• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ACIII to be out Oct 30

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I'm really not as excited for this as I should be :ermm: (i'm a massive AC fan). Revelations was terrible (in my opinion): forgettable plot (Desmond and Altair where the only good parts), same old gameplay since AC II, stupid gimmicks (bombs, den defending). If you can't tell, I was incredibly disappointed with AC Revelations.

I hope this re-invents the series in a similar way AC II did, and that its not just AC II again >_<

Meg

I'm really not as excited as I should be :ermm: (and i'm a massive AC fan). Revelations was terrible: forgettable plot (Desmond and Altair where the only good parts), same old gameplay since AC II, stupid gimmicks (bombs, den defending). If you can't tell, I was incredibly disappointed with AC Revelations.

I hope this re-invents the series in a similar way AC II did, and that its not just AC II again >_<
Agreed. The plot in ACR was terrible, the gimmicks were annoying, and while I love the multiplayer and Altair parts they can't save the game. ACII evolved the series, ACB perfected it, and ACR beat it into the ground. It's time for a change. Hopefully since they have been working on this for over three years it will be a big improvement.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Revelations didn't even reveal anything, just told us a ton of stuff we already knew... So my hype for III has died a little.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Their is another AC?? I thought Revelations was the last one?? I'm also surprised I've never played any of the AC games lol. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Their is another AC?? I thought Revelations was the last one?? I'm also surprised I've never played any of the AC games lol. :lol:

Technically the last 2 have been spin offs of Assassins Creed II (Brotherhood & Revelations). The next is the proper sequel Assassins Creed III with a new character instead of Ezio.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Technically the last 2 have been spin offs of Assassins Creed II (Brotherhood & Revelations). The next is the proper sequel Assassins Creed III with a new character instead of Ezio.
OH!!! Thanks for explaining Dark Drakan. Those last two AC games most have been a big deal because I thought they were proper sequels.

Dark Drakan

Admin
OH!!! Thanks for explaining Dark Drakan. Those last two AC games most have been a big deal because I thought they were proper sequels.

Well they did a decent job in a year but really hope they dont continue to release a new spin-off of one of the titles every year. People will start to tire of the series much too fast.

Reactions: Meg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Agreed. Their beginning to reach that "AC overload" point.

A shame Ubisoft have taken that approach with the series as the base engine behind the game is hugely impressive and deserves to be remembered for the good things. Be a shame if all the good is undone by it turning into an annual release title which is quickly passed over by a lot of gamers.

Reactions: Meg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Perhaps Ubisoft is desperate for money because the economy is bad. But still it doesn't excuse them of dishing out AC games like fast food. Ubisoft is doing what Sega does with Sonic.

Top Bottom