• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Abandoned: Chapter Zero

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chapter Zero: Remembrance

Dylan jerked awake, the night air dim and black. "D... Damn..." He muttered. "Another dream..." He recalled the dream. It seemed to have been memories of his past...
---------------------------------------------------------------
A long time ago...

Dylan was rummaging through the junk at the junkyard, trying to find something at least half edible. The stench was overpowering, but he continued to forage. That was when he heard footsteps behind him, crunching from the junk on the ground. He turned to see a tall, middle aged man with a scruffy beard staring him down.

"You lost, scaly?" He asked in a disdainful voice. Dylan sighed. "No, I'm just looking for some food." The man laughed bitterly, like he didn't care. "You ain't gonna find nothin' to eat here, young'un. Now scram." Dylan gritted his teeth. "You're lying. I can smell the food in here." The man's expression went cold. "You listen here, kid, I'ma gonna count ta three. You don't skedaddle by three, I'm gettin' the gun. One..." Dylan started to search faster, until he saw something that looked like fruit. "Two..." He grabbed the fruit and turned around. "Okay, okay, I'm going. Sorry for the trouble." The man's expression turned serious. "You already caused trouble, young'un. Now GIT!" Dylan took off running and flew away after a few feet.

When he got tired, he landed in an alleyway, next to a store. He sat there till nightfall, and soon fell asleep. However, he was soon awakened by the sound of laughter. He carefully opened one eye and looked around for the source. It was a couple of humans, and they had a pair of guns trained on him. "The poor bastard won't see it coming." One snickered. Dylan shut his eyes tight, ready for the inevitable. The next thing he heard was a pair of surprised grunts and a few cracks of bone. He looked again and saw a cloaked man with a hood obscuring his face standing there. It took him a second to find his voice. "Wh... Who are you? Why did you help me?" The man turned to leave, but Dylan ran up to him and tugged his shoulder, accidentally taking the man's hood off. Dylan gasped and withdrew his hand when he saw the man's face. He was no man, but another demi-human. Long white hair and ice blue eyes, with green and yellow scales. "My name is Cyrus." He said in a cold voice. "And I helped you because you needed it. Demi-humans gotta stick together."

Dylan swallowed hard and looked back at the two humans lying sprawled on the ground. "Are they...?" Cyrus nodded. "Dead. I snapped their necks." Dylan was horrified. "You killed them?" He said in a hushed voice. Cyrus turned around to face Dylan. "Yes, I did. Is that a problem?" He said dryly. Dylan's face hardened. "Yeah, it is. What if someone finds out?" Cyrus cracked a wry grin. "I'll kill them too, then." Dylan took a step back. "You're insane." Cyrus shook his head. "No, not insane. Just doing what I have to do to survive. And help you survive." Dylan looked at his feet. "Much as it pains me to say it, if you hadn't have killed them, I'd be dead." Cyrus nodded. "Exactly. Now if you'll excuse me..." He put his hood back up and started walking away again. Dylan ran in front of him. "Hold it. Stay for a while, okay? Least until we're safe." Cyrus rolled his eyes in the darkness of his hood. "Fine, kid. But you listen to me, got it?" Dylan nodded. "Fine by me."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dylan sighed. "What a dream. What a memory..." He looked at the others, still asleep. He took a deep breath and went back to sleep.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yes! I've longed for this one! It looks like a great introduction of both Dylan and Cyrus. Are you going to do the same for the others?

Top Bottom