only be basically Youtube's little sibling.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Being picked up by Amazon does keep the Twitch guys in a lot of control while hypothetically under Google, I suspect it would only be basically Youtube's little sibling.

Yeah I think this deal is a far better one than the terms they would have had under Google ownership.

Top Bottom