• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A whole NEW backround.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
In DMC4 you will experience when playing like new backrounds...
Inside some wierd castle,
Outside on the streets and other stuff...
So I just wanna get some info on the new places in the game...:\

Mobfigurz

Well I dont think there is much info about, besides knowing that the game is Based in Fortuna, in Europe.
So far we have seen the Castle, the Cathedral or what it looks like, where Dante enters from the roof in the trailer and we have seen the Docks and most recently, the Opera Square and some what 'slum' part of the city and the 'wild west' looking ghost town with wooden shacks.

morrigan

I remember also we saw abandoned ice castle hidden in the mountains or something like that...

Mobfigurz

Yep, I forgot that part out, thanks for reminding me.
We see both Nero and Dante fight there, after the bridge collapses, the Castle remains in the background, and it looks nice, very gothic.

Im very impressed with what I've seen so far, its more inline with the Original game, very creepy, dark and gothic, just the way I like it. I hope the soundtrack is as nice.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Being a bit off topic since you mentioned the soundtrack. I have to say I really liked how the remixed and and reintroduced Dante's original theme from Devil May Cry 1 on the trailer about him of Devil May Cry 4. I really look forward to hearing it while playing with Dante;)

Mobfigurz

Tony_Redgrave, I have a question for you.

Is that User name your actual name or just a name that has some significance?
I ask because as I was watching the DMC Anime, I noticed it said 'Tony Redgrave' on the side of Ebony, I thought that was cool if it was for you.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I took the name from the Ebony. It can be viewed in some pictures of the 1st game as well.

To be precise it says "For Tony Redgrave by .45 Art Warks". Of course this doesn't make much of a sense.

After a research I did, I arrived at an info that Devil May Cry 1 was supposed to be Resident Evil 4 and thus Dante was Tony Redgrave. But still no clue about the "Art Warks".

The research thus continued until I found the details of the 1st Devil May Cry Novel. It is not cannon anymore but when it was, it featured the events just before the 1st Devil May Cry, as we see a girl (probably Trish) arriving at the shop at the end of the novel.

In that novel, Dante is part of some Devil Hunters.Because of some reasons unknown, probably trying to hide his relation with Sparda, Dante uses the name Tony Redgrave. Enzo Fearinoh is the one who gives them jobs. And Nell Goldstein is a gunsmith from who some of the Devil Hunter's gain their weapons. Dante's power makes almost every gun break after a while, so he goes to visit her regularly, although he usually is broke. The shop is named ".45 Art Warks" and because Nell, likes Dante, since he reminds her of her grandson, and so decides to make some really durable and easy to use guns that will last.

After some events Dante gains Ebony & Ivory from her (Ebony & Ivory being the title of her favourite song) which featured the words "For Tony Redgrave by .45 Art Warks".

Hope I explained correctly, since I don't known the novel, and I haven't read it myself.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
So... about the castle...
Whos castle and what is it there for?
Is it for that little ceremony thing where Kyrie sings or what??

Mobfigurz

Redgrave - Thats is one good *** story, I like the research you put in to get all the background on the name.

I only noticed the words the other day, I was surprised to read them on the barrel of Ivory and I was shocked that I had never noticed that written on any picture of Ebony or Ivory, it was News to me. But thank you for explaining that, I was gettin all excited, thinking we had our very own DMC Creative Dev on these boards. Moonlighting as an Administrator/Moderator

Top Bottom