• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Shadow Knight cometh

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
clairavance;190367 said:
The idea of it being a hint that Nero could be Sparda reincarnated crossed my mind. But then I took Yamato and stabbed the idea to death. No way could Sparda have been such a softy. NO WAY.

u forget sparda was such a softy! he gave up EVERYTHING for eva.....

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Eva really must have changed Sparda when they met. To go from a cold and rebellious demon and end up loving a human must have been quite a thing to get used to.

Zato-OW

King
No he met Eva waaaaaaaaaaay after he saved the human world. He just had a thing for humans for some reason.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
maybe he loved some other girl who died...but had kid with her...hence how nero can be descendant...then 2000 years later he meets eva...who happens to remind him of her...and BAM...dante and vergil are born

Sparda™

It seems I have to be online every time people start saying blasphemies regarding Sparda's past. ;)

Sparda was no softy.

He was defeated by Mundus when he and the rebels waged a war against their own kind. In the second confrontation, Sparda had the upper hand, and confronted Mundus alone. Then he did that ritual we all know.

It is unknown what changed Sparda's heart, but probably he fell in love with a human female - that's the only reason a cold-hearted demon would turn his back to his own kind.

When he realized humans were not as bad as to wipe them from the face of the Earth, he convinced fellow demon warriors to take the upper hand on Underworld's ruler back at that time, Mundus.

Some followed Sparda because they trusted and believed in his principles and ideals, and some for their own interests.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil'sB*tch;190376 said:
Give it a stab from me! :D
If it was Sparda reincarnated, wouldn't Nero be like Sparda? (Rebellious like Dante and arrogant and cold like Vergil)

*stabstabstab* :lol:
Yeah, but Sparda was in love, which is a situation neither of the twins had been put in, so they lacked that 'weakness'. Well, I didn't hear them running after one or the other and screaming their name and constantly crying at their own incompetence. LOL!

Not that I want to go too off topic, but since the whole Eva thing was brought up: don't you guys think Sparda might have unintentionally fallen in love, rather than Eva sweeping him off his feet?

What I mean is, Sparda was a real rebel, right? Totally went against the grain. Which peeved off his demon comrades and drove Mundus mad. Maybe he planned to do the type of thing that would make his kind (and humankind) go 'LA GASP, HOW DARE HE?' eg. produce half-breeds.

Maybe he got high on doing whatever he wanted, because he COULD do whatever he wanted? Doing what was considered blasphemy. So when he met his 'mate' it was purely for his own selfish reasons, and he underestimated that certain bond he would share with her and fell in love.

That's just what I'd have liked to have happened, rather than go with the norm of 'Eva was something special and she turned him into putty in her hands'. Because honestly, some women can turn men into mush if they know which buttons to press, but this is Sparda we're talking about. The demon warrior - he couldn't have been tamed that easily or bowled over that easily by any woman, if he was a true rebel at heart.

Sparda™

clairavance;190402 said:
*stabstabstab* :lol:
Yeah, but Sparda was in love, which is a situation neither of the twins had been put in, so they lacked that 'weakness'. Well, I didn't hear them running after one or the other and screaming their name and constantly crying at their own incompetence. LOL!

The fact that the twins have each the halves of their father's personality doesn't make them the stereotypes of knights-in-shiny-armor-rescuing-the-ones-they-love.

That's where the strong theory of Nero being Sparda's third son gets stronger.

clairavance;190402 said:
Not that I want to go too off topic, but since the whole Eva thing was brought up: don't you guys think Sparda might have unintentionally fallen in love, rather than Eva sweeping him off his feet?

I think Sparda, 2000 years ago, fell in love with a woman. Now, back in the 20th century where Sparda fell in love with Eva, I have my theory that Eva might have looked the same as the woman whom Sparda loved two millenniums ago.

The most reasonable theory of Sparda protecting humans instead of destroying them has come from a strong love relationship with a human female.

clairavance;190402 said:
What I mean is, Sparda was a real rebel, right? Totally went against the grain. Which peeved off his demon comrades and drove Mundus mad. Maybe he planned to do the type of thing that would make his kind (and humankind) go 'LA GASP, HOW DARE HE?' eg. produce half-breeds.

The demons say that Dante's nature and persona resembles Sparda's character - rebellious. Sparda planned nothing in that aspect.

Personally, I think Sparda just spent 2000 years on Earth, killing demons, sealing hell gates and doing business with devil hunting.

clairavance;190402 said:
Maybe he got high on doing whatever he wanted, because he COULD do whatever he wanted? Doing what was considered blasphemy. So when he met his 'mate' it was purely for his own selfish reasons, and he underestimated that certain bond he would share with her and fell in love.

It is true we know nothing about Sparda, but what you're implying here is going a bit too far. Sparda was indeed against his own kind, but he turned for a love interest. That made him look at humans with another eye - caring and protecting them.

Sparda was no fool, however. He knew that there were humans as evil as any demon, so he calculated that by doing this, going against his kind, he'd have enemies from both sides, as well as allies.

clairavance;190402 said:
That's just what I'd have liked to have happened, rather than go with the norm of 'Eva was something special and she turned him into putty in her hands'. Because honestly, some women can turn men into mush if they know which buttons to press, but this is Sparda we're talking about. The demon warrior - he couldn't have been tamed that easily or bowled over that easily by any woman, if he was a true rebel at heart.

Eva's love interest happened in the 20th century. What turned Sparda at the good side, happened 2000 years before Eva was even thought to be conceived.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Heh. Sparda, I LOVE how you dissect my posts.
True, so maybe I am off the mark with him doing what he pleases - I just came to that conclusion because of the way Dante and Vergil are. The greed vs compassion bit aside. They're both arrogant (Vergil is just a lot more subtle than Dante in this aspect) because of their confidence, because they know they've got it going on (I mean, c'mon, the looks, the class, the power, the skill) If they both 'inherited' these arrogant personality traits from Sparda, then imo, Sparda had to be one ****y guy.

Sparda™

clairavance;190424 said:
Heh. Sparda, I LOVE how you dissect my posts.

I've been told I can dissect other things too.XD

clairavance;190424 said:
True, so maybe I am off the mark with him doing what he pleases - I just came to that conclusion because of the way Dante and Vergil are. The greed vs compassion bit aside. They're both arrogant (Vergil is just a lot more subtle than Dante in this aspect) because of their confidence, because they know they've got it going on (I mean, c'mon, the looks, the class, the power, the skill) If they both 'inherited' these arrogant personality traits from Sparda, then imo, Sparda had to be one ****y guy.

Sparda is an epic son of a gun. Their sons have inherited his two halves, and they're no less epic than their father.

But I see where you came from with this.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda isn't too smart though. He is the main reason humans are dying and getting hold of demonic power. The fact that he doesn't destroy these gateways and artifacts tells me that Sparda is suspect. Even with Trish stating that he may have left these gates up because he was homesick doesn't excuse the fact that he is very reckless.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;190428 said:
Sparda isn't too smart though. He is the main reason humans are dying and getting hold of demonic power. The fact that he doesn't destroy these gateways and artifacts tells me that Sparda is suspect. Even with Trish stating that he may have left these gates up because he was homesick doesn't excuse the fact that he is very reckless.

Humans have logic. If they want to go after the traces of the Legendary Dark Knight, they're welcomed.

Sparda sacrificed himself for humanity. I disagree on Sparda having something for demons. Yeah, he's a pure demon, but he'd never betray his morals just because of nostalgia.

The fact he conceived children with a human, seals this doubt.

Zato-OW

King
Most people have unplanned children. This could be the case but who knows? Sparda knew he could have just further more secured the world by destroying these openings but instead left them up. This gave Dante and Trish reasonable doubt and figured he was homesick. Now I think hes either stupid or hes still attached to his home. There is no reason at all for him to leave those gates and artifacts floating around the world knowing there are people and demons who try to open them.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;190434 said:
Most people have unplanned children. This could be the case but who knows? Sparda knew he could have just further more secured the world by destroying these openings but instead left them up. This gave Dante and Trish reasonable doubt and figured he was homesick. Now I think hes either stupid or hes still attached to his home. There is no reason at all for him to leave those gates and artifacts floating around the world knowing there are people and demons who try to open them.

Most people, not demons.

Plus, you're speaking like you're certain about someone that could be described as the most obscure character of the series.

Zato-OW

King
I'm just speaking by common logic. How do I sound certain about a fictional character who has never shown up in a game? I said " Now I think hes either stupid or hes still attached to his home." This means I'm not sure of his reasons for doing so. Actually your the one speaking as if your certain about his character. But the fact still remains that he left gates up all over the world and he could have easily destroyed them to fully rid the world of the problem. Common sense would've told Sparda that destroying the gates=safe humans.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Sparda™;190396 said:
It seems I have to be online every time people start saying blasphemies regarding Sparda's past. ;)

Sparda was no softy.

He was defeated by Mundus when he and the rebels waged a war against their own kind. In the second confrontation, Sparda had the upper hand, and confronted Mundus alone. Then he did that ritual we all know.

It is unknown what changed Sparda's heart, but probably he fell in love with a human female - that's the only reason a cold-hearted demon would turn his back to his own kind.

When he realized humans were not as bad as to wipe them from the face of the Earth, he convinced fellow demon warriors to take the upper hand on Underworld's ruler back at that time, Mundus.

Some followed Sparda because they trusted and believed in his principles and ideals, and some for their own interests.

Sparda was soooo a softy....he turned for love...as for the rest of your post, how do u know any of that? they give us so little info about sparda that no one an be certain of anything other than he was a demon who fell in love and sealed some gates...tthat's about it

Top Bottom