• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Additional characters for DmC

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If you wanna pitch a rebooted version of an existing character or a whole new character, this is the thread for you.

I'd start us off-

For DmC, Nero and V are the two characters we'd reboot last. Mostly because they'd be redundant with a younger Dante/Vergil running around. It'd be easier to merge them which is what often happens to the various versions of the Flash in most DC adaptations.

Which isn't that hard to do in DmC because New Dante feels like a mix of old Dante and Nero. Vergil feels like the guy who would use summons and read William Blake anyway.

But the V is not Vergil is pretty big on Archiveofourown.org. It gave me a big brainwave and I'd reboot Nero/V as seperate characters with no family connection with Dante/vergil.

V comes first because its my username.

In this universe, V stands for Vijay. He's a mage of South Asian descent and with a dubious character. His main summon is a snake spirit that was his childhood imaginary friend.

A big influence is the Doctor, John Constantine, Uryu Ishida and others. He's a more cerebral character than the others, often contemplating murky scenarios with an amoral undertone.

He has a previous dynamic with Lucia.

His real name is probably not Vijay.

For reference- Shazad Latif as Dr. Jekyll (Penny Dreadful)

latest

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Nero but black. His arm is still demonic but not really in the glowing sense. He'd have hair similar to Childish Gambino with its sort of an afro but with twist at the top. He'd be the first half-human, half-demon in the world.
sddefault.jpg

His outfit would be a purple hoodie, over a long tailed shirt under a black leather jacket, black jeans, and some converse. Similar to the Watch Dogs Legion's trailer.
Screen-Shot-2020-07-15-at-9.55.55-AM-640x362.png

watchdogs_legion.jpg

His gun will still be a revolver, but customized a bit to be able to shoot at a quicker accuracy then his classic one.
sru-86281.jpg

The sword would be similar to what it is in DMC5, only it would look more homemade and crudely put together to give Nero that urban look.
5eeb7055f2a2d71938a8d7cffffe13d8.jpg

And lastly, his demon arm would look more demonic with thick red aura swirling around it. That red aura can transform into a massive arm to grab things, or another type of weapon to use in battle.
chris-peacock-chris-peacock-rotting-demon-arm-lp.jpg

D

Deleted member 41833

I've thought about a DmC Reboot Version of Nero but I don't know what you would give him since DmC Dante has two types of pulls and Idk if it would be ideal to copy and paste a demon arm onto a DmC Reboot version of Nero.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I'm really blocked, can't be imaginative anymore, dunno why. But having a racially diverse character is interesting.. give me a message if you guys want an illustration for yours, it appears i can only do drawings for fun currently, need to boot my self up.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm really blocked, can't be imaginative anymore, dunno why. But having a racially diverse character is interesting.. give me a message if you guys want an illustration for yours, it appears i can only do drawings for fun currently, need to boot my self up.
I had writer's block for two years so i know the feeling.

You wanna repost your old work here? You had a DmC2 pitch a few years ago with some OCs. Maybe you could go in depth with it?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I had writer's block for two years so i know the feeling.

You wanna repost your old work here? You had a DmC2 pitch a few years ago with some OCs. Maybe you could go in depth with it?

currently reworking them since i've gotten a drawing tablet, but damn, takes time getting used to it

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought of a few stories or "cases" for V that had a few ocs.

One was a woman named Farah who was raised by fairies. She was abducted as a child as part of a fairy ritual and raised by them. She's a slender black woman who fights hand to hand. She is named after Farah Black from Dirk Gently.

Another was a hunter couple called Yusuf and Saffiya. Yusuf's an ex-sniper from the military and Saffiya was a med student. Visually they are based off Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt's characters from the film "Gully Boy".
Gully_Boy_poster.jpg

@absolitude no worries bro, take your time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom