• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am I the only one who is happy with their current gaming system?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
With all of this buzz about new consoles, I'm a bit skeptical. Used Games have a high chance of being discontinued, meaning that I can't borrow games from a friend or trade old ones in. This buy it's self annoys me to no end, I really hope that all of this talk about that isn't true. Though then again...we are in the age of Locked-on-disk DLC and fees for every little thing. The new consoles sound extremely promising in terms of ram and graphical power, but if I can't buy any used games for it, count me out. Used games is what I rely on for most of the time, I'm either too broke or too cheap to go and get a new copy. Though I did buy DmC and Skyrim new...

And also, I keep hearing the rumors of how the Xbox 720 may need to be online, all of the time. I can still remember that disaster with Sim City, the last thing I need is for it to stumble its way over to nex-gen consoles. What if I want to take it over to a friends house, who by chance doesn't have internet? Or if I have it hooked up to a hotel room tv, and that also doesn't have wifi or internet? This raises a crap load of questions with me, and to be honest... I'm more than happy with what I have. I bought my newest xbox with 250 gb on it this past January, and I do not think that I will be getting a nex-gen console.

Even if all goes well with the new consoles, I'm not about to fork out 400-600 dollars for one.

But hey, thats just me.

What about you?

It's scary. That's all I can say.

But hey, it convinced me to hurry up and get a good gaming PC and stick with it. I will be getting a PS4 though for JRPG's and other weeaboo games that you wont find on the PC.

Oh. And to add I wont be getting a PS4 on launch day because of those rumours and such. I want to hear what people think about it.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star

But hey, it convinced me to hurry up and get a good gaming PC and stick with it. I will be getting a PS4 though for JRPG's and other weeaboo games that you wont find on the PC.

Oh. And to add I wont be getting a PS4 on launch day because of those rumours and such. I want to hear what people think about it.
same here :D I ordered my parts the other day, and I won't be getting a PS4 till I know an official release for FF15/versus13.
Although I think it should of been named FFversus15...I like that.

BLACKSWIPE

I completely agree with you. Before I plan on getting a nex-gen console, I plan on waiting at least a year. The price will have gone down and it will have allowed me to gain a good understanding of the thing. And about the PC thing, I also need to hurry up and get a good PC... not being able to mod content is like torture.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I completely agree with you. Before I plan on getting a nex-gen console, I plan on waiting at least a year. The price will have gone down and it will have allowed me to gain a good understanding of the thing. And about the PC thing, I also need to hurry up and get a good PC... not being able to mod content is like torture.
I know that feel, there's many things I want to mod but I can't yet ;-;

Games too. Getting a PS3 on launch day was a big mistake because there was nothing I wanted on it.
But yeah. Haha. I am going to get parts like Winterfrost thing is I need to build it... That will be hard. PC gaming is great but there's a ton a things you need to look out for and be weary of otherwise BOOM you've wasted loads of money

BLACKSWIPE

Or you could just go balls of the walls crazy and buy the most powerful computer you can find

genius-meme.jpg

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'll be sticking with my PC for the most part, however I heard the possibility of some Next Gen console exclusive Duke Nukem games from Apogee and Interceptor, so if thats the case I'll get a next gen console, but so far neither of the consoles or their games have impressed me, I don't give a damn about what the consoles can do, I just want the games.

If I get a PS4, the first thing I'm gonna do when I get it is get my screw driver, take apart that controller and get rid of that f**king share button.

BLACKSWIPE

I'll be sticking with my PC for the most part, however I heard the possibility of some Next Gen console exclusive Duke Nukem games from Apogee and Interceptor, so if thats the case I'll get a next gen console, but so far neither of the consoles or their games have impressed me, I don't give a damn about what the consoles can do, I just want the games.

If I get a PS4, the first thing I'm gonna do when I get it is get my screw driver, take apart that controller and get rid of that f**king share button.
You sir just earned yourself the badass seal of approval. Its about damn time we get another Duke Game, and the moment I saw share button, I wanted to smash my face into my hand.

BLACKSWIPE

Though I just might have to buy an Xbox console when the newest halo comes out. Unlike CoD, it has a soul and enjoyable characters. I've been playing through 4 recently on legendary, and I must say that its one of the most challenging games I've ever played in my life. I'm currently on the final mission, and the story has been exceptionally good, especially for a first person shooter at that. I'm half way through the last mission <SPOLIER> and I swear to sparda if Cortana 'dies'. B!tches will be burned.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
You sir just earned yourself the badass seal of approval. Its about damn time we get another Duke Game, and the moment I saw share button, I wanted to smash my face into my hand.
Gearbox better not f**k up Duke with a reboot like DmC or Tomb Raider, they can't afford to **** anyone else off, I have high hopes for the rumored console Duke games though, Interceptor is doing a great job with Rise of the Triad so they could do great with some Duke games that GBX has no control over.

If I wanna share my gameplay with someone, I'll record it via a capture device and post it online, I don't want my fingers to slip off the dpad every second and then get my gameplay unintentionally uploaded.

BLACKSWIPE

Gearbox better not f**k up Duke with a reboot like DmC or Tomb Raider, they can't afford to **** anyone else off, I have high hopes for the rumored console Duke games though, Interceptor is doing a great job with Rise of the Triad so they could do great with some Duke games that GBX has no control over.

If I wanna share my gameplay with someone, I'll record it via a capture device and post it online, I don't want my fingers to slip off the dpad every second and then get my gameplay unintentionally uploaded.
The touch pad thingy on the ps4 made me nervous the moment I saw it, I don't even want to know just how fragile it is either. I can imagine just dropping it and seeing the little screen thingy crack, resulting in having to go and buy a hundred dollar controller.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I can't stand gearbox anymore, after Aliens: Colonial Marines, I seriously don't like anything they do unless it involves Borderlands.
Doesn't mean I won't give each and everyone of their games a try though. :p

ZeroLove

I'm a console gamer. Always have been. I do play some games on the PC, but I prefer the console.

I have also relied on buying pre-owned games for a cheaper price when I was low on money. Some games that I have looked forward to for a long time are usually games I will buy for the full price. Why? Because then the developers of the game actually get some money out of it. If I buy a pre-owned game, I only support the store selling the game, because then the developers won't get any money out of it. Hence why I can see the developers would be against the whole pre-owned business that stores like Gamestop are running.

And so with the PS4 they try and stop this. Yes, it sucks for us gamers who cannot afford the games for their full-price, but at the same time, I completely understand why the developers are doing this. They want to get as much money out of their product as possible, and it is rightfully theirs.

There is another solution to the problem though. If the developers and the stores would agree to share a percent of each buy of pre-owned games, then the developers would still make money on their products. Not as much as forcing gamers to buy new copies of their games for the full-price, but still a fair amount considering the game is pre-owned. However, the greed of the developers and the stores won't allow this to happen.

I will get the PS4 though. So I will just have to suck it up and put some money aside for the games I want. Just like in the old days before pre-owned game selling became mainstream.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Neither i'd stick to my PC for like 5 more years cus' i Ps4 is WEAKER than my Pc

I'll buy a ps4 ONLY if it fulfills my prerequisites

1) It must PLAY ps2/ps1/ps3 GAMES on the Go.. like i brought a PS4 BAM ! i can play all my ps3/ps2 GAMES !

2) It should NOT be more than 400$
3) IT should let you transfer all you PSN goodies from Ps3
4) There should be an option to turn of "Social networking" B.S
5) IT SHOULD HAVE at least 20 exclusives worth playing

Or else Sony can have my finger of disapproval !

BLACKSWIPE

I totally agree with you, i love my PS3 & yes i'll get the PS4 but I want at least two more PS3s for a backup in case the PS4 is something less desired.
I'm not getting the 720 because i went a year and a half not playing my 360 till recently because my PS3 was overworked lol.
I think it totally BITES that gamers are buying these for the new price tag & spending Skyrim dlc price for downloadable content on some, THEN reading the next gens won't be backwards compatible unless you pay for those same games again. Yea i agree with BLACKSWIPE, i still like my current system.
Yup. And I can already tell you that the new systems will bomb just as hard as the vita did, especially if some of them need the always online and used games are out. And Xbix 360 and Ps3 will still be getting games made, even after the new consoles come out. It'd be like what happened with the ps2 and xbox, games will still be made for at least another two to three years....but I'll stick to my xbox 360 to the end.

Its a sad thing, seeing the console you love become outdated.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i'm happy with my console but i end up getting the new one just before the next is released
me: yes a PS3 :cool:
internet: PS4 rumours
me: life you cold hearted ass hole -_-

so i'll be getting a PS4 when the PS5 is announed

Top Bottom