• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alucard [Hellsing] vs. Dante

Who will win? Alucard or Dante? Vampire or Demon?

• Alucard

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Dante

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Tie

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Bringer of Death
The ultimate competition. This is only for people who have played the DMC games or have watched the Hellsing OVA or read some of the manga.

Both can't die.

Both are a type of evil, but are good - Alucard a vampire and Dante is half-demon.

Both use guns.

Both wear red. :)

I am voting for a Tie.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Yhea, but we can do it again.

I vote Alucard, we have seen him blown up, incinerated, decapitated and reduced to nothing but a stain on the wall.

As far as we know, Dante would die if he lost his head and we have never seen him lose a limb. Furthermore, Dante CAN die he just has a demonic body that heals very quickly but Alucard is very definitely and without a doubt unkillable.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
We did this in great detail before, so I'm just gonna say what I said last time.

We've seen Alucard get reduced to little more than a smear of blood on the floor, and he's still been able to regenerate himself fully, in terms of his body and his strength relatively quickly.
The fact is, Alucard can sustain an unending amount of pain, he could be ripped limb from limb, have his body utterly destroyed, and so long as there is still some trace of his being, be it a miniscule amount of blood, he can still regenerate.

Plain and simple, Alucard can not be defeated, he's killed high gods and demons in a matter of minutes, his power is unmatched and that's just in his regular body.
Upon unleashing his darker power to its fullest extent, he can bend, reshape and reform his body, summon familiars to his aid and destroy any being with little more than a vague sweep of the hand.

Dante would be little more than a pest to Alucard, we've seen Dante recover from some damage, but we've also seen him grow tired, worn out and battle weary, the fact is, while Dante may be half demon, he's also half human, and has many human limitations, he's not immortal, and compared to Alucard, his powers are pitiful.

In short, in this match up, Dante gets obliterated.

Dog Lord Taisho

Walter;181369 said:
The ultimate competition. This is only for people who have played the DMC games or have watched the Hellsing OVA or read some of the manga.

Both can't die.

Both are a type of evil, but are good - Alucard a vampire and Dante is half-demon.

Both use guns.

Both wear red. :)

I am voting for a Tie.

As has been stated, the bolded is wrong. Dante's level of immortality is not at the same level as Alucards, from what we've seen thus far. It the difference in thier duability and stamina would most likely be the deciding factor. There both close range experts as well as monster gunslingers, so thier combat abilities really wouldnt determine the winner of the match. But Alucard would outlast Dante, and is much more likely to get a fatal hit on him, than dante is to get on Alucard, as rarely any hit is fatal to Alucard. Or at least injure him enough to overpower him, even if it dosent result in death. There is simply no way that Dante could win.

Walter

Bringer of Death
Yeah, I kinda made a mistake there.

But do you think Dante has a chance against Alucard if our vampire doesn't have 3 billion lives in him, but still has his regeneration factor?

By the way, Alucard leaves the weaker enemies of his to just kill him so they think they made it, and then he brutally shows them what he can do.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^^ He's got the most epic excuse of a healing factor ever, nothing to do with lives, his ability to regenerate from practically nothing makes him unstoppable.

Walter

Bringer of Death
He loses one life every time they kill him! He can put his blood back but he still looses one life from being cut into pieces.

Alucard CAN be killed. Though in the end of the manga he was neither dead nor alive.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Alucard is immortal, in every sense, he cannot die, nor can he age, he can pull an unending number of souls form just about anywhere in order to reform himself. Dante would be hard pressed to even so much as touch him as Alucard can move faster than the eye can see.
His immesurable accuracy with his handguns also beat Dante's ability with his guns into the floor, being able to hit a target square between the eyes while looking the other way and moving.

He can rip humans apart with easy, seeing as Dante's body is, in essence, human, when Alucard gets his hands on him, it's all over, so Dante has a healing factor, I'm fairly certain that our half demon can't survive being ripped to pieces.
He can even pass through solid matter, run up walls and hyponotize others to a degree, the fact is, Dante just dones't have the power to stand up to the true lord and master of Vampires, the fight would be over in a matter of seconds if Alucard went all out.

Though he wouldn't, seeing as Alucard likes to play with his victims, wear them down and let them think they have a chance of winning before pounding them into dust.

Walter

Bringer of Death
Angelo Credo;181404 said:
Alucard is immortal, in every sense, he cannot die, nor can he age, he can pull an unending number of souls form just about anywhere in order to reform himself. Dante would be hard pressed to even so much as touch him as Alucard can move faster than the eye can see.
His immesurable accuracy with his handguns also beat Dante's ability with his guns into the floor, being able to hit a target square between the eyes while looking the other way and moving.

He can rip humans apart with easy, seeing as Dante's body is, in essence, human, when Alucard gets his hands on him, it's all over, so Dante has a healing factor, I'm fairly certain that our half demon can't survive being ripped to pieces.
He can even pass through solid matter, run up walls and hyponotize others to a degree, the fact is, Dante just dones't have the power to stand up to the true lord and master of Vampires, the fight would be over in a matter of seconds if Alucard went all out.

Though he wouldn't, seeing as Alucard likes to play with his victims, wear them down and let them think they have a chance of winning before pounding them into dust.

I'm not saying Dante can win. I'm just saying Alucard can be killed.

"There is no such thing as immortality." - Quote from Alucard.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Though I believe it's stated that he's the closest thing to a true immortal.

His immortality is connected to the amount of souls he's consumed, which is likely hundreds of thousands, though when he calls upon them to regenerate, he doesn't lose their power, he still has them contained within them.
So essentially, every time he's regenerating, he hasn't "lost a life", because the souls he's called upon haven't been "used up", simply made use of.

In his final state of release, he's accompanied by his familiars, along with every soul he's ever devoured, the only way that it would be possible to kill him is if Alucard were to make use of his final release, and for his opponent to cut down all his familiars, an impossible task, for anyone, mainly because Alucard basically never needs to make use of his final release.

So really...He is immortal, though when he makes use of his final release, he's at his most powerful, but also his most vulnerable.

Walter

Bringer of Death
Angelo Credo;181407 said:
Though I believe it's stated that he's the closest thing to a true immortal.

His immortality is connected to the amount of souls he's consumed, which is likely hundreds of thousands, though when he calls upon them to regenerate, he doesn't lose their power, he still has them contained within them.
So essentially, every time he's regenerating, he hasn't "lost a life", because the souls he's called upon haven't been "used up", simply made use of.

In his final state of release, he's accompanied by his familiars, along with every soul he's ever devoured, the only way that it would be possible to kill him is if Alucard were to make use of his final release, and for his opponent to cut down all his familiars, an impossible task, for anyone, mainly because Alucard basically never needs to make use of his final release.

So really...He is immortal, though when he makes use of his final release, he's at his most powerful, but also his most vulnerable.

Didn't he use his final release in the London battle? There were nazi, there were catholics, and then Alucard came and released every consumed soul he had. Though I'm not sure if it was every soul.

But when Alucard consumed the blood, he consumed the blood of that catboy whose name I don't remember, Schrodinger, I think. And then he was neither dead nor alive. Which means he was defeated. It's possible.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Walter;181408 said:
Didn't he use his final release in the London battle?.

Yes, hence me saying basically never needing to use his final release, not never needing to use it.

But when Alucard consumed the blood, he consumed the blood of that catboy whose name I don't remember, Schrodinger, I think. And then he was neither dead nor alive. Which means he was defeated. It's possible.

If you want to get technical, he's a vampire, therefore he's undead, essentially he's always in a permanent state of being neither dead, nor alive. :p

Walter

Bringer of Death
Angelo Credo;181409 said:
Yes, hence me saying basically never needing to use his final release, not never needing to use it.

If you want to get technical, he's a vampire, therefore he's undead, essentially he's always in a permanent state of being neither dead, nor alive. :p

Actually, I think it was said somewhere that vampires are dead. They are just walking dead.

Walter

Bringer of Death
Angelo Credo;181427 said:
According to traditional lore, vampires have always been described as being undead. :p

Yeah, but some guy in Hellsing said they were dead, so Hellsing-wise they are dead, while tradition says otherwise.

BTW why hasn't anyone else posted about their opinion?

Dog Lord Taisho

Walter;181406 said:
I'm not saying Dante can win. I'm just saying Alucard can be killed.

"There is no such thing as immortality." - Quote from Alucard.

Thats his own philosophy. He is immortal. Also even if he could be killed, that doesnt make him mortal. Even his ability to live for centureis and never die of old age is a form of immortality. There are different levels, and Dante's is less than Alucard.

Also, Alucard's ability to regenerate indefinately is not proven to be tied to the number of souls he possesses. He has hundreds of millions of souls within him that he could call upon, but he doesnt loose a "life" every time he gets hit with a lethal attack, nor does it take a soul every time he regenerates. Thats simply one of his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom