• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

a tip thread

aka958

Don't trust people
Hi i did this thread for everyone to say tips to each others that can help them.... i have some for myself.... When Dante is in DT he can do 2 air hikes and 2 of the (dunno the name) in trickster (its like air hike but forward. and when berial makes an explosion you can DT when the explosion should reach you and you take no damage

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Cool thanks. I found that the best way to stun the gold knight as Nero is to go up to him and DT (where you launch him into the air) then you can give him the ol' suplex.

Niruz

You can kill one gold knight and two normal angelos with one charged shot / charged shotgun if you wait for them to gather to do the big green ball, dont use the lockon button and as soon as you see them release the ball you just shoot and you'll get instant SSS with about 4000 style rating.

Darth Angelo

I find that giving it a buster works better because you might not have the charge shot at the ready.

aka958

Don't trust people
Buster??? you could use Buster at that??? i only knew charge shoot and Streak (while in exceed) but not buster! COOL! and to make the frogs weak.... hit them in the ice :) . but an easy way to kill bosses is to go through mission 19 without items and use continue until you fix them like a piece of cake :) . and in mission 2 (before port creula) there you have one of those red things you hit and it comes orbs orbs orbs all the time.... there it is a tower nearby (search it) it created froom Wood and looks like a small watch tower... if you jump up to it you get Orbs... if you jump on the top too... you get orbs again

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
with dante, on bosses use lucifer and keep using pin-up + bondage. does a lot of damage and lets you stand far back enough to avoid melee attacks;)

i found this out recently: on the first sanctus boss battle, when he goes in the savior, use buster just before it hits you to counter him and bring out sanctus. timing has to be spot on though>_<

but someone probably knew that already:)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
well, this isnt so much a tip as it is an easter egg in the game that many of u probably already know and have heard for urself. when in the final battle of the game against sanctus, finish him off with a buster when he is at the last little bit of health you'll hear Nero use one of Dante's signiture lines in the DMC series

"JACKPOT!"

aka958

Don't trust people
well i did not know that COOL! and using pin up and bondage don't give so much Style... but thanks anyway :)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
wow..u didnt know that? i finally told someone something they didnt know..lol yay me...oh and..ive found that in SOS mode...go to bloody palace, rack up some orbs and get full DT guage by buying all the purple orbs..it makes this usually slightly diffult mode easy as pie...lol

aka958

Don't trust people
it sounds COOL... i use Lucifer alot! very much.... even against monster that lucifer isn't that good to but its still fun.... maybe many haven't learned all combos... one it says (Xbox360) : Y... Y.... Y and time the last Y.... i never understood that... but now i do.... after pressing Y two times Dante goes down a little and prepare to use the lucifer... you should press Y by then :)

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
a fairly easy and probably already well know tip for fighting Dante for the second time around, impretty sure on all the difficulties, make full advantage of the fact that he will counter almost every one of ur moves with one of his own of the similar type of attack and this will give u full advantage to abuse the devil bringer and build up alot of devil trigger to just beat the crap out of him

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Crimson Red Knight;83718 said:
a fairly easy and probably already well know tip for fighting Dante for the second time around, impretty sure on all the difficulties, make full advantage of the fact that he will counter almost every one of ur moves with one of his own of the similar type of attack and this will give u full advantage to abuse the devil bringer and build up alot of devil trigger to just beat the crap out of him

simple,but a very good tip...rep+ meow.:)

aka958

Don't trust people
sounds that way :) ..... forgot the trick i had in mind :( here is one.. dragon or beal (whatever his name is) hit the ice so then he gets his tounge out.... and you can actually stand on his tail :O beetween the ice from the tail and the body itself :$ .... Lucifer is one of the funniest weapons of all time i know.

Darth Angelo

I just found out that after fighting (and beating) Credo you can go back one area and let the bits and bobs kill you, you then start where you were killed only when you go back CREDO HAS COME BACK TO LIFE AND YOU CAN FIGHT HIM AGAIN yay!

rhys423

wannabe
guys any tips for dmd with the wippy things coz they keep breaking my combos so its hard to s rank... thanks

Darth Angelo

I did it the cowards way and just stayed out of the way enough to charge shoot them, with the blades..didnt find a stratagy I got smacked about something rotten.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
During Devil Trigger with Dante, you can infinitely use Trickster style's ground Dash.

A useful method to deal massive damage to an enemy or boss with Dante is to equip Lucifer, switch on Devil Trigger and spam Pin-Up, the resulting damage is massive, even in Dante must Die mode.

A more widely know "secret" is related to Dante's Gilgamesh weapon attack, Real Impact, it involves executing Real Impact out of Devil Trigger, then when Dante connects with the first hit, engage Devil Trigger and then wait until roughly the third hit to strike, this is when you turn off DT, this gets you a huge power spike while still getting all five hits of Real Impact with the power of Devil Trigger, this technique is known as Distorted Real Impact, this may not be 100% correct, but it's roughly how it's done.

A decent and very simple combo for dishing out a good amount of non-stop damage involves the use of Yamato and Rebellion in Darkslayer style, it simply involves attacking with Rebellion twice, then Yamato twice, useful tactic for Dante with bosses who are stunned, and you have no access to Devil Trigger.

Another fairly commonly known ability is with Nero, during the Devil Trigger Buster scenes on stunned bosses, providing you have shot at them beforehand, during the Buster sequence you can repeatedly tap the shoot button to fire Summoned Sword at the boss during the Buster, this allows for a nice addition of extra damage on top of the Buster attack.

Another ability relating to the Buster is, during a Buster sequence with a boss, tapping the Buster button repeatedly seems to increase the damage output, this also works on regular enemies, increasing the length of the Buster sequence and doing more damage.

rhys423

wannabe
i dont know how well this is known but when dante puts the box on the floor... i dunno what its called he can take down angelos shield mephists and fausts cloak and also TAKE DOWN THE BLITZ ELECTRIC SHIELD instantly the disater gauge can be empty aswell
ps. sorry my last post was so badly typed lol

Top Bottom