• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AC Revelations : My Review !

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
May Contain Spoilers !!!

First off , I love the franchise but have one major problem with it .. the first game ! Its crap and the way you controll Altair is just terrible and everything about that game is wrong for me so when I heard you play as him in revealtions I was put off slightly but as you only play as him a grand total of 6 times and each lasting around 5minutes so in total 30mins , I was happy that they changed the way he moved etc and changed it to fit ezio's style but you cant base a game on the tagline " 2 Assassins , 1 Destiny " and only play as him for 30mins out of the entire game. So was there a need for him to be in the game ?? In my opinion NO !

Now ezio's story is set many years after Brotherhood and you find your self in constantinople (Instanbul) on the hunt for Altair's Masyef keys to enter his vault and you have to go get them to open it and learn the secrets of the assassins ... so after arriving in constantinople and finding yourself an ally , you learn the ways of the "new" league of assassins , and find the keys etc. Ezio becomes involved with some women , she helps him find these keys and then gets kidnapped and ezio goes looking for her and to cut a long story short , he finds her and everything is fine ( finally some good news in the AC world ) .

The storyline doesnt really exist and you while your lookign these keys , you are set different missions and if you kill enough templars , your assassins dens will come under attack , at one point while I was playing it , all of my 5 dens came under attack and constantly fighting templars isnt fun as it just gets annoying and repetitve .

MAJOR SPOLIER !!!
So after Ezio has found all the keys he goes back to Altairs vault and opens it to find nothing inside ( Oh so how very assassins creed , you do all this for nothing ) apart from the Apple of Eden . He doesnt take it but he says to desmond (somehow) .. " this is for you " and leaves the vault and rides of in the distance with that lover of his ...
So desmond is stuck inside the animus and subject 16 makes his first personal apperance. We find desmond on Animus island , and there are some pillars if you walk through them you have to "find" desmond , so its all 1st peron and you have the create a brigde between two sides of the rooms you enter , this but is the best part of the game i feel . brings something new to the weird world of assassisn creed. So after "finding" desmond , you get regular updates of the outside world , lucy the girl who desmind stabbed at the end of brotherhood is dead and buried , and a mystery voice guides desmond through these memories . The voice is desmonds father ! So after ezio story line and desmonds . So far .. no revelations as of yet but wait ... you get a video of a modern city that is being destroyed by a giant solar flare and then the world starts to re bulid its self and it shows that the first cilivisation that we have heard before was in the past and its going to happen again unless desmond can stop it .. he wakes up from his coma and goes " I know what to do " ..... ANOTHER BLOODY CLIFFHANGER !!!!
So the game should of been called revelation not revealtions !
All in all , a good game but a tad of a let down with the surprise in store ...

Thoughts anyone ?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
personally, i think the game sucked...it was way too open for an AC game, it didn't seem to be as story driven, and it shoulda never had those first person sequences...on the other hand, it was very smooth and i loved the cutscenes, especially in the beginning and the end...all in all, i give it 6/10

Reanbell

Your very own star
So was there a need for him to be in the game ?? In my opinion NO !

Absolutely going to have to disagree with you here. Altair is a legend, it was amazing to play as him again - and I admit to being a bit biased because he IS my favorite character. I was actually very disappointed that we didn't get to play as him long enough. Each of Altair's sequences were thrilling and emotional though, that's why I always wanted more. In my opinion Revelations did a **** poor job showing Altair's life (in the novels they explain it in great detail) and rushed through it. I expected to play as TWO ASSASSINS as advertised when the game first came out, not play as Ezio and make Altair run two square feet and play as Ezio again. That's probably my only major issue with the game. And of course the first game is going to 'suck' control wise when compared to the new games. Each time a game comes out, I'd like to think that the creators will fix their flaws. That doesn't make the first game a BAD game though.

I see that everyone seems to complain about their dens being attacked... this didn't happen to me that often. I believe mine were attacked once or twice while I was exploring and doing all of the side quests, I never really found it annoying.

Top Bottom